Top Shelf Aquatics

Kat's METROpolitan: Retired May 2018

metrokat

Thinking of it for my sump, the dimensions are pretty good

I think for the price you cant beat it.

I did a 40 Breeder under my big tank and purchased a sump kit that is great. Has room for a refugium then a section for the skimmer with an adjustable baffle and then the return for the M1.

For the 20 there is a sponsor on here who sells them not sure if its adjustable though.

• Like 1

#DIYDRAGON

MUCH better than #AngryDragon

Sorry for the interruption, but was it you Kat or Gena who keeps dragonettes?

Has you tried Hikari's Bio Pure Frozen Cyclopods for your dragonettes?

I need something for my new, and very small young red scooter Blenny. Can't find Cyclopeez nor Ova.

This sounds like it may work. I have seeded tank with new pods, old pods are now grown too large for him. This is cheap like 6 bucks a pkg, but overnight shipping is 30! Going to get my lfs to order for me.

Look for PaulB's posts about how he feeds his mandarins and pipefish.

Thinking of it for my sump, the dimensions are pretty good

Get a 40B for a sump, they're $40

devilsadvocate

I've got a 20l sump and I wish I went bigger so I could have a fuge. maybe I just fudged the baffles but between the intake, return, bubble trap, and main there isnt much room left.

I've got a 20l sump and I wish I went bigger so I could have a fuge. maybe I just fudged the baffles but between the intake, return, bubble trap, and main there isnt much room left.

I've had a fuge, I shut it down.

Might try Gena. I was able to train my mandarins to eat frozen. Ova and Cyclopeeze have been out of circulation for a while, there is a problem with the supply of the animals that make up the product. You can try fish eggs from Rod's or Reef Nutrition. Ova was eggs. The size of the eggs is what will determine if the dragonette will like to eat it.

Just FYI, they are now selling PE Calanus shrimp, and as far as I can tell after using it for a few months, it's exactly the same as the old Cyclopeeze. I love that stuff, almost everything eats it from the fish down to SPS corals.

Nice video, too! How much live rock was that, 10 lbs? I've always used KPA's live rock but I'd like to try Gulf live rock next time.

• Like 2

The next QT system I do will have a 40B sump. The damn 29 I have under the fish system is the biggest pain in my ass to get into. Now, to fix this issue, I have to cut one of the effing drain pipes because I can't get the damn 40B in there. *curses incoherently* Go with the biggest sump you can get in there easily. You can do SOOOO much more with the space. I dump as much Siporax into a system now as I can.

• Like 2

Just FYI, they are now selling PE Calanus shrimp, and as far as I can tell after using it for a few months, it's exactly the same as the old Cyclopeeze. I love that stuff, almost everything eats it from the fish down to SPS corals.

Nice video, too! How much live rock was that, 10 lbs? I've always used KPA's live rock but I'd like to try Gulf live rock next time.

PE Calanus makes my filter sock bright red....hahah. I dont see much response from corals though...fish loves it

• Like 2

Post a picture. High nitrates will turn it green.

Zero nitrates may kill it. I think that is what did mine in. My "green" one however is now plating. :rolleyes::huh:

Got an easy way to raise nitrates without raising phosphates at the same time? Got a heavy fish load, feed heavy, took my skimmer offline and removed most of the algae from my fuge two weeks ago. Nitrates are still at zero and phosphates are climbing. I'm trying to keep the phosphates in check with Phosphat-E.

• Like 1

Oh, it's LEMONEY yeller. Probably one of the prettiest corals I got from Walt last time. I've gotta clean the tanks up tomorrow and shoot some pics this weekend. I'm beau coup pissed about what they sent me as a $60 lobo, sum biskit!!

jedimasterben

Zero nitrates may kill it. I think that is what did mine in. My "green" one however is now plating. :rolleyes::huh:

Got an easy way to raise nitrates without raising phosphates at the same time? Got a heavy fish load, feed heavy, took my skimmer offline and removed most of the algae from my fuge two weeks ago. Nitrates are still at zero and phosphates are climbing. I'm trying to keep the phosphates in check with Phosphat-E.

Potassium nitrate