Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Kat's METROpolitan: Retired May 2018

metrokat

So many posts to read since yesterday!! Good luck Kat I can't wait just like the rest of NR to see this new tank full of water.. It sure is pretty without it though

• Like 1

Thank you, how are you?

I'm doing really well thanks. I have a reef tank again and I can't ask for more, you?

I love that story with your mom helping such a great post.

This looks like a tricky scape but that scribble is a good starting point. I do like that general flow for the rockwork since you may be able to use some foced perspective/negative space.

So many posts to read since yesterday!! Good luck Kat I can't wait just like the rest of NR to see this new tank full of water.. It sure is pretty without it though

Thank you Doc.

I'm doing really well thanks. I have a reef tank again and I can't ask for more, you?

I love that story with your mom helping such a great post.

:D She's cool. She came over this morning with my brother and now I have my carpet under the tank. yay!

This looks like a tricky scape but that scribble is a good starting point. I do like that general flow for the rockwork since you may be able to use some foced perspective/negative space.

I wish that I could have that much negative space and stay minimalist but my current colonies are a lot more than that little scribble. Just have to work on it a lot to see what can be done. Tricky might be an understatement.

• Like 4

Its almost 24 hours since its arrived.... is there water yet?

wet yet????

Ha. Hopefully today. I need help with the plumbing. Someone needs to hold the durso from inside the overflow while I unscrew it from below and re tighten, I got it on the wrong threads and it won't unscrew without being held steady up top.

The retired tank is cleaned up and I was FINALLY able to get the bulkheads off with a lot of help from my poor mum who got her hands all messed up helping me clean out 2 years of fish turds.

The party tank is awaiting pickup Sunday, I am so grateful that I was able to find a buyer. They're getting a phenomenal system, and I threw in a lot of goodies to sweeten the deal. Skimmer, salt, fuge light.

Maria and Holy Carp are coming over today afternoon, then NYFishies and his lady are coming this evening. Everybody better be wearing flannel and construction boots because they is gonna be put to work!

• Like 11

Wow Kat, I had a lot of catching up to do. That drop off is surely a beauty but I totally understand how you felt bittersweet about the party tank. I felt very attached to my bowfront too. The girl who bought it just sent me a pic in a text of what she did with it. She had a lionhead goldfish she was moving into it. She bought her fish a friend and has turned it into a beautiful planted tank. I felt happy.

Will you be leaving the right side of the drop off more open?

• Like 1

Maria and Holy Carp are coming over today afternoon, then NYFishies and his lady are coming this evening. Everybody better be wearing flannel and construction boots because they is gonna be put to work!

I am SO GLAD I read this before leaving. Oh man. I was going to wear a dress and get all prettied up for you!

• Like 6

Oh thank gawd; you're not gonna try and build a manifold. I wanna see dis running. Hopefully the fishes are still doing ok... Give Bogi a scratch behind the ear or me.

• Like 1

So this happened

32195330645_f38b1aaf75_b.jpg

The right front seam of the sump has a crack in the glue seam. I caught it before I had a flood and I'm just really thanking my stars for that.

Before it was filled

32183659825_e62497efbc_h.jpg

We filled up the sump about 1/3 of the way last night to try the drain and return. The return had a drip leak so I opted to shut it down and tackle it this morning which I did. The return needed to be tightened a bit. So the system was running as I left the apartment for 4-5 hours. :o I went back to the old apartment to wait for the buyer of the old tank and said goodbye to a fond friend.

Here it is in it's new home :wub:
32047593582_f8db84d496_h.jpg
Brought all my electricals with me today. My light, apex modules, DJ strips, everything. Going to build the new electrical cabinet tomorrow and start putting in the components. Should have the friends come by again so we can work ont he electricals together. :) I mean we plumbed, sumped and filled the tank while tipsy, I think we can manage electricals too. :lol:
My light over the holding tank :wub:
32196127725_9cbdd2c668_h.jpg

First casualty of the tank move is the WWC Red Dragon. The colony was fine last night, today has STN at the base. I took it off the branch and aggressively fragged it. Fingers crossed. :(

The fish are on vacation in a temporary 10G holding tank.

32145739046_a118024c19_h.jpg

• Like 8