ReefCleaners.org

Yoshii's 5.5g Macro Reef

yoshii

I'd love to have a black one. I had the normal grey but it was my favorite snail in my 8g. I don't know what happened to him. I just realized one day I didn't see him anymore.

I'd love to have a black one. I had the normal grey but it was my favorite snail in my 8g. I don't know what happened to him. I just realized one day I didn't see him anymore.

I'm not how long they live, but it's probably not too long?

Ugh computer keeps freezing up, sorry pics are taking so long

What a beauty!!!!! They even look sweet and delicate.

I wish I had more!!

I'm considering naming him, any suggestions? In my head it's a boy :P

Currently, the toadstool is all closed and shedding, but here's a shot from a few weeks ago

IMG_854622%20crop.jpg

• Like 9

Great news on the job! Being an RA seems like a fun job! I never did it, but had several friends that did and loved it. Great way to get free rent :)

Glad it sounds like you should still be able to make it to MACNA!

Beautiful macro shot of that toadstool. I just love macro photos so much! :)

El Sluggo

Or Capt. Black play on it's common name cap snail.. and "he's" black (cap snail being common name according to inland aquatics that is)

hmmm. He's just a little speck in the tank. What about Smudgy.

Hmm, that's kinda cute

Whatever name you guys come up with is going to be better that what I first thought of :lol: I've the least creative person when it comes to naming pets (Ex: my cat's name is Poofy because she has a poofy tail)

Great news on the job! Being an RA seems like a fun job! I never did it, but had several friends that did and loved it. Great way to get free rent :)

Glad it sounds like you should still be able to make it to MACNA!

Beautiful macro shot of that toadstool. I just love macro photos so much! :)

Thanks! It's around 20-25 hrs/week, not including everyday stuff, so I'm going to be busy, but I think it will be fun! :)

I'm really excited for MACNA!! I feel bad for whoever is working at the LFS when I go in during spring break...I think I might just talk their ears off cause I miss be able to talk reef with people!

Me too :happy: I think I took that using my stock lens and a cheap little extension tube

Congrats on the job! I have no idea what a RA is but it you get your own room and food out of it sounds like a good deal to me. :D You coming to the SDreefs meeting this month? Pretty sure if you reach out you could carpool.

• Like 1

El Sluggo

Or Capt. Black play on it's common name cap snail.. and "he's" black (cap snail being common name according to inland aquatics that is)

Oh I had no one that was a common name used, or that there was a common name

Congrats on the job! I have no idea what a RA is but it you get your own room and food out of it sounds like a good deal to me. :D You coming to the SDreefs meeting this month? Pretty sure if you reach out you could carpool.

Thank you!

Oh I didn't even know there was a meeting! I guess cause I'm not on SDreefs haha

When and where is it? I'd love to go if I can

I totally would have called it poof butt :D

:lol: but the butt is not poofy!

Thank you!

Oh I didn't even know there was a meeting! I guess cause I'm not on SDreefs haha

When and where is it? I'd love to go if I can

Found it. I'll be on spring break that week, but yeah it's a bit far for me :(

In the fall I am definitely bringing my car!

Poof butt accessory! :D

:closedeyes:

• Like 1

I planned to stop by Ace Hardware on Thursday...but accidentally spent too much time at the beach :lol:
It's on my to-do list for spring break! Here's the list of fishie-related things I want to do:

-Go to LFS + stop by Daiso - check for frame material

-Go to Ace, check frame material

-Go to Birch Aquarium + stop by pier for water

-Update macro list for NR

-Make NR sig

-Clean tank, take FTS with fancy camera

Hopefully I can get at least most of these things done and have a nice pic update for you guys :)

• Like 5

In other news, Bob Fenner accepted my friend request on facebook and talked to me and I am fangirling so hard!!! I'm bringing my copy of Reef Invertebrates to MACNA so I can ask him to sign it omgomgomg

If you don't know what book I'm talking about, please go buy a copy, it's a book about macros and inverts in marine aquariums and it's awesome

• Like 6
Micro-Reefs Aquariums

I planned to stop by Ace Hardware on Thursday...but accidentally spent too much time at the beach :lol:

It's on my to-do list for spring break! Here's the list of fishie-related things I want to do:

-Go to LFS + stop by Daiso - check for frame material

-Go to Ace, check frame material

-Go to Birch Aquarium + stop by pier for water

-Update macro list for NR

-Make NR sig

-Clean tank, take FTS with fancy camera

Hopefully I can get at least most of these things done and have a nice pic update for you guys :)

You forgot to add a line in your list, log onto nano-reef and make nice comments about micro-reefs.... :)

• Like 1

You forgot to add a line in your list, log onto nano-reef and make nice comments about micro-reefs.... :)

Haha I'll add it to the list :P

Btw, I'm glad you brought back the glass tanks, they look so clear! Awesome sale too, if only I had more room for tanks :tears:

• Like 1

In other news, Bob Fenner accepted my friend request on facebook and talked to me and I am fangirling so hard!!! I'm bringing my copy of Reef Invertebrates to MACNA so I can ask him to sign it omgomgomg

If you don't know what book I'm talking about, please go buy a copy, it's a book about macros and inverts in marine aquariums and it's awesome

I bought my very first marine aquarium book about 20 years ago and it was 'The Conscientious Marine Aquarist' by Robert M Fenner. It helped me form my philosophy about aquarium keeping. I wished I could go with you for an autogragh on my book, ha ha!
  • Like 3

I bought my very first marine aquarium book about 20 years ago and it was 'The Conscientious Marine Aquarist' by Robert M Fenner. It helped me form my philosophy about aquarium keeping. I wished I could go with you for an autogragh on my book, ha ha!

I don't remember my first marine aquarium book, but I did find WWM to be nice online resource when I was starting out

I'm super excited to meet him :D I also hope to attend talks by Dana Riddle, Dr. Pyle, and Matt Wandell

• Like 3

I bought that same book about 15 years ago and read it cover to cover before I set up my first tank! I actually had to get it spiral bound, because the spine cracked on me from reading it so much. :D After my hiatus from aquarium keeping, the first thing I did was buy the second edition of The Conscientious Marine Aquarist, which had been released in the meantime.

• Like 3

I bought that same book about 15 years ago and read it cover to cover before I set up my first tank! I actually had to get it spiral bound, because the spine cracked on me from reading it so much. :D After my hiatus from aquarium keeping, the first thing I did was buy the second edition of The Conscientious Marine Aquarist, which had been released in the meantime.

Kinda sad they don't make too many new marine aquarium books anymore, my bookshelf at home has 2 or 3 shelves dedicated to fishie books haha. Makes sense with the transition to digital everything, but I did really enjoy reading those books.

I remember when I first started I would convince my mom to let me stay at Half Price Books for several hours so I could read them :lol:

• Like 3

That is so cool. Well, Mr. Fenner has certainly impacted a lot of budding marine aquarists it seems and marine life in aquaria is better for it.:-)

• Like 2

Kinda sad they don't make too many new marine aquarium books anymore, my bookshelf at home has 2 or 3 shelves dedicated to fishie books haha. Makes sense with the transition to digital everything, but I did really enjoy reading those books.

I remember when I first started I would convince my mom to let me stay at Half Price Books for several hours so I could read them :lol:

I know what you mean. When I got into seahorses I was trying to find a good comprehensive book on keeping them in aquaria. There wasn't really one out there. I ended up taking an online course from Ocean Rider with Pete Giwonja and I have that course downloaded and its excellant and comprehensive. I still refer to it at times. But there is just something about a real book that I miss.
  • Like 1