Innovative Marine Aquariums

Kat's METROpolitan: Retired May 2018

metrokat

I'm going to continue being silent over here because I have no idea how to tackle this scape. You're a braver person than I am Kat, and it looks like some promising stuff is being suggested.

If you put a rock wall in your tank I will come over there with my beating stick.

• Like 1

Yeah I didn't figure you'd want to frag it all out but I figured I'd throw it out there.

As far as shipping the rock I thought they included 3 day in their price. I guess I'll have to send them an email and see what I can figure out.

• Like 1

Yeah I didn't figure you'd want to frag it all out but I figured I'd throw it out there.

As far as shipping the rock I thought they included 3 day in their price. I guess I'll have to send them an email and see what I can figure out.

Tell Dan that Kat sent you, you are special.

Not a problem~

:wub: thank you so much

• Like 2

As far as I recall, everything at a preset weight is shipped in flat rate priority boxes so you should be right about 3 day.

• Like 2

As far as I recall, everything at a preset weight is shipped in flat rate priority boxes so you should be right about 3 day.

Yeah I would go with the nano box package. Man I'm getting eager to get this going now.

• Like 1

Sub'd! Your tanks are inspirations Kat! The only problem is how long your threads have become lol. I need to binge read to catch up to the latest thread.

• Like 2

If you put a rock wall in your tank I will come over there with my beating stick.

Too late. I actually had a custom coral insert made with a bunch of colors that don't even exist in nature. Figure it'll be harder to kill them that way and less maintenance.

• Like 4

Hmm maybe I'll check and see what overnight would be. I've always wanted to order rock from the Gulf but always went with what I could source locally. Well now the only LFS that does saltwater wants $10 a pound for your typical Fiji Tonga type stuff and that's not gonna happen.

Christ, I sell FRESH, I mean like it was in Indo Saturday fresh rock for that + domestic shipping. Find out if it's real Fiji air freighted rock or boat rock, I got $100 says it's boat rock that he's tanked.

Trying to find CBD medicine for my cat is proving more difficult than I thought. You could get Hemp based CBD medicine online, and it is legal to buy and ship to all 50 states. But I just got this message from a company I was looking to buy from:

"Due to the current DEA classification of CBD as a Schedule 1 drug, we have decided to suspend the selling of our CBD Pet products"

The DEA is the most enraging gov't entity to deal with, a Pox on their house!

I'm going to continue being silent over here because I have no idea how to tackle this scape. You're a braver person than I am Kat, and it looks like some promising stuff is being suggested.

I don't have a clue either, I like the idea of a slab wall which we WILL be doing in M's new 130D.

• Like 1

Honestly my guess is a lot of it is dry rock they've seeded themselves plus some stuff they've gotten in from tank tear downs. I've got plenty of dry rock if I wanted to use it but I've always wanted to the uncured aquacultured rock.

• Like 2

Sub'd! Your tanks are inspirations Kat! The only problem is how long your threads have become lol. I need to binge read to catch up to the latest thread.

You are very kind! Thank you.

Too late. I actually had a custom coral insert made with a bunch of colors that don't even exist in nature. Figure it'll be harder to kill them that way and less maintenance.

nooooooooo

I can't cope.

• Like 2

The way that I would approach the scape is somewhat similar with cascades, but along the lines of mountainscapes.

scape1.jpg

scape3.jpg

Ridges and ridges that crisscross each other and layering the tank to hopefully produce depth. Your bisects for the ridges would be at the thirds as it snakes through like how a river would. Rocks would be used at a minimum and not the boulderous type, but rather minimal tonga sticks which the corals would grow out from.

tonga.jpg

tonga2.jpg

That scape would by itself hide the line from the top area from the bottom.

• Like 9

All the corals are in the tank. There is not one single piece of bare rock, the only rocks in the tank now are 3 dongs with encrusted corals and one large double decker with encrusted corals (used to make up the left side bommie in the old tank. All my new rock from the gulf is in a holding tank now, with the file fish. I see 2 aiptasia. Can this filefish can finish them off? Watching. It's a cool fish tho.

32516038241_55f0ac2aa8_b.jpg

This picture is by no means a scape. It's just where I was able to find room for the corals.

Although I am starting to make some sense of it on the right side.

• Like 10

LFS around here sell boat rock for $8/lbs.

My most recent tank I bought Uncured shipped direct overnight FL rock and it was great.

I can do you a box, 25-27 kilos for $200+ shipping, that's Tonga slab or branch, Pukani or fancy branch

Honestly my guess is a lot of it is dry rock they've seeded themselves plus some stuff they've gotten in from tank tear downs. I've got plenty of dry rock if I wanted to use it but I've always wanted to the uncured aquacultured rock.

What most people don't realize is all you have to do is feed it and keep it wet.

The difference between fresh uncured ocean rock and just plain old live rock is night and day.

• Like 2

Quick Idea for the aquascspe. For the top portion I would use the rocks yours SPS is already on and try to hang them off the edge. This way there's room for them to still grown, to clean the back and side glass panels. You could accomplish this buy using a type of aquascaping puddy and glue, then could try to secure the rocks to the glass this way (if you don't mind securing them to the glass with glue/puddy). I've seen many drop off tanks have rock off the ledge also by using the lip to hold them in place. Especially the Tonga branches covered in SPS... would look awesome hanging off the edge!

• Like 1

Quick Idea for the aquascspe. For the top portion I would use the rocks yours SPS is already on and try to hang them off the edge. This way there's room for them to still grown, to clean the back and side glass panels. You could accomplish this buy using a type of aquascaping puddy and glue, then could try to secure the rocks to the glass this way (if you don't mind securing them to the glass with glue/puddy). I've seen many drop off tanks have rock off the ledge also by using the lip to hold them in place. Especially the Tonga branches covered in SPS... would look awesome hanging off the edge!

Yep. Dongs.

I'll never use dry rock as my main rock ever again, EVER! I'll use pieces of it in there, but nothing like fresh live rock.

Haha I'm opposite. I love ReefCleaners, the one piece of dry rock I've tried came with aptasia. Sure live rock brings in bacteria, but that can be seeded easily rather than risking it all with pests.

The electrical cabinet needs more work. Sigh. Now the plugs that go into the DJ strips don't fit, so going to turn that board clockwise so that the outlets face the top and bottom instead of to the sides- the cords and plugs will have more room that way. Wish I had a jigsaw. Ikea has a jig saw

• Like 1