Coral Vue Hydros

Ninja's Red Sea Reefer 350 - still here!

ninjamyst

youre behind by 8!! Make a thread in the general section so you can get more traffic, I did a vote on my iPhone I'll get on my mac when I get home

Voted !!

Going to vote from home later, too :P

We won =). By like 4,000 votes. HAHAHA. Thanks everyone for voting!!!!!

Does your aqua maxx have to sit on a platform to be raised up in the reefer sump or nope just set it in and plugger in?

It's sitting on one layer of eggcrate just because the air silencer will be partially submerged and water gets into the silencer.

HALO won!

I mean, I think. It's by votes, right? You won the popular vote, but who knows.

hahahaha, yes we won legit =P.

• Like 4

I can't decide if I should get the Icecap Module to control my Gyre with Apex or ditch Gyre for something else or get the new Gyre 230 that comes with a better controller....

A lot of my favorite tanks use gyres and I've been thinking about switching myself. I run an mp40 and 2 mp10's on a 36" tank and I still have dead spots no matter where I put them, and I've pretty much tried every configuration with different flow patterns throughout the day.

• Like 1

I approve this message. Might want to stay off the computer as well ;)

was up till 2am last night. didn't buy toooo much but just reading slickdeals forum and "browser" shopping

I didnt buy anything except upgrading my iPhone :D

got my wife a S7 for her bday =). i miss those days where phones are free....sigh.

We tried going to the mall last night around 11pm. Waited 30 mins just to get within 2 blocks of the mall entrance so we went home. Was going to hit up all the LFS around town this morning but got lazy...probably better that way.

• Like 1
RIP Sebastian

was up till 2am last night. didn't buy toooo much but just reading slickdeals forum and "browser" shopping

got my wife a S7 for her bday =). i miss those days where phones are free....sigh.

We tried going to the mall last night around 11pm. Waited 30 mins just to get within 2 blocks of the mall entrance so we went home. Was going to hit up all the LFS around town this morning but got lazy...probably better that way.

My LFS didn't have hours yesterday, but I wasn't positive so I drove there. The sign said "Open". The owner was there feeding everything. He let me and two other people in. Needless to say, I spent eighty dollars. :)

Nick

• Like 1

Ugh...I hate that! Makes you realize just how many people there are in this world :wacko:.
  • Like 1

Ugh...I hate that! Makes you realize just how many people there are in this world :wacko:.

gonna try the mall again today =). i used to line up at night for black friday sales back in college. but now, it's not worth the $10 savings....hahah

• Like 4

gonna try the mall again today =). i used to line up at night for black friday sales back in college. but now, it's not worth the $10 savings....hahah

Good luck! Now that it's officially the holiday season, the only way I'd try the mall on a weekend is very early...like when they first open.
  • Like 1

never again! took forever to find parking. went in to find some hiking pants and gear for Peru next year and only found snow pants and skiing gear. blah. unexpectedly spent an hour at Janie and Jack shopping for clothes for friends and families with babies and kids now. came home, went online to Janie and Jack website and everything was cheaper online with free shipping. epic fail.

• Like 3

never again! took forever to find parking. went in to find some hiking pants and gear for Peru next year and only found snow pants and skiing gear. blah. unexpectedly spent an hour at Janie and Jack shopping for clothes for friends and families with babies and kids now. came home, went online to Janie and Jack website and everything was cheaper online with free shipping. epic fail.

I haven't done corporeal black friday shopping in years. Every place I want to buy from puts it all on sale by midnight Thursday at the latest with free shipping anyway. And I don't have to get up early or even get dressed to go out :D

Btw, congrats on the HALO win! I shared your picture and link on Facebook, I'm sure that's what did it :ninja:

• Like 1

I haven't done corporeal black friday shopping in years. Every place I want to buy from puts it all on sale by midnight Thursday at the latest with free shipping anyway. And I don't have to get up early or even get dressed to go out :D

Btw, congrats on the HALO win! I shared your picture and link on Facebook, I'm sure that's what did it :ninja:

thank you!! every vote counted =).

i only go to mall for clothes. i stayed up all night thursday already for tech stuff. spent over $2.5k already, mostly on a Samsung S7 for the wife and Sony lens. Getting rid of all my Nikon gear and switching to Sony mirrorless.

• Like 2

thank you!! every vote counted =).

i only go to mall for clothes. i stayed up all night thursday already for tech stuff. spent over $2.5k already, mostly on a Samsung S7 for the wife and Sony lens. Getting rid of all my Nikon gear and switching to Sony mirrorless.

Hmmm, what kind of Sony? I've been thinking about moving from Nikon to mirrorless too.

• Like 1

Hmmm, what kind of Sony? I've been thinking about moving from Nikon to mirrorless too.

I am going with the Sony A6000 to save some money. Also getting the 18-105mm f4 and 35mm f1.8 lens. I thought about getting the A6300 but it's double the price of the A6000 and I don't NEED 4k video. The A6000 is on sale at most places for $400 for body only or $550 for body and kit lens plus $50 GC at Adorama or BHPhotoVideo. I have over $4k in Nikon lens so even if I sell them for 60% of what I paid, I will still come out a head a little =). And LESS gear and weight for vacation. We are planning a trip to Machu Picchu and Amazon rainforest and I do not want to lug my big DSLR and 6 lens with me.

• Like 1

I am going with the Sony A6000 to save some money. Also getting the 18-105mm f4 and 35mm f1.8 lens. I thought about getting the A6300 but it's double the price of the A6000 and I don't NEED 4k video. The A6000 is on sale at most places for $400 for body only or $550 for body and kit lens plus $50 GC at Adorama or BHPhotoVideo. I have over $4k in Nikon lens so even if I sell them for 60% of what I paid, I will still come out a head a little =). And LESS gear and weight for vacation. We are planning a trip to Machu Picchu and Amazon rainforest and I do not want to lug my big DSLR and 6 lens with me.

That's funny - this was pretty much what I was considering. You get a lot of camera for under $600 that way, and a lot less weight.

But change is scary, I've never tried using anything other than Nikon on my tank photography. I know just how to set up the camera and do the white balance and everything else to get things just right. I guess it will be a new and fun learning experience though, if I do it.

• Like 1

That's funny - this was pretty much what I was considering. You get a lot of camera for under $600 that way, and a lot less weight.

But change is scary, I've never tried using anything other than Nikon on my tank photography. I know just how to set up the camera and do the white balance and everything else to get things just right. I guess it will be a new and fun learning experience though, if I do it.

yea, i am gonna miss my macro lens for my Nikon. There isn't a long macro lens for the Sony, only a 30mm I think.

yea, i am gonna miss my macro lens for my Nikon. There isn't a long macro lens for the Sony, only a 30mm I think.

For some reason I thought they had a 60mm,but maybe that's for some other camera. With a 4/3 sensor you do get a free boost in magnification though over a full frame or aps-c.
  • Like 1
jedimasterben

I kinda thought about going mirrorless, but going from my T2i to an SL1 got me very close in both size and weight while maintaining compatibility with all Canon lenses. :happydance:

• Like 1

Anything Sony just ask me. I have been using the Sony series for 2.5 years now and love it.

They have the 90mm macro ( beast ) but is pricey. VM is also making a macro for emount and I think Sony is releasing a 60mm macro.

The 6000 series with the FE 28 f2 is unreal. My go to for 80% of my work. If you want a great zoom the 16-70 f4 is flat out unreal but is $900. It also has an extremely close MF.

I currently use my 6300 95% of the time and thinking of selling my A7.

• Like 1

I kinda thought about going mirrorless, but going from my T2i to an SL1 got me very close in both size and weight while maintaining compatibility with all Canon lenses. :happydance:

Get the EOS M5 =).

Anything Sony just ask me. I have been using the Sony series for 2.5 years now and love it.

They have the 90mm macro ( beast ) but is pricey. VM is also making a macro for emount and I think Sony is releasing a 60mm macro.

The 6000 series with the FE 28 f2 is unreal. My go to for 80% of my work. If you want a great zoom the 16-70 f4 is flat out unreal but is $900. It also has an extremely close MF.

I currently use my 6300 95% of the time and thinking of selling my A7.

I debated on the 16-70 f4 vs 18-105 f4 for a loooong time. In the end, the additional zoom on the 18-105 won me over since it will be the main travel lens. I will miss the extra 2mm on the wide end though.

Dang, I wish I knew about the FE 28 f2 before I bought the 35mm f1.8. Do you use the FE 28 on the A6300?

Do you have / use the kit lens on the A6300? I can't decide if I should get the kit lens too for when I want to go compact. The 18-105mm is huge...

What kind of flash are you using on the A6300? I am debating on the HVL-FM32 vs a 3rd party flash to save money...

That's great feedback on the A6300, Dave. I've been thinking about getting one but I have to admit I've recently been tempted by the new Panasonic G85.

Get the A6500 =P.

• Like 2

I know you say traveling but the 16-70 is a lens that I dont think people should skip. It really is incredible and built in IS. I use the 28 on the 6300 pretty much all the time. Also allows me to use on a FF A7 series. It is tac sharp and small.

I currently have...

A7 - 35 2.8, 28 f2

6300 - 16-70, manual VM 75 1.8

I plan on selling the 35 2.5 FE and picking up the new Sigma 30 1.4 for crop and MAYBE the Sigma ART 19mm. I like the small size of these lens. Plus incredible pricing. Shoot me a PM if you want some of my personal stuff on Flickr.

-D

P.S - I wont lie, I thought about selling the 6300 to upgrade to the 6500. Just cuss :P

• Like 1

I know you say traveling but the 16-70 is a lens that I dont think people should skip. It really is incredible and built in IS. I use the 28 on the 6300 pretty much all the time. Also allows me to use on a FF A7 series. It is tac sharp and small.

I currently have...

A7 - 35 2.8, 28 f2

6300 - 16-70, manual VM 75 1.8

I plan on selling the 35 2.5 FE and picking up the new Sigma 30 1.4 for crop and MAYBE the Sigma ART 19mm. I like the small size of these lens. Plus incredible pricing. Shoot me a PM if you want some of my personal stuff on Flickr.

-D

P.S - I wont lie, I thought about selling the 6300 to upgrade to the 6500. Just cuss :P

Just did more research on the Sigma 30 f1.4. I wish I got that now too instead of the Sony 35mm F1.8. DOH. The Sigma is cheaper and sharper. I tend to stay away from 3rd party lens but Sigma really killing it the last couple of years.

• Like 1