Cultivated Reef

pgrVII

Nice! It's looking better than ever all cleaned up!

Thanks buddy yea I agree :lol: I think it took longer cause I wasn't turning my skimmer off for 2 weeks with the microbact7 dosing lol. Oopps.

This is the only hobby I know where people post pictures of dirty skmmate. And we like it :lol:

Right?! I love this skimmer. It pulls nasty junk out of a tank that has a minimal 25% water change weekly,but most times a 10 gallon change. :)

Also...100!!

20160422_191621_zps9yacjby8.jpg

• Like 3

20160423_111914_zpsmvb2on28.jpg

New growth on the sunrise explosion

20160423_111824_zpshiec3v9k.jpg

My sps are really Starting to lock in and grow noticeably now. The zs and p's are too,but really, with them it's just add water :lol:

• Like 3

Looking good my brother! What's the plan for the back right rock? A big orange hammer would look great there.

I agree,but,I tend to feed my nem alot so I may just leave it alone to allow it all the space it needs. Maybe some more zs and p's since nems and them seem to handle cohabitation well.
  • Like 1

This is the only hobby I know where people post pictures of dirty skmmate. And we like it :lol:

dare you to drink it....

BTW love the scape! I love 2 island looks with nice big empty sand beds!

• Like 1

dare you to drink it....

BTW love the scape! I love 2 island looks with nice big empty sand beds!

:lol: I dunno why but I am always super impressed by the dark ass skim it pulls,like a normal sized skimmer.

Thanks man,yea i feel I made good use of the space in this tank.

• Like 1

:lol: I dunno why but I am always super impressed by the dark ass skim it pulls,like a normal sized skimmer.

Thanks man,yea i feel I made good use of the space in this tank.

I miss dark skim. I don't run a skimmer :owned: who is gonna fight me now?

• Like 1

I miss dark skim. I don't run a skimmer :owned: who is gonna fight me now?

Honestly,no one should. I probably don't have to run one with my water change schedule and feedings. But,it's a little added extra comfort between changes is all,plus adds some oxygenation.
  • Like 1

oh fo sho! I am pretty good on water changes and feeding, and my Bioload is perfect. I do not worry much about oxygenation due to how much water agitation I have on the surface and the water brought in on the ac110 surface skimmer is perfect for that too.

• Like 1

oh fo sho! I am pretty good on water changes and feeding, and my Bioload is perfect. I do not worry much about oxygenation due to how much water agitation I have on the surface and the water brought in on the ac110 surface skimmer is perfect for that too.

I don't sweat oxygenation much Sans a skimmer either I have an open top and a beast return pump for the tank and an rw4. But,every little but extra is good. Plus,reef octopus. Cause I'm a gadget type dude.

In FTS 101 the fish are photo-bombing! Everything is looking wonderful Patrick! Just keeps getting better.

Yea they tend to do that,a lot lol. Thanks dawn!
  • Like 1
Elizabeth94

Tank really is looking great. I agree with Slowtwitch, a nice gold torch om the right side would be very nice. However, I am quite biased. I love my gold torch. It was my dream to have one in my last tank, but I let bryopsis beat me my second year in. Couldnt push myself to spend over a hundred bucks on a coral if I was just going to tear the tank down anyway.

Cool top down shots

• Like 2