ReefCleaners.org

Ninja's Red Sea Reefer 350 - still here!

ninjamyst

GSP and Blue Cespitularia are growing too fast! Thinking about fragging them. Anyone local interested?

GSP is the electric green kind, super bright. Growing on the sand in nice mat sheets so easy to glue to whatever you want.

Blue Cespitularia is from Cultivated Reef: http://cultivatedreef.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=19_4&product_id=982. To be 100% honest, the photo on their website is slightly exaggerated in terms of the brightest of this. It does not florescence under blues like other corals. But it's still very nice with long purple stalk and whitish polyps.

I'll take some blue stuff!

Have snowball deliver the goods!

• Like 2

I did it! I caught the bastard neon dottyback!!! It killed two firefish so far. Its always picking fights with the yellow coris. Caught it with a Seaside Aquatic Fish Trap. Soooo glad it's out of this tank.

I'm practically "local".....
:^ p

thats what snowball said....

• Like 1

I did it! I caught the bastard neon dottyback!!! It killed two firefish so far. Its always picking fights with the yellow coris. Caught it with a Seaside Aquatic Fish Trap. Soooo glad it's out of this tank.

thats what snowball said....

Woo hoo!

And :lol:

• Like 1

What heater you running? And how big is the space on the right side of the sump. Planning to put

My ato container and the electronic stuff in there

some cheap 350w heater since I have apex to control it. I think Marineland or something. I will have to measure the right side of the sump tonight, but it should fit ATO container and electronic stuff.

Hi Ninja been following your build and I too have a reefer 350 can you let me know what skimmer are you using I am using the Reef Octopus and it is a nightmare needs tuning every time I switch it on after cleaning and today I happen to catch it before it overflowed into the sump. So I am gonna be looking to get a new one. Thanks

Hi Ninja been following your build and I too have a reefer 350 can you let me know what skimmer are you using I am using the Reef Octopus and it is a nightmare needs tuning every time I switch it on after cleaning and today I happen to catch it before it overflowed into the sump. So I am gonna be looking to get a new one. Thanks

I am using Aquamaxx CO-1. LOVE IT. Quiet, has never overflowed for me. I been through 2 other skimmers before Harry (check out his 350 build too) recommended the CO-1 to me. You just missed a sale from Marine Depot on it, but they may do it again for Black Friday or see if they can still hook you up with the sale price.

• Like 1

SPS is coloring up =).

love to have some softies :D

Are you going to the Chicago Aquatic Experience?

Unfortunately, I will miss Chicago Aquatic Experience. Gonna be in Vegas instead =). I will have to start throwing out GSP soon at the rate it is growing. It already got on the overflow. Are you close to Seven Seas? I can meet you there on a weekend and bring you GSP, blue xenia, and a frag of green birdsnest.

• Like 3

I had this birdsnest for 3 years now and it is STILL being supported by that tiny branch. I accidentally fragged it a couple of times too. Growth really exploded once it was in this tank.

Oct 20, 2013:

10392688295_41fb9817f3_z.jpg

Oct 29, 2016:

30350404530_07cee3d60e_z.jpg

Acros are coloring back up. I haven't changed a thing. Stupid SPS. My heater stopped working recently too. The tank been running at 74 at night. Oops.

30533345672_dfd8dc985d_z.jpg

30533332862_0dcc45d253_z.jpg

• Like 8
reeferbrownies

SPS is coloring up =).

Unfortunately, I will miss Chicago Aquatic Experience. Gonna be in Vegas instead =). I will have to start throwing out GSP soon at the rate it is growing. It already got on the overflow. Are you close to Seven Seas? I can meet you there on a weekend and bring you GSP, blue xenia, and a frag of green birdsnest.

Sounds good, I'm not sure when I can get around there but I'll let you know :)

• Like 1

How are you finding the kessil? Is it working well for you?

Love and hate relationship. Slow growth on acros and color is only good when viewing from top. But impressive for single fixture and all other corals are loving it.