ReefCleaners.org

IM Nuvo Lagoon 25 Owners Thread

jjwukasch

Also just got 2 AI Prime HD's with the 12" mounts will this be far enough off the waters surface for a shallow tank. I plan on running a mixed tank and I don't want to burn up the LPS.

I think these will do just fine. Just make sure you ramp up the intensity over a period of time and you shouldnt have a problem

• Like 1

Reading a bunch of horrible reviews for the cobalt neo as far them exploding in the tank. Is there a good alternate heater?

from what I read, the reviews were pretty old, with recent ones being solid reviews.. also, they sell a crapton of heaters, so simple logic would dictate more negative reviews

I've heard of plenty of other brands frying tanks, so there you go

Anyone experiencing any issues with the smart ato's on Nuvo tanks? I've had nothing but problems with mine. It keeps overfilling the sensor.

Looking to see how others have theirs installed. I've spoken to Coralvue and they can't seem to find an issue with the way I have it installed that could be causing this. They also have no answers or solutions to fix the issue. I really like the design of the unit. But as of now I'm considering returning it and getting the tunze nano ato.

Yes it's in the middle chamber. Attached to the back wall. It's set about 3" below the baffle. Running the sicce 1.5 half open.

I tried posting a pic but it's too big. I haven't had time to resize the pic

seems to me, you may have too much turbulence going on around the sensor..

so you have it in the same chamber as the pump? if so, that's the problem

move up above the baffles..

I know the water level IM suggests, but it isn't realistic at all or practical for an ATO

No light hitting the sensor. I have a cover on the back. I've tried the sensor in different spots in the return chamber. I even tried raising the sensor higher, about 1" below the baffle. Still overfilling. But not all the time.

I put sponges where the water drops over each baffle into the pump chamber to reduce the surface movement. So turbulence isn't an issue

seems to me, you may have too much turbulence going on around the sensor..

so you have it in the same chamber as the pump? if so, that's the problem

move up above the baffles..

I know the water level IM suggests, but it isn't realistic at all or practical for an ATO

Well yes it's in the pump chamber. Where the evap changes the water level. So you're saying to raise the water level so there is no overflow of water to the pump chamber?

post-32454-0-77169600-1475764887_thumb.jpeg

flatlandreefer

Anyone experiencing any issues with the smart ato's on Nuvo tanks? I've had nothing but problems with mine. It keeps overfilling the sensor.

Looking to see how others have theirs installed. I've spoken to Coralvue and they can't seem to find an issue with the way I have it installed that could be causing this. They also have no answers or solutions to fix the issue. I really like the design of the unit. But as of now I'm considering returning it and getting the tunze nano ato.

I have the tunze ATO installed in the middle chamber about one inch below the baffle per IM manual, works flawlessly although it is a tight fit with the pump return lines. Maybe your sensor is faulty, or maybe there is an issue with having media in your return chamber, just a thought?

This "smart" ato is about to get returned and buy the tunze Nano. The media is well below the sensor. Should not effect anything. I've sent videos and pictures to Coralvue and they can't explain why it's doing this. They first sent me a new sensor with the same results. Then sent me a whole new unit. Still same results.

I have a client with the same ato that worked great for 6-7 months on a bio cube. He upgraded that to a 40g Nuvo and now is having the same issue as me.

This "smart" ato is about to get returned and buy the tunze Nano. The media is well below the sensor. Should not effect anything. I've sent videos and pictures to Coralvue and they can't explain why it's doing this. They first sent me a new sensor with the same results. Then sent me a whole new unit. Still same results.

I have a client with the same ato that worked great for 6-7 months on a bio cube. He upgraded that to a 40g Nuvo and now is having the same issue as me.

I have had the smart ato set up in the middle chamber of my lagoon for 5 months now with no issues at all. it sits about 1 inch below the baffles. Have you tried removing the media and seeing if the problem is the same ? the fact that 2 units have the same issue seems very odd. I have a second smart ato i recently purchased and I have not had any issues with that as well.

NewbReefer316

Anyone running the intank baskets run into the issue of the return out flowing the drains?

I've noticed that my return chamber is quickly dropping and it looks like the intank baskets just can't keep up. I'm running 2 eheim 600's, I think, at full strength.

I had mine over flow using the smart ato micro. I hadnt changed my filter floss in about a week though. Caused all sorts of issues (i run kalk + vinegar in my top off tank, huge bacterial bloom!) I switched to polyfill and it works fine. Check your media bags. If they are too big they can definitely impede flow.

NewbReefer316

I've just got 50ml of either phosphate minus or carbon in a 3x4 mesh bag in each rack. I switched to the floss baskets and it does just fine. I wanted to continue to use the racks once I switched over to the reactor though so I had a place to hold some biopure media. The rock in my tank isn't that porous so I'd like to make up for that.

Anyone running any type of bio media, like bio pure, in their tanks? If so, what are you using and where are you putting it?

Im running marine pure at the moment. Aquaforest is coming out with a product called Life Bio Fil that I might try out

Im running marine pure at the moment. Aquaforest is coming out with a product called Life Bio Fil that I might try out

Hey Bowen how are you liking that media pure? With me doing a minimalist scape Im going to need extra surface area for bacteria how is that stuff working out.

• Like 1

I honestly dont know lol. Ive only been running it for a few weeks so it is still in the process of getting seeded. I would definitely look into getting some extra surface area whether it be siporax, matrix, or marine pure.

• Like 1
NewbReefer316

What filter floss do you all use?

I use pinky filter floss and polyfill. Intank has some good stuff, feels like it's better the than pinky floss but cost more as well.

I'm starting to like cheaper floss with more frequent changes.

i use polyfill from wallmart.. it's just quilt stuffing, but just make sure you buy the one without fire retardant.

it runs about 3.00 a bag and lasts a long time in floss baskets.

i change twice weekly

• Like 1

I have finally figured out the issue. It's my Sicce 1.5. Some reason it is pumping an inconsistent flow. It will increase flow at random and cause my ato to kick on. Then a few mins later slow down in flow causing the water to rise over the float. It took 3 weeks and going thru every possible issue with flow and nailed it. Still waiting on sicce to send a replacement pump.

So the first smart ato did have a defect of shutting down with the red light. Second one worked as it should. I still switched to the tunze nano

• Like 1

I have finally figured out the issue. It's my Sicce 1.5. Some reason it is pumping an inconsistent flow. It will increase flow at random and cause my ato to kick on. Then a few mins later slow down in flow causing the water to rise over the float. It took 3 weeks and going thru every possible issue with flow and nailed it. Still waiting on sicce to send a replacement pump.

So the first smart ato did have a defect of shutting down with the red light. Second one worked as it should. I still switched to the tunze nano

Glad you figured it out man.

Question I ordered 2 Sicce 1.0's will this be too much? Plan to have Spin streams on each nozzle.