Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

IM Nuvo Lagoon 25 Owners Thread

jjwukasch

I think it should be fine depending on what you want to keep. I have stock pump and r4 and plenty of flow. Im thinking of two strong pumps with spin streams and getting rid of r4 but i plan on only keeping soft corals

I ordered 2 pumps, for 4 reasons...

slight flow increase

to create room for a 9001 skimmer without splitting the lines

to be able to easily switch off 1 pump for feeding

to put a single pump on a backup battery

What do you guys think about replacing the stock pump with two stronger pumps then using the Hydor Smartwave controller on them instead of a powerhead in the DT. Can these kind of pumps withstand the constant on/off switching?

attachicon.gifHydor-Koralia-Smart-Wave-Pump-Controller-99.jpg

I don't think they are made for constant switching... that's a brilliant idea and needs some investigation though. I would think it would work with the spinstream as well

there we go:

went with 2 pumps to fit the skimmer in between.. pumps are adjustable, have them pulled back a bit

cut the tubing at 6.25" run straight up- easy

WP_20160326_001.jpg

What do you guys think about replacing the stock pump with two stronger pumps then using the Hydor Smartwave controller on them instead of a powerhead in the DT. Can these kind of pumps withstand the constant on/off switching?

Hydor-Koralia-Smart-Wave-Pump-Controller-99.jpg

They are made for constant on off ...u will hear clicks if u don't use the hydor pumps every time the pumps starts

They are made for constant on off ...u will hear clicks if u don't use the hydor pumps every time the pumps starts

I mean to use it on two return pumps instead of two powerheads.

no idea...buy why would you use this for for return pump? the water level in the back chambers would continuously vary and would affect the skimmer performance(depending on skimmer and if u use one)

good point on that. I went with 2 separate pumps.. got it dialed in today and am very happy with the setup.

at first I thought the stock return pump was adequate, it really isn't worth a crap

• 4 months later...
mgsullivan24

I went with one adjustable sicce pump and I've actually had to turn it down. It's very small and quiet if anyone is in need of more flow but less space and cords. It's been running for like 10 months now without a hiccup.

• Like 1
NewbReefer316

What are some good options for lids that don't cost an arm and a leg.

The Artfully Acrylic looks great but $125-160 is a tough pill to swallow right now.

I have a Nuvo 30L thinking of adding a 25G Lagoon. What lighting is everyone running?

Thanks for your help

4 bulb ati sunpower w/ a single reefbrite xho strip.

nolanrob123

I'm using the kessil a160ew. I love it. Great spread, no dark spots and the beautiful shimmer. I had previously used the a150w over a 28 jbj rimless and everything grew very well, even clams and sps. A tank much less shallow shall be even better. Good luck with whichever you choose. I see many people using different ones and they all seem good in their own way.

I'm using the kessil a160ew. I love it. Great spread, no dark spots and the beautiful shimmer. I had previously used the a150w over a 28 jbj rimless and everything grew very well, even clams and sps. A tank much less shallow shall be even better. Good luck with whichever you choose. I see many people using different ones and they all seem good in their own way.

How high above the lagoon do you have the 160?

nolanrob123

How high above the lagoon do you have the 160?

I have it 8" above the water. The spread is vey nice. Also I didn't need the adapter as the arm curves just right.

ReeferAddict727

I'm running the AI prime on an 18" flex mount. I considered getting a 2nd at first but one seems to be doing a perfect job so far. Tanks been set up for 3 months, LPS dominant.

Hello everyone, I'm new to the site and just got a IM 25 lagoon. I'm waiting to move and set it up, reading everyone's post has me so thirsty to get it going. Good luck to everyone on their build hope to get some good pointers from you all. So far I have the tank, mp10 and IM ghosts skimmer. Still looking for a good light and dunno what stand to go with yet. Torn on using any reactors as to wanting to keep it simple and throwing chemipure and calling it a day. Either way hello and good luck to all hope to learn from you all and can't wait to put up a tank thread.

I really like the reactor.. I think there is a big difference between forcing water over media vs letting it run over it.

I mix gfo and carbon together in mine, clamp it tight so it doesn't tumble, turn up the pump a bit so get quite a bit going thru.

it's actually about as easy as changing a bag (the IM desktop anyway)

congrats on the tank... please post the build for us to follow

DIY led for the light.. or nano-box IMO