inTank Media Baskets

Yoshii's 5.5g Macro Reef

yoshii

I love San Diego. I'll be at Point Loma on Monday for a quick meeting before heading to Hawaii. I never get tired of looking down at the breakers from up on the cliffs.

I'll leave a little room in my suitcase, Yoshii, so you can stowaway :D

• Like 2

I know! Ib spent my summers in L.A. as a kid every now and then. I still have family out there. Perhaps one summer I'll return and hit up that pier for some pacific juice! The gulf doesn't do it for me anymore.

We can switch places, I've never been to the gulf

I love San Diego. I'll be at Point Loma on Monday for a quick meeting before heading to Hawaii. I never get tired of looking down at the breakers from up on the cliffs.

I'll leave a little room in my suitcase, Yoshii, so you can stowaway :D

I'll meet you at the airport! :ninja:

• Like 3

I moved this Rhodymenia from one side of the tank to the other in the rescape and it's interesting to see how differently it grows
IMG_8912.jpg

NRR, but look at this cute little guy!! He was crawling across a sidewalk outside so I took a few shots and then put him on the other side of the sidewalk (sorry not sorry if you don't like bugs)

IMG_8959r.jpg

IMG_8954r.jpg

IMG_8941r.jpg

oh hai

• Like 9

I love caterpillars. Pretty one; I like the red on him. Here's a video for you taken when I went to get in some local mineral waters fed into hot tubs in Hot Springs, NC.

• Like 2
gulfsurfer101

We can switch places, I've never been to the gulf

Done! You can stay in my guest cabin I'll be setting up my 75g in and I can stay in your dorm room! My dreams are coming true lol!

Done! You can stay in my guest cabin I'll be setting up my 75g in and I can stay in your dorm room! My dreams are coming true lol!

Yesss. But first I'm visiting Hawai'i via Teeny's suitcase!

no late night tank updates. i guess you're only a night owl for finals. it's unfortunate, we can't be midnight friends

I finished my last final yesterday. I can't remember the last time I slept in my bed.

I think I got like a total of 5 hrs of sleep Tuesday-Thursday. Def needed to pass out for a while.

But SPRING BREAK IS HERE omgomgomg

I haven't decided when I'm going to the Birch Aquarium, but I'll post pics here when I do!

• Like 5

Please get one of the spiny lumpsuckers! they are fat little balloons that i can never get a decent pic of :P

They are very cute! However they are not a tropical species :(

I would have totally gotten than tiny Sargassum Frogfish on DD a few weeks ago, but I think the shipping would have cost more than the actual fish!

• Like 2

I would have totally gotten than tiny Sargassum Frogfish on DD a few weeks ago, but I think the shipping would have cost more than the actual fish!

Lol I meant a pic of them at birch :P:P:P i shoulda added that part haha

gulfsurfer101

Hmmm...

That's not the same as a sargassum angler is it? I find those things all the time. Good thing you didn't get it becauseb they are basically a stomach with a mouth attached. I've kept them before. They will eat everything from frozen the first day in a tank to even each other if they can fit it in their mouth!

Hmmm...

That's not the same as a sargassum angler is it? I find those things all the time. Good thing you didn't get it becauseb they are basically a stomach with a mouth attached. I've kept them before. They will eat everything from frozen the first day in a tank to even each other if they can fit it in their mouth!

Yes I've kept one before too, it ate pellets like crazy!

Sounds like a plan to me! :)

So far I've got the YCG, blue snowflakes, and the branching GSP, and I'm going to pick up some weird xenia at the other LFS
  • Like 2

Yes I've kept one before too, it ate pellets like crazy!

So far I've got the YCG, blue snowflakes, and the branching GSP, and I'm going to pick up some weird xenia at the other LFS

Sounds like an awesome and reasonably inexpensive shopping spree to me! Good use of spring break :) ours started today too but sadly I will not be taking a week off. Must keep writing my dissertation and finishing up experiments, but it's ok because I'm almost done with school for forever :)
  • Like 2

Sounds like an awesome and reasonably inexpensive shopping spree to me! Good use of spring break :) ours started today too but sadly I will not be taking a week off. Must keep writing my dissertation and finishing up experiments, but it's ok because I'm almost done with school for forever :)

Ended up getting a mushroom too, total for everything should be around $40. The YCG was actually only $7.99, yay! He's so cute and is eating mysis. I can't wait to take pics

Aww well you're in the final stretch!!

• Like 2

Ended up getting a mushroom too, total for everything should be around $40. The YCG was actually only $7.99, yay! He's so cute and is eating mysis. I can't wait to take pics

Aww well you're in the final stretch!!

Awesome! I don't remember the last time I walked out of an LFS for only $40 :lol: You're better at budget shopping than I am. Sounds like they have good prices!

• Like 1
gulfsurfer101

Awsome! My lfs had a wicked green war paint goby! I didn't get him then went back a few hours later before making my back home an hour out of town and he was gone! I would do another ycg but I'm afraid it would bother the sps in myb tank too much!