Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Ninja's Red Sea Reefer 350 - still here!

ninjamyst

Damn, I did that with a poci before, I didn't think it was going to fling itself like it did from the pressure of the cut on the cutting board. Like I was worrying about the wrong piece to go flying.

• Like 1

Damn, I did that with a poci before, I didn't think it was going to fling itself like it did from the pressure of the cut on the cutting board. Like I was worrying about the wrong piece to go flying.

yea, i couldn't cut the frag underwater so i ended up unmounting the big colony and cutting it slightly out of the water...argh...so frustrating. should have just left it alone =(.

now i have to buy frag plugs and frag racks to hold stuff. omg, i am turning into those kind of reefers that sell stuff out of their tanks....

• Like 4

Well, at least you can sell those pieces off and make some money. Wow, now think back, seems so long ago we were talking about ricordeas & SaltCritters due to their prices. You too Ninja can sell at those prices!!!

• Like 1

Well, at least you can sell those pieces off and make some money. Wow, now think back, seems so long ago we were talking about ricordeas & SaltCritters due to their prices. You too Ninja can sell at those prices!!!

hahah i plan to mount all the little pieces and grow them out to be sellable....although i am still loosing money over this since the cost of frag plugs and frag racks and time far outweight the money gained from selling frags if I even sell them vs giving them away....

• Like 2

hahah i plan to mount all the little pieces and grow them out to be sellable....although i am still loosing money over this since the cost of frag plugs and frag racks and time far outweight the money gained from selling frags if I even sell them vs giving them away....

Yeah, when you factor it all in you get a little more sympathetic to the LFS that sells little birdsnest frags for $25.

On the other hand, it's nice to have frags to trade!

• Like 3

Automatic Fragging

yea, i found more little random pieces of birdsnest this morning...haha

The tank is looking beautiful. :scarry:

thanks!

Yeah, when you factor it all in you get a little more sympathetic to the LFS that sells little birdsnest frags for $25.

On the other hand, it's nice to have frags to trade!

yea, maybe i can sell to the LFS =P

• Like 3

:angry::furious::(

Came home to this. RTN on the new mariculture SPS colony after I fragged it into pieces so I can mount it.

32181966616_41e82de1ab_z.jpg

That sucks :(

I've had hit and miss luck with the mariculture pieces. I just bought another mariculture piece today (a green birdsnest mini colony) and am hoping that it doesn't RTN/STN on me. On the bright side, some of the mariculture pieces come with cool acrocrabs!

• Like 1

That sucks :(

I've had hit and miss luck with the mariculture pieces. I just bought another mariculture piece today (a green birdsnest mini colony) and am hoping that it doesn't RTN/STN on me. On the bright side, some of the mariculture pieces come with cool acrocrabs!

birdsnest should be fine since they are so hardy. but no more mariculture acros for me. never had him last more than a month.

My new thing is to trade pieces in for store credit :happydance:. So far I've done it with trumpets and leathers.

i wish my LFS will allow trades. most give you nothing for corals =(

Dang, that sucks. How was it in the tank before you fragged it?

it was doing great before I fragged it =(.

That's been my experience as well. But I have a "new" LFS in my town and they rock :D.

lucky you! i gonna ask other LFS this weekend if they will take in trades. i have big colonies i need to trade away...

• Like 1

Sometimes AP will do trades. I traded in a large cynarina, of course he had just gotten a shipment with 2 in that morning so that devalued it pretty quickly :furious:

heading there Saturday so will ask. cynarina are $$$. hope you at least got a decent amount for it =P

heading there Saturday so will ask. cynarina are $$$. hope you at least got a decent amount for it =P

Nope, don't even want to say what I ended up trading it for, I got the bad end of the deal. It had grown to big, this was before I got my Reefer, so I had no room for it.

• Like 1