Cultivated Reef

Ninja's Red Sea Reefer 350 - still here!

ninjamyst

What's your magic potion???

The nems my clowns host aren't bubbly unless it's evening.

The nems my clowns don't host are bubbly.

But ninja's is bubbly. So I'm not sure.

I've never had a nem permanently lose their bubbles.

• Like 1
reeferbrownies

Soooo....flight to Vegas is TOMORROW, not today. So I went to the Aquatic Experience show this morning. I gave myself a $100 budget and 20 mins later, I am almost up to $150 =(. Got two cleaner shrimps ($15 x 2), flame angel ($40), sun coral ($30), acan ($20), and two SPS frags ($10). A vendor has a small rainbow BTA that looked amazing for just $35. I regret not getting it but really have no place for another BTA. There were also lots of other corals I had to stop myself from buying.

Thanks Mark! Why would Foxface be better than Hippo? Aggression?

ahh bummer, I was there too we could have met up

• Like 1

The nems my clowns host aren't bubbly unless it's evening.

The nems my clowns don't host are bubbly.

But ninja's is bubbly. So I'm not sure.

I've never had a nem permanently lose their bubbles.

Mine is even bubblier when I turn off the Gyre pump. So I definitely think flow is a big factor.

ahh bummer, I was there too we could have met up

Yea, it was a last minute decision =(. Hope you enjoyed the show and got some nice stuff!

Really enjoy the last few pics, glad the SPS are coming around for you too :)

Thanks! Not sure what caused the sudden growth spurt but I am not gonna complain!

How do you like the Gyre? Have you had any issues? I was interested but have been put off with the mixed reviews about how it holds up over time.

I like the Gyre but don't LOVE it. I like that it moves a lot of water with just one pump. I don't like that the flow is constant so my corals are only swaying in one direction most of the time. I may get the Apex module to adjust the flow rate throughout the day. If I were to do it all over again, I would have went with two MP40s or two WAV on the backwall.

• Like 1
jedimasterben

I like the Gyre but don't LOVE it. I like that it moves a lot of water with just one pump. I don't like that the flow is constant so my corals are only swaying in one direction most of the time. I may get the Apex module to adjust the flow rate throughout the day. If I were to do it all over again, I would have went with two MP40s or two WAV on the backwall.

I almost got a WAV the other day, but there is no way to connect it to a battery backup, per Neptune, so I decided against it. Found a Tunze 6095 with Apex cable for $115 and jumped on it :D

• Like 1

I almost got a WAV the other day, but there is no way to connect it to a battery backup, per Neptune, so I decided against it. Found a Tunze 6095 with Apex cable for $115 and jumped on it :D

wow, that's more than 50% off. Nice score. You just reminded me I bought a battery backup last year that I never installed for my Gyre...oops.

jedimasterben

wow, that's more than 50% off. Nice score. You just reminded me I bought a battery backup last year that I never installed for my Gyre...oops.

I just got two of them, one IceCap and one Coral Box to compare. We'll see if there is any difference between the two, as on the outside they're pretty damned similar lol. Though they also cost the same and I think have the same warranty.

• Like 2

I have been debating as well between the vortechs or WAV and I think I'm going to go with the WAV. I have a friend who replaced his mp40 set up with two WAV and has been nothing but happy with it. I have always had vortechs though and have been happy with them. I do like that the cord is outside of the tank gives a cleaner look personally.

They (WAV) are $200.00 cheaper or about I believe which you could put towards the Apex. I also like just how much data you get from the WAV off of the Apex.

• Like 1

I have a favor to ask everyone. The dog rescue group I work with has entered into an online contest from 1-800-PETMEDS. Please help us win the $1,000 so we can continue to rescue dogs. All you have to do is vote for us EVERY DAY. No sign up required. Just two clicks. You can vote from different browsers and from different devices. EVERY DAY. We are in 2nd place right now.

Vote for HALO

http://bit.ly/2f56pt0

"We rescue Havanese from the horrors of puppy mill life. Our motto is "Happy Endings Start Here". Since 2002, we have rescued almost 1200 Havanese. Often those we rescue are about to be euthanized because they are no longer considered "profitable" by the mill. We give them the vet care we would want our own dogs to have and help them adjust emotionally and physically to a new life of freedom. When they are ready, we find the right home for each one. We are determined that the life they lead after rescue will be a safe, healthy and happy one."

• Like 7

I have a favor to ask everyone. The dog rescue group I work with has entered into an online contest from 1-800-PETMEDS. Please help us win the $1,000 so we can continue to rescue dogs. All you have to do is vote for us EVERY DAY. No sign up required. Just two clicks. You can vote from different browsers and from different devices. EVERY DAY. We are in 2nd place right now.

Vote for HALO

http://bit.ly/2f56pt0

OMG who wouldn't vote for that sweet face? Done.

• Like 1
Cencalfishguy56

Thank you =). We always been second by a few votes....

I swear the Boston group is cheating!! They are always ahead of us by 10-30 votes...

youre behind by 8!! Make a thread in the general section so you can get more traffic, I did a vote on my iPhone I'll get on my mac when I get home
  • Like 1