Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Kat's METROpolitan: Retired May 2018

metrokat

It's so nice! :wub: Can't wait to see the right side keep filling up!

Meanwhile I'm googling freshwater iwagumi setups...

Edit: Just quoting so it's on this page, too..

Here you go. Hope this is what u were thinking~

Nola that software is awesome what program is that? I really like your design to focus goes to the edges bringing the abyss in the middle to the background

• Like 2

Thanks! I'm just using an app called draw pad. I've had it for years. It lets me use hard lines and finger sketching on iPad. I can't take all the credit though, Kat has been guiding the revisions.

• Like 2

It's looking pretty nice. Do you intend to keep the glass of the shelf clean or covered in coralline?

Regarding the scape... I like the nola layout, but think there should be connection from left side to right side on either the top or the bottom, but not both. That way you can achieve something resembling your golden spiral.

golden59.gif

The fishies look so happy in that space. :)

• Like 4

So demanding!

Alright so let me go over what I did. I'm going with the laurel/wreath concept and somehow it will magically also work out with the golden ratio. :rolleyes:

The right side is coming along great with this concept. I have to remove that very top right piece.

The belle-of-the-ball AKA Katropora is that big colony at the top - just off the center. That needs a better placement.

You can't really see the left side but I have the zoa rock which needs ot be lowered (too much sand under it although Juu is loving life ATM)

The magnetic dong is sitting in the sand on the left, going to see how it looks when it is attached with the magnet and where the best place for it might be.

Top left is not to be looked at right now.

I might go heavy SPS all on the right and just some sticks on the left with the zoas/LPS.

32291239450_e6aac47e32_b.jpg

32517487782_7aa0130113.jpg

• Like 9

I think it looks pretty damn cool. In my head i thought the top shelf would be best served as a sort of tide pool area.

Shelf O' Clams. Nuttin' but clams.

So this happened

32629708936_f520de2b4d_b.jpg

Of course, it hasn't happened since but I'll take it for now

• Like 9

Gonna try polishing the scratches out of the old 130D. I I screw it up, no great loss.

And WTF with golden ratios and wreaths? IT'S A FRIGGIN' FISH TANK!!!!! :D

• Like 5

Had to isolate the one springers damselfish in the 10G with the uncured rock and the filefish - he was being really bullied - this time by the other damselfish and also the clown again. poor guy.

The filefish has not eaten either one of the 2 aiptasias, nor has it looked at the delicious test frag of zoas I have in there.

Why! I have't been feeding the tank so the fish has to be hungry right? And polyps and aiptasia are their natural food, so WTH?

Brilliant idea with the wreathe. I think its going to look excellent when its totally pulled off. I can already see it in your recent pics.

Fun read through this thread. I had no idea these kinds of tanks even existed! Are Katropora frags ever up for sale/trade?

• Like 1