Pod Your Reef

IM Nuvo Lagoon 25 Owners Thread

jjwukasch

I honestly dont know lol. Ive only been running it for a few weeks so it is still in the process of getting seeded. I would definitely look into getting some extra surface area whether it be siporax, matrix, or marine pure.

Where are you guys putting your marine pure and about how much do you think is necessary. Can I stack some in one of the chambers instead of a media basket?

I filled two of the back chambers with half gallon of spheres. But note, they are extremely dusty, and there have been quite a few discussions about them leaching aluminum into the tank. Now I'm thinking whether I want to take them out....

Check these links:

http://lareefclub.com/community/threads/dust-from-marinepure-media-harmful-to-urchins-and-emerald-crabs.45221/

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2453931&page=1

I filled two of the back chambers with half gallon of spheres. But note, they are extremely dusty, and there have been quite a few discussions about them leaching aluminum into the tank. Now I'm thinking whether I want to take them out....

Check these links:

http://lareefclub.com/community/threads/dust-from-marinepure-media-harmful-to-urchins-and-emerald-crabs.45221/

Interesting thanks for the info. I didn't even know they had it in ball form I was going to get the block and cut it into rectangles and stack them where i had room. I will have to reconsider now...

• 2 weeks later...

With two return pumps, do you need to buy extra tubing? Or how do you split up the Y connector?

And is splitting the Y connector the only way to fit a Tunze 9001 in the back?

Also, thoughts on mame skimmer vs. Tunze 9001? I'm sure Tunze 9001 is more powerful.

With two return pumps, do you need to buy extra tubing? Or how do you split up the Y connector?

Also, thoughts on mame skimmer vs. Tunze 9001? I'm sure Tunze 9001 is more powerful.

As far as the return pumps I had to purchase tubing for it to be long enough as I am using two instead of one, but even if I would've only used one Sicce the bottom part of the y tube wasn't long enough to reach the pump. The tunze nano skimmer I believe people have been putting them in the second chamber not the middle chamber but I may be wrong. I am using the IM Ghost Skimmer. My heater and ATO are going in the middle chamber with the return pumps.

the tunze 9001 skimmer fits in the middle chamber only, with a slight MOD to move the magnet to the side..

I have 2 eheim 600's with the lines going straight up (no "Y")

I would highly recommend the setup, works flawlessly, each pump is adjustable, and I can cut the flow in half with a switch.

the mod is in my lagoon build

I just ordered Loc-Line to make a spray bar across the whole back, so I can get my wavemaker out of the tank for good, and get better constant flow in more "direct" areas

i'm extremely happy with the 9001.. it's a workhorse

my tank gets dosed with phyto 3 times a day (copepods in the fuge, and a carnation coral to feed) and the skimmer pulls it in no time

any 1/2" ID hose will work

you can order it from the place you bought your pump.. Home Depot..

or cut some off your cleaning siphon hose

I bought some from InTank when I ordered everything

I've had my lagoon set up for a few months now. I love it much more than the IM 40 I used to have.

I haven't posted about it in my thread yet. But I'm sure I will soon!

Got a question regarding LED lighting for 25g lagoon and figure I'd start here... I'm running a Radion G3 at the moment at about 50% total brightness with mainly 100% UV, Royal blue and blue and 25% Cool white, green and hyper red for the main lighting period. Is this a good lighting intensity for this tank to have mainly SPS and some LPS? Should I increase/decrease or mess with the intensity of each channel more? Just wondering what other people who have had good outcomes w/sps in this type of tank are doing. Thanks

For anyone interested, I put in my tank thread HERE what I did to make my own screen top. Frame kit from Menards and some mesh fabric from Jo Anns. I had never done anything like this before and made a few mistakes, but it looks nice and serves it's function. When I remake the screen later I will:

1. Use a table saw rather than hacksaw for smoother edges

2. Spray paint the aluminum frames after cutting to protect from saltwater

3. Not pull the fabric so tight when assembling

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

If you have no GFO reactor and are just using media in a bag or filter sock, what are your phosphate levels?

Wondering if I need to get a reactor, or if I can just increase the amount of GFO I use in the media bags (currently using 6 tbsp).

My current levels are hovering around 0.06 to 0.09 ppm (Hanna ultra low range).

How long have you been running that round of gfo? I feel like 6tbsp in a media bag is plenty but I guess it also depends on what brand you're running. I got an IM reactor but feel like I would be fine without it

I just switched it out last week. I'm running the bulk reef supply GFO normal capacity, in a media bag mixed up with activated carbon.

What are your phosphate levels with the IM reactor?

tagging along as I'm also contemplating the media reactor. heard mixed things about running gfo in it as it clogs easily and is hard to keep the gfo tumbling correctly. currently running chemipure. any feedback on the reactor would be great.

Check these links:

Another option is the Brightwell Aquatics XPort "cubes" (they aren't actually square, more random organics shapes kind of like live rock rubble). They come in just the regular kind, but there is also an option that, from what I understand, has GFO mixed into the ceramics, so it also helps with phosphate removal. And if their advertising is to be believed, their media is a whole lot more porous than that of any other company on the market. Not sure how they achieved that, but there you have it.

Unfortunately, I won't have the opportunity to really test it out until January, because I can't start stocking my tank until then.

I just switched it out last week. I'm running the bulk reef supply GFO normal capacity, in a media bag mixed up with activated carbon.

What are your phosphate levels with the IM reactor?

My PO4 is bellow 0.03ppm but above zero

I'm looking at possibly getting one of these tanks, but want to verify the measured dimensions of it first. Can someone post the actual measured outside dimensions please?

• 3 weeks later...