inTank Media Baskets

Ninja's Red Sea Reefer 350 - still here!

ninjamyst

Looks great! Send this to Kessil, maybe you can get some free swag. ;)

dont think it will balance out the hate mails I sent them...for the past few weeks, the light would randomly run its own program. It is suppose to ramp down starting at 8:30pm and turn off at 9:30pm, but I often find it running at 50% or higher at 10:00pm. Took a few back and forth email to reset the light, uninstall the app, update the firmware, and reinstall the app. After all that, the light still seems to be turning on early by a few mins every day...

• Like 2

Sorry to hear about the kessil issues. The lazy FTS looks great, the yellow tang looks like it needs a good scare, and the hippo ... I would replace with a Foxface to make life easier, but that's just me.

I wonder what the cheapest way to get supplemental lighting up in front would be? I was lucky enough to have some BML fixtures before they stopped selling them and while the color is pretty bad it does help to bring some coral color to the front. I'm going to do a sell on the nanobox arrays ... my reds are still a good red thanks to the better LED combination so if you can somehow get a few arrays over the tank things might improve dramatically. I'm not sure what LED it is, perhaps the cyans, but it's night and day difference from the Razors I used to run over my 40.

Enough of my opinions though, I do think the tank looks great as is, hopefully you can get the light programming fixed.

• Like 3

Soooo....flight to Vegas is TOMORROW, not today. So I went to the Aquatic Experience show this morning. I gave myself a $100 budget and 20 mins later, I am almost up to $150 =(. Got two cleaner shrimps ($15 x 2), flame angel ($40), sun coral ($30), acan ($20), and two SPS frags ($10). A vendor has a small rainbow BTA that looked amazing for just $35. I regret not getting it but really have no place for another BTA. There were also lots of other corals I had to stop myself from buying.

Sorry to hear about the kessil issues. The lazy FTS looks great, the yellow tang looks like it needs a good scare, and the hippo ... I would replace with a Foxface to make life easier, but that's just me.

I wonder what the cheapest way to get supplemental lighting up in front would be? I was lucky enough to have some BML fixtures before they stopped selling them and while the color is pretty bad it does help to bring some coral color to the front. I'm going to do a sell on the nanobox arrays ... my reds are still a good red thanks to the better LED combination so if you can somehow get a few arrays over the tank things might improve dramatically. I'm not sure what LED it is, perhaps the cyans, but it's night and day difference from the Razors I used to run over my 40.

Enough of my opinions though, I do think the tank looks great as is, hopefully you can get the light programming fixed.

Thanks Mark! Why would Foxface be better than Hippo? Aggression?

• Like 3

Wow, you're much stronger than me. I had a $100 budget at the last show I went to and ended up spending at least $300. Maybe more. But who wants to add up all those silly receipts?

• Like 2

Soooo....flight to Vegas is TOMORROW, not today. So I went to the Aquatic Experience show this morning. I gave myself a $100 budget and 20 mins later, I am almost up to $150 =(. Got two cleaner shrimps ($15 x 2), flame angel ($40), sun coral ($30), acan ($20), and two SPS frags ($10). A vendor has a small rainbow BTA that looked amazing for just $35. I regret not getting it but really have no place for another BTA. There were also lots of other corals I had to stop myself from buying.

Mi can't wait to see the new stuff! Photos, please. Slacker. :D

Wow, you're much stronger than me. I had a $100 budget at the last show I went to and ended up spending at least $300. Maybe more. But who wants to add up all those silly receipts?

:lol:

• Like 2

Mi can't wait to see the new stuff! Photos, please. Slacker. :D

I dont even know where I am gonna put these stuff...hahahah. I put the flame angel into the reefer. Every time I try to quarantine fish in the Fluval or in my Spec, they end up dying or jumping out. So rolling the dice here with adding a new fish to the main tank. I do have it in a fish trap so it doesn't eat all my corals while I am out for 4 days. I told the sitter to leave the tank alone and do NOTHING. The fish should survive 3 1/2 days without feeding. I will feed them extra today.

• Like 2

I dont even know where I am gonna put these stuff...hahahah. I put the flame angel into the reefer. Every time I try to quarantine fish in the Fluval or in my Spec, they end up dying or jumping out. So rolling the dice here with adding a new fish to the main tank. I do have it in a fish trap so it doesn't eat all my corals while I am out for 4 days. I told the sitter to leave the tank alone and do NOTHING. The fish should survive 3 1/2 days without feeding. I will feed them extra today.

Will it be ok in a fish trap that long? The only thing I worry about there is that it will get super stressed and break out in ich or something.

Will it be ok in a fish trap that long? The only thing I worry about there is that it will get super stressed and break out in ich or something.

the fish trap is pretty big. it's a large one for tangs, almost 3 gallons capacity =). And if it has ich, I am already screwed =( ....

• Like 2

the fish trap is pretty big. it's a large one for tangs, almost 3 gallons capacity =). And if it has ich, I am already screwed =( ....[/size]

That's awesome you have a trap that big!! I was thinking of one of the little ones lol.

• Like 1

Hippo gets too big too fast and will somehow find a way to get diseased and create a huge mess. IMO anyway. Seems like everyone that tries a hippo in anything smaller than 72" by 24" ends up with issues. The yellow and even the bigger Foxface don't seem to have the same problems, plus the Foxface will eat everything bad. :)

• Like 2

That must have been the same vendor I bought rainbow BTA from when I was there yesterday. It moved and is hiding under a rock so we'll see if it comes back out in a few days. I went way over my budget too. Bought 3 SPS, some snails and the bta. I could have bought way more easily.

• Like 1

The entire time I owned my anemone it didn't have bubbles. I wonder what the secret is?

I know if it's flowy mine gets to be stringy but I've only seen it bubble like the first 2 wks I've had it. I know it's been pondered.

Mine gets plenty of flow and during the day its nit as bubbly. I do think flow is a big factor.

• Like 1