Top Shelf Aquatics

Kat's METROpolitan: Retired May 2018

metrokat

This might be great!!

heat-stabilized-nylon-cord-clip_sm.jpg

If you can get it to stick! Are the lights in the cabinet will holding up?

(Also, adorable cat bed near the aquariums!)

• Like 1

If you can get it to stick! Are the lights in the cabinet will holding up?

(Also, adorable cat bed near the aquariums!)

The clips in the cabinet were probably poor adhesive. I tacked the light with nails so it's good now.

Yeah, Bogi has many beds :)

• Like 1

Don't have fancy tools. Also broke 3 dremel bits, this peg board is dangerous, I could have hurt myself. :(

Anyway so this is what I have thus far.

31527551424_6a66c8d376_h.jpg

I don't have room on the sides to make holes for wires but Ieft space on the top and bottom of the Apex panel for the wires. The Apex wires itself are the problem, very thick and not too flexible.

32370219465_b750547b64_h.jpg

Will zip tie cords to the pegboard I guess. One of these would be nice but the nail would stick out the back.

Circle-Cable-Clips.jpg

This might be great!!

heat-stabilized-nylon-cord-clip_sm.jpg

Ah okay. From the pics, maybe do two boards. Have them cut you a slightly larger piece than the one that you currently have both EB4s mounted on to run up to the next set of clips. Then put the original shelf back in and then run another pegboard up to near the top like you currently have. That'll give you an extra platform to store some stuff on (e.g. test kits). You can also fancy it up a tad if you want by adding some lights in the cabinet there on the top (corded undercabinet led pucks works well).

That's only if you're going back to HD/OSH/whichever hardware store is over on that coast. While you're there, also grab some shorter screws for those pegboard attachments. Otherwise, flip those screws around so that the longer ends are in the back versus facing the front (remove one at a time and flip it while the other 3 are holding the pegboard up).

so these are the secret sauces

Yuh huh

Ah okay. From the pics, maybe do two boards. Have them cut you a slightly larger piece than the one that you currently have both EB4s mounted on to run up to the next set of clips. Then put the original shelf back in and then run another pegboard up to near the top like you currently have. That'll give you an extra platform to store some stuff on (e.g. test kits). You can also fancy it up a tad if you want by adding some lights in the cabinet there on the top (corded undercabinet led pucks works well).

That's only if you're going back to HD/OSH/whichever hardware store is over on that coast. While you're there, also grab some shorter screws for those pegboard attachments. Otherwise, flip those screws around so that the longer ends are in the back versus facing the front (remove one at a time and flip it while the other 3 are holding the pegboard up).

Got a tap touch LED puck on the ready.

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

So, clean! I love your build! Wait till you see what I have in my magic hat for a build, all I can say is that it's going to be pink! :)

• Like 1

I do hope you're wearing eye protection using that Dremel tool, I like you the way you are, all parts functioning and no pirate eye patch. I have an oscillating cutting tool if you'd like to use it. I put the "cutting" in there as to avoid tool confusion. I could drop it off Sunday, critters inbound, or next Friday, Africa inbound. If you're looking for a nice bit of kit, they're the cat's ass.

• Like 1

I do hope you're wearing eye protection using that Dremel tool, I like you the way you are, all parts functioning and no pirate eye patch. I have an oscillating cutting tool if you'd like to use it. I put the "cutting" in there as to avoid tool confusion. I could drop it off Sunday, critters inbound, or next Friday, Africa inbound. If you're looking for a nice bit of kit, they're the cat's ass.

I'm done. I am never using a power tool again. Ha!

So, clean! I love your build! Wait till you see what I have in my magic hat for a build, all I can say is that it's going to be pink! :)

Thanks Mike - how are you?

• Like 1

You oughta try a buzz tool as M and I call it. You can cut all sorts of stuff with it from pipe to drywall, wood, you name it, it'll cut it. You can get one at Harbor Freight for cheap. And NOT put out an eye.

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

I'm done. I am never using a power tool again. Ha!

Thanks Mike - how are you?

Kat,

I am making this 2 gallon cold water into PINK!

32228403652_8af821666a_z.jpg

31536075944_a1c0afd980_z.jpg

32339642526_3a9c09b3d6_z.jpg

• Like 2

Baffles arrived. I'm trying to figure out how to hold to install them

The old sump had a 6 inch wide return chamber and it was generous, the pump had room on the sides. Since I have the same pump I think keeping it at the 6 inches is fine.

How to hold the baffles in place and straight while the silicone dries? No I don't have clamps.

• Like 2

I just used masking tape when I built my sump, much like this illustrates:

http://www.reef2reef.com/threads/how-to-build-a-40b-sump-how-to-attach-the-glass-baffles-with-silicone.111821/

You two need to stop giving me ideas. I have a cart on the home depot website with supplies for a 48"x24" 'nightstand' to put the fusion on when/if I move it. I don't need to know how easy it is to put a sump in it, too!

• Like 2

You two need to stop giving me ideas. I have a cart on the home depot website with supplies for a 48"x24" 'nightstand' to put the fusion on when/if I move it. I don't need to know how easy it is to put a sump in it, too!

Speaking of cart, you can cut your teeth on something very easy to get you started. This cart was made using 2x4s cut by HD and took very little to get it to completion. I keep it in the office to hold my salt bucket and sit on top of it to view my tank (easy to roll around w/some wheels on the bottom; furniture sliders instead if it's going on hardwood flooring).

• Like 2