Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

IM Nuvo Lagoon 25 Owners Thread

jjwukasch

Do any of y'all have the IM screen top? I was going to go with the BRS 1/4" but considering you have to buy the clips its $50, the IM is $59. Is one more aesthetically pleasing?

charlesncharge

hello everyone!

I have been enjoying this thread!! And of course I have a few questions!?

I just purchased a IM25 and I am currently cycling the tank! But I do have a standard 20gal that I am moving most of my "stuff" from there into the lagoon! But, I am changing to new live sand and skimmer! Do I still need to wait for the cycle before adding my livestock?? 2 nems and 2 maroons and some cuc

hello everyone!

I have been enjoying this thread!! And of course I have a few questions!?

I just purchased a IM25 and I am currently cycling the tank! But I do have a standard 20gal that I am moving most of my "stuff" from there into the lagoon! But, I am changing to new live sand and skimmer! Do I still need to wait for the cycle before adding my livestock?? 2 nems and 2 maroons and some cuc

Are you bringing over any of the old rock? If so, how old is it? Are you bringing over any old filtration media? Going with new sand will reduce the available nitrifying bacteria, however sand is not the main filtration vehicle, depending on what youre bringing over from the established tank you may have anywhere from a full on cycle to really none at all.

I'm in a similar boat, here is my plan:

Before the move -

Setup new tank, mix NaCL H20, bring up to temp, let sit run for a day or two

Day of the move -

(before the lights come on) pull all rock/coral and place in new tank

add new (rinsed) sand

transfer live stock

dump old sand into cheesecloth or something similar and rinse a few times

transfer old sand to new tank

keep lights out until fish aren't freaking out

• Like 1
charlesncharge

Are you bringing over any of the old rock? If so, how old is it? Are you bringing over any old filtration media? Going with new sand will reduce the available nitrifying bacteria, however sand is not the main filtration vehicle, depending on what youre bringing over from the established tank you may have anywhere from a full on cycle to really none at all.

Before the move -

Setup new tank, mix NaCL H20, bring up to temp, let sit for a day or two

Day of the move -

add new (rinsed) sand

transfer live stock

thanks for reply!

I realize I was kinda vague! I have the tank up and running. I took a piece of filter floss and a rock that was in the sump of other tank to start. The nems are attached to my live rock and I didn't really want to bring both of the old rocks over but I am a little nervous about trying to get them off!? The rock is about 2 yrs old in the old tank. Also, when I got the new tank wet, I used half new mixed water and half of the water from the old tank!? I tend to make a lot of mistakes and this is my 4th salt tank! trying to do it right this time around!~

Before the move -

Setup new tank, mix NaCL H20, bring up to temp, let sit for a day or two

Day of the move -

add new (rinsed) sand

transfer live stock

Also, had some chemi pure blue from other tank and was putting it in back of the IM and it had a hole in the bag that I did not realize and a little went into the DT part! how much of a problem is this??? I did syphon most out but I still see a little in there!?

Legendary Corals

Do any of y'all have the IM screen top? I was going to go with the BRS 1/4" but considering you have to buy the clips its $50, the IM is $59. Is one more aesthetically pleasing?

I use it and personally enjoy it. I like how it sits perfectly inside the tank and having it prebuilt is a large plus for me.

here is a picture of the stand I just finished up the other day.

waiting for my LFS to get an IM 25 back in stock so I can use my credit for one

its a kitchen cabinet from home depot. skinned with 5mm oak on the sides and a 1/2 in plywood top with black granite tile on top.

its all braced inside with some 1x3's for support

20170128_152112.jpg

• Like 1
charlesncharge

I am running the kessil a160we + controller on mine! What settings are most running??

hours, intensity, color, hours?? moonlight?

I bought them thinking I was upgrading but nems haven't been looking that great!? I was running the galxyhydro Chinese black box.

a few basic soft corals and 2 rbta's with paired clowns and eventually want to add a clam

• 2 weeks later...

Hey! Would someone who owns this tank mind doing me a favor and measuring the width (front to back) of the back chamber as accurately as possible please? I know there is a measurements figure on the first page of this thread but I just wanted to double check

I really want to get this tank but I JUST bought a skimmer and need to make sure it will fit. Thank you!

6 hours ago, jlee said:

Hey! Would someone who owns this tank mind doing me a favor and measuring the width (front to back) of the back chamber as accurately as possible please? I know there is a measurements figure on the first page of this thread but I just wanted to double check

I really want to get this tank but I JUST bought a skimmer and need to make sure it will fit. Thank you!

Heres the best I could do. Anything wider than about 2 and 3/4th inches wont fit, however I think you could probably go 2 and 13/16th if you need the extra mm.

xdhUJCp.jpg

• Like 1
flatlandreefer

What's everybody running for flow inside the tank.  I have an mp10 on full blast/reef crest but I am thinking about adding another small power head for eliminate some dead spots and provide more flow for sps.  I am thinking about a Tunze 6015.

21 minutes ago, flatlandreefer said:

What's everybody running for flow inside the tank.  I have an mp10 on full blast/reef crest but I am thinking about adding another small power head for eliminate some dead spots and provide more flow for sps.  I am thinking about a Tunze 6015.

An mp10 full blast should be plenty for sps. I  ran two mp40s in 4 ft long tank at 75%.. I think a single mp 10 at 100% is more than enough for the lagoon.  I havent set my mp10 up yet for the lagoon (just came in today) but my tank will be just that and the sicce syncra 1.5 for return.  and I am planning on an SPS heavy tank.

flatlandreefer
15 minutes ago, lkoechle said:

An mp10 full blast should be plenty for sps. I  ran two mp40s in 4 ft long tank at 75%.. I think a single mp 10 at 100% is more than enough for the lagoon.  I havent set my mp10 up yet for the lagoon (just came in today) but my tank will be just that and the sicce syncra 1.5 for return.  and I am planning on an SPS heavy tank.

It is a decent amount of flow but I find it gets kind of broken up 3/4 the way across the tank.  I also have a couple dead spots that I think can only be solved by a flow in a different direction from the opposite side of the tank. 

10 hours ago, flatlandreefer said:

I have 1 x MP10ES running 60% reef crest and 1 x Jebao WP10 on Else mode. I have sand bed so I can't get too crazy with flow.

• Like 1
flatlandreefer
10 hours ago, Shoob1e said:

How far from the top do you guys keep the flat valve for an auto top off in this? Just got my tunze Nano and trying to hook it up

I try to keep the water level about an inch or so below the baffle in the center return pump chamber. 

1 hour ago, flatlandreefer said:

I try to keep the water level about an inch or so below the baffle in the center return pump chamber. 

What baffle? Where it drops down?

flatlandreefer
1 hour ago, Shoob1e said:

What baffle? Where it drops down?

The sides (dividers) of the middle chamber that the return pump sits in.  The water flows in from both sides to be pumped out by the return pump so this is the only chamber where the water level should vary so you want to keep the water level constant about an inch below the weir(baffle) that the water flows over into this chamber. 

18 minutes ago, flatlandreefer said:

The sides (dividers) of the middle chamber that the return pump sits in.  The water flows in from both sides to be pumped out by the return pump so this is the only chamber where the water level should vary so you want to keep the water level constant about an inch below the weir(baffle) that the water flows over into this chamber. 

copy, thanks flat

On 2/2/2017 at 3:00 PM, corey01 said:

here is a picture of the stand I just finished up the other day.

waiting for my LFS to get an IM 25 back in stock so I can use my credit for one

its a kitchen cabinet from home depot. skinned with 5mm oak on the sides and a 1/2 in plywood top with black granite tile on top.

its all braced inside with some 1x3's for support

20170128_152112.jpg

Do you have any pictures of the inside and how it's braced? How much that Granite run you?

6 hours ago, corey01 said:

Ill try and take some photos tomorrow and post them up.

the granite was about $25 for 5 sq ft I used 4...

Thanks. I thought about doing something similar but wasn't sure how I could get a seamless top. I like the granite idea and $25 seems like a very good deal.

Can you guys show me the back of your tanks?  I'm having trouble figuring out how to fit everything.  

I need to fit:

• IM Ghost Skimmer (single chamber 2)
  • 2 inTank media baskets (each in chamber 1)
  • neotherm 100 watt heater 
  • hydor smart level ato (might have to purchase a new ato, I think the middle sensor is broken)
  • neptune probe rack (and probes)
  • an ato return line
  • and 2 part solution return lines

Currently, my main issue is figuring out what to with the heater and the probe rack.  I can leave it chamber 2 (2 as in how IM labels them) but my temperature probe should not be next to the heater.  I could move the heater to chamber 3 (middle/return pump chamber) but the water level is too low for that.  I guess I could put it on its side... I don't know.  I need ideas.  And I can't (or at least probably can't) move the probe rack to the center chamber because I have a goose neck light fixture there (the light is arriving tomorrow from NanoBox so I don't know for sure on this, but I am assuming it won't work)

Thoughts?  Suggestions?  Photos of your set ups?  Thanks!