ReefCleaners.org

Ninja's Red Sea Reefer 350 - still here!

ninjamyst

My biggest worry about the 6300 is you can't tap the screen to set the AF point like I can on my Nikon D5500. Yes, I am spoiled :)

400 and something focus points, you dont need your finger. ;)

• Like 3

Love when people go mirrorless because it is "smaller". What you gain on the body, you lose on the lens

"The total weight difference between the Sony A7II, the Nikon D750, batteries, and 9 equivalent lenses is a whopping (Camera: 112 grams/4 ounces + Lenses: 195 grams/6.9 ounce) 307 grams or 10.8 ounces. That is less than the weight of 2 bananas. Yawn…"

and

http://petapixel.com/2016/04/04/sonys-full-frame-pro-mirrorless-fatal-mistake/

Sony's are the best bodies on the market but they are way behind on lenses and the lenses are much more expensive. And battery life is trash, so you have to buy a ton more spares which adds weight to your bag.

I debated for a long time to ditch my 6d and 80d, but the mirrorless technology needs another year or two.

• Like 1

Love when people go mirrorless because it is "smaller". What you gain on the body, you lose on the lens

"The total weight difference between the Sony A7II, the Nikon D750, batteries, and 9 equivalent lenses is a whopping (Camera: 112 grams/4 ounces + Lenses: 195 grams/6.9 ounce) 307 grams or 10.8 ounces. That is less than the weight of 2 bananas. Yawn…"

and

http://petapixel.com/2016/04/04/sonys-full-frame-pro-mirrorless-fatal-mistake/

Sony's are the best bodies on the market but they are way behind on lenses and the lenses are much more expensive. And battery life is trash, so you have to buy a ton more spares which adds weight to your bag.

I debated for a long time to ditch my 6d and 80d, but the mirrorless technology needs another year or two.

Nikon D7000 (what I currently own) vs Sony A6000 =). I do agree about the lens. Sony cropped lens are expensive and not a lot of choices. Also want to add I will never go full frame. Lens are crazy expensive.

pasted_image_at_2016_11_18_01_55_pm.png

• Like 1

Been so busy that I forgot the tank passed 1 years old a few weeks ago! Some updates:

• Still battling diatom / cyano but got some Dr. Tim Waste Away this week.
  • Seeing a lot of bubble algae popping up.... :(
  • Flame angel didn't make it. Developed some kind of bacterial infection and chunks of its head started to rot away. Removed it before it spread to other fish
  • Got two cleaner shrimps that are a blessing and a curse. Keeps snatching food away from sun coral, making it hard to spot feed.
  • RFAs moving everywhere and pissing me off!!

All in all, I love this tank and besides adding a fish or two, I have no further plans for corals. I am glad the clam is still alive and growing and Roger's BTA is super happy as you can see in the picture below =).

30957657950_1e3020503e_c.jpg

No polyps for weeks then bam full polyps out today

30957655190_419469f06a_z.jpg

• Like 16

I noticed your sun coral is off to the side of your sandbed, cut a plastic bottle in half and cover it while you spot feed it, just dig it into the sand. Your shrimp wont be able to bother it anymore :)

• Like 2
blizzardscout2

Wow, that gorgonian is awesome. I'm sure the RFAs will settle down. Mine always do.

On a second note, I went Fuji mirrorless from Nikon. I love my XT1.

...And Happy Birthday!

• Like 1

I noticed your sun coral is off to the side of your sandbed, cut a plastic bottle in half and cover it while you spot feed it, just dig it into the sand. Your shrimp wont be able to bother it anymore :)

It fell off the rocks while I was battling cleaner shrimps off it...=(

Wow, that gorgonian is awesome. I'm sure the RFAs will settle down. Mine always do.

On a second note, I went Fuji mirrorless from Nikon. I love my XT1.

...And Happy Birthday!

Thanks! Fuji was on my list too but Sony seems more popular and my friend has a 6300 so we can share lens.

Happy first birthday to the tank. It looks awesome. I'm sorry about the fish getting a disease :(

Thank you!! Hope your move is going well!

Happy tank 1st bday! Looking fantastic ninja <3

Thanks!

How's the Dr. Tim's working for you? I talked with him for a long time at Reef-a-Palooza, and came home with his Refresh and Waste Away products. I've been using them for about 10 days, and I'm not much change. My cyano was pretty substantial, so I'm going to do a second course once the first is finished.

Tank looks awesome bro... Keep up the good work!

• Like 1

Happy tankiversary! Sorry about the flame angel, though.

My D5500 is already pretty light at 420 grams. So I'd only save 16 grams with a 6300. But I'm still really intrigued by the whole mirrorless thing.

• Like 2

no babies for me =(. mine spawned a month ago and I haven't seen any babies yet....

I've seen it anywhere 5.5 to 8 wks after. Unless you have no females.

• Like 1

Happy 1st B'day and looking good!

thanks!

How's the Dr. Tim's working for you? I talked with him for a long time at Reef-a-Palooza, and came home with his Refresh and Waste Away products. I've been using them for about 10 days, and I'm not much change. My cyano was pretty substantial, so I'm going to do a second course once the first is finished.

Tank looks awesome bro... Keep up the good work!

Did my first dose 2 days ago and haven't seen much change. Still cyano and diatom on the sandbed. Tempted to dose again even though I am suppose to wait a week?

Happy Tank Birthday :happydance:. It looks GREAT! The BTA looks perfect in there!

Thanks! I jinxed myself...the BTA is barely open today and look very shriveled up. Hope it is just a phase....

Happy tankiversary! Sorry about the flame angel, though.

My D5500 is already pretty light at 420 grams. So I'd only save 16 grams with a 6300. But I'm still really intrigued by the whole mirrorless thing.

My D7000 with 24-120mm is crazy heavy. I am very excited for the A6000. Of course I bought it brand new on Adorama and the next day someone is selling one on craigslist for like half the price =(.

I've seen it anywhere 5.5 to 8 wks after. Unless you have no females.

i sure hope i have some females with like 20 of them in the tank!

• Like 4

Did my first dose 2 days ago and haven't seen much change. Still cyano and diatom on the sandbed. Tempted to dose again even though I am suppose to wait a week?

He gave me a schedule that's spread out over two weeks. Starts with dosing the Refresh, then waiting 48 hours, dosing Refresh, then waiting 48 hours, then Waste Away every other day for like 4 or 5 days.

• Like 1

Thanks! I jinxed myself...the BTA is barely open today and look very shriveled up. Hope it is just a phase....

They are kind of goofy like that. I'm sure it's a phase. Just wait until it starts walking :scarry:. I tried to isolate mine to it's own island but they split and the babies would tumble around and attach where I didn't want them. They are awesome though, when they behave :). I want a tank dedicated to just BTAs and clownfish.
  • Like 1