Innovative Marine Aquariums

Kat's METROpolitan: Retired May 2018

metrokat

Thought I would try to see how the abyss looks with a light on it

32254509065_ecbb454625_b.jpg

Then I thought what if I threw on a skimmer and made real use of the shelf :lol:

32315627626_a43b3d746c_b.jpg

I made a new electrical cabinet.

32234541711_2ee46b5e18_c.jpg

My dremel work is absolutely awesome.

31512410344_5d9e40541b_b.jpg

Ta-da

32204633822_630ecd8840_b.jpg

:)

• Like 13

So did the 20 sump get hooked up yet ? Kind of hit a snag here.............

What happened?

I am waiting on my baffles to arrive. Marc Levenson cut them for me last week. I said I want em shipped in pink peanuts. :rolleyes:

Anyway so there he is holding my baffles after he cut them. :)

32316890376_5e4b668cc1.jpg

Of course while I'm sitting here waiting for them to arrive, I realized that the adjustable baffles fromt he Reef Octopus sump that cracked fit the 20L. I'm dumber than dirt.

• Like 6

Drilled a small hole to break the siphon when the return pump is turned off today.

The durso strainers I have are smaller than what i need now from my previous tank, Benny might look for some spare gutter guard and send me a 3inch square.

Got silicone ready for those baffles. 24 hour cure time, might do 48.

The fish are here! I moved them over from the old apartment yesterday.

So now I have 3 tanks in here. :blink:

32236116211_23e049d3c5_b.jpg

They are doing alright, the tang has a sunken tummy :(

My nephew wasn't very good about feeding them twice a day. And in this little tank I'm careful about feeding too much.

• Like 7

So much going on in this last set of pics. Did you always have a Mareinepure 8x8x1 block, or is that new? I just inserted one under my skimmer in place of some PVC that it was sitting on. Let me know how it's been working for you.

That new electrical cabinet is a great idea. I'd considering using the existing shelf in that and then flipping those boards so that they're standing up, but I'm guessing you're going with the KISS method (those look like they're precut and off the shelf). Hopefully you are using some zip ties to clean up the wiring this time. :P

• Like 1

So much going on in this last set of pics. Did you always have a Mareinepure 8x8x1 block, or is that new? I just inserted one under my skimmer in place of some PVC that it was sitting on. Let me know how it's been working for you.

That new electrical cabinet is a great idea. I'd considering using the existing shelf in that and then flipping those boards so that they're standing up, but I'm guessing you're going with the KISS method (those look like they're precut and off the shelf). Hopefully you are using some zip ties to clean up the wiring this time. :P

That's a Brightwell XPORT Plate. For 71000 sq ft of surface area for my lovely aerobic and anaerobic bacteria to live in. They be stylin'.

That's a GREAT idea about flipping those peg boards up! I'm going to try that right now. They are custom cut actually - at Home Depot. Just bought a big peg board and had them cut it to the shelf size. The pegs don't align the same way for that reason on all the shelves so there was a lot of post install grinding as the door didn't get enough space to open. What can I say, I'm a ghetto DIYer. :lol:

sawchick%20001.JPG

OMG!

I just still can't believe that such an expensive tank in 2016 only has a single drilled drain.

It's 2017. Where ya been?

• Like 2

EBN is a GENIUS! A GENIUS!! :bowdown:

31981424020_732605113d_b.jpg

Going to get a new pegboard cut which is a single piece. Or maybe 2 pieces since one has to be cut to recess fit the DJ power. Need some precise measurement and cutting this time. The DJ strip has a fat box that extends out the back so in order for it to sit flush to the back of the cabinet, it has to be mounted raised from the peg board and not flush to it.

• Like 4

Awesome update!! 8D

Ugh, it looks so amazing.

Are you still going to put shelves in that cabinet, though? Seems like it's a convenient place to put (dry) stuff.

• Like 1

Awesome update!! 8D

Ugh, it looks so amazing.

Are you still going to put shelves in that cabinet, though? Seems like it's a convenient place to put (dry) stuff.

I may not be able to put regular shelves. I am using the rear shelf peg holes to put these which the peg board is screwed on to.

83612509-bf26-4400-9cbf-c9c2d4b69e8b_400

That's a lot of supplements!

12 pages in three weeks, no wonder why your tank threads hit 900 pages.

That pegboard makes me hurt. It really makes me want to cut a proper piece for you to mount those.

You could mount both of the Apex modules vertically side by side and use that to build a small shelf on the bottom and keep the switch panel mounted at the top. That would allow you to put some shelving back in.

• Like 2

:blush:

I got new dremel bits so perhaps the next cuts will be better.

Progress! I wish Marc Levenson would take pictures with my stuff.....if I'm every fancy enough to order stuff from him. :P

and deliver RODI parts in person like he did in November. :D
  • Like 1
RIP Sebastian

:blush:

I got new dremel bits so perhaps the next cuts will be better.

and deliver RODI parts in person like he did in November. :D

Oh, for heaven's sake. You're bad!

• Like 1

Looking good!

Another suggestion if you have a hole saw and a drill. Mark out some spots on the peg board and drill some holes through so that you can sneak the wires out for those EB4s. You'll need a set to sneak the power cord to the back and perhaps a larger one to route the wires from the back to the front for whatever you're plugging into the EB4 outlets (or multiple smaller ones if you prefer). You can then use one continuous piece of pegboard instead of multiples.

If you don't have a hole saw and a drill, I'm sure you can improvise and use your feminine charms to get the handyman to do so. :P

• Like 2

Looking good!

Another suggestion if you have a hole saw and a drill. Mark out some spots on the peg board and drill some holes through so that you can sneak the wires out for those EB4s. You'll need a set to sneak the power cord to the back and perhaps a larger one to route the wires from the back to the front for whatever you're plugging into the EB4 outlets (or multiple smaller ones if you prefer). You can then use one continuous piece of pegboard instead of multiples.

If you don't have a hole saw and a drill, I'm sure you can improvise and use your feminine charms to get the handyman to do so. :P

Don't have fancy tools. Also broke 3 dremel bits, this peg board is dangerous, I could have hurt myself. :(

Anyway so this is what I have thus far.

31527551424_6a66c8d376_h.jpg

I don't have room on the sides to make holes for wires but Ieft space on the top and bottom of the Apex panel for the wires. The Apex wires itself are the problem, very thick and not too flexible.

32370219465_b750547b64_h.jpg

Will zip tie cords to the pegboard I guess. One of these would be nice but the nail would stick out the back.

Circle-Cable-Clips.jpg

This might be great!!

heat-stabilized-nylon-cord-clip_sm.jpg

• Like 1