Coral Vue Hydros

Ninja's Red Sea Reefer 350 - still here!

ninjamyst

Maybe the nutrients are too high then? Particularly if you are having Cyano issues. I have cyano on the sand also, dosing vinegar really helps fight it off, I'm hoping to completely eradicate it over time as the nutrients drop off with weekly water changes. Switching to NSW and RODI has been a saving grace for me on the cyano situation.

I dunno...I can never tell if nutrient is too high or too low. I been feeding less and added marinepure spheres. I would think nutrient is lower than a month ago.

• Like 3

Did some water test today:

Alk - 8 (salifert)

Ca - 480 (salifert)

Nitrate - 0 (salifert)

Phosphate - 0 (ELOS)

hmmm....time to get more fish for more nutrient? I am already dosing amino acids and vitamins.

• Like 1
Mikeymikemike

low nutrients will cause faded acros instead of brown and you will get some stn at the base :) use your corals as the test kit. the first to go are LPS in oligotrophic environments.

Out of curiosity, do you dose amino acids?

I am suppose to do water change today but may not get to it since I will probably spent rest of the night playing with new foster puppy. It's going to be sooo hard not to keep this little guy!

29927884695_5f22ce2569_z.jpg

I predict "foster fail" in your future

• Like 1

Out of curiosity, do you dose amino acids?

I am dosing Acropower currently. Every time I dose, I get diatom / cyano the next day. And I only dose a small amount relative to that instruction.

Just caught up and I'm sad you guys aren't getting kittens. :(

They were cute but I don't miss vacuuming cat hair every other day =P

I predict "foster fail" in your future

Haha. He's getting adopted Monday =). We decided 3 dogs is enough for us and if we add a 4th, we won't be able to do fostering or petsitting in the future.

• Like 3

Not much happening here...so here's a lazy and dirty FTS with all the pumps running.

29619216393_af15e9119c_c.jpg

I want your tank. I'll even pay overnight shipping?

Seriously, it looks great! But where's Patrick the starfish?

• Like 1
Mikeymikemike

looking good

I recently had a browning issue due to overdose of aminos and overdose of nitrates and it took me about 3 weeks to get things back in order. I stopped feeding and increased my light. I also lowered my KH to 7 to slow down growth. All these factors helped me to restore colours.

I hope things work out in that direction for you. if you think your corals are starving, they will show other signs such as fading and STN. Your LPS will usually be the first to go and zoas will melt away.

• Like 1

I want your tank. I'll even pay overnight shipping?

Seriously, it looks great! But where's Patrick the starfish?

If you look closely at the overflow, there's a tiny little red speck on the right hand side of the overflow. That's Patrick's little arm =P.

looking good

I recently had a browning issue due to overdose of aminos and overdose of nitrates and it took me about 3 weeks to get things back in order. I stopped feeding and increased my light. I also lowered my KH to 7 to slow down growth. All these factors helped me to restore colours.

I hope things work out in that direction for you. if you think your corals are starving, they will show other signs such as fading and STN. Your LPS will usually be the first to go and zoas will melt away.

My zoas are doing awesome right now. I attribute that to vitamin dosing. My nitrate is 0 but I dont have a confident number for phosphate. So I suspect my phosphate may be high while my nitrate is 0, causing an imbalance. Interestly, I have two acro frags that only been encrusting with no vertical growth. Suddenly in the past 2 weeks, multiple branch shot up. Guess things must be heading into the right direction =).

• Like 2

Puppy is leaving tomorrow to his new forever home. Happy and sad at the same time. He developed this annoying habit of hiding our shoes. He doesnt really chew them, but he drags them off to different corner of the house. The shoe is as big as him! But he's too cute to be mad at.

29640158893_494be144e4_z.jpg

• Like 9

I'd have too hard of a time, after a few I would hate it anymore them leaving all the time.

It's sad to see the cute little guy leave :(.

yea, especially since we get them when they been abused in mills then we spent the time to bathe them, potty train them, socialize them, and when they are all good, they leave...hahah. But my wife is all about that so I play along =).

Love the FTS! It's growing in so perfectly!!!! That one gorgonian, yellow? is stunning!!!

Yup, I love that yellow gorgonian. It's not as yellow as when I got it. It's not photosynthetic and it's under too muc light right now.

Love the FTS! It's growing in so perfectly!!!! That one gorgonian, yellow? is stunning!!!

Yup, I love that yellow gorgonian. It's not as yellow as when I got it. It's not photosynthetic and it's under too muc light right now.

Trying to grow acros on your back wall ??

haha, i can't even get acros to grow anywhere =P. maybe I need to find a red planet

Cute dog

Thanks!

• Like 3

GSP and Blue Cespitularia are growing too fast! Thinking about fragging them. Anyone local interested?

GSP is the electric green kind, super bright. Growing on the sand in nice mat sheets so easy to glue to whatever you want.

Blue Cespitularia is from Cultivated Reef: http://cultivatedreef.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=19_4&product_id=982. To be 100% honest, the photo on their website is slightly exaggerated in terms of the brightest of this. It does not florescence under blues like other corals. But it's still very nice with long purple stalk and whitish polyps.

• Like 5