Cultivated Reef

Yoshii's 5.5g Macro Reef

yoshii

Awesome! I don't remember the last time I walked out of an LFS for only $40 :lol: You're better at budget shopping than I am. Sounds like they have good prices!

They do have good prices! Of the two that I've been to, I like them the most.

Lol I have to budget after receiving my housing bill for next quarter :(

Awsome! My lfs had a wicked green war paint goby! I didn't get him then went back a few hours later before making my back home an hour out of town and he was gone! I would do another ycg but I'm afraid it would bother the sps in myb tank too much!

Awww :(

Yeah they can be a bother to smaller colonies

• Like 1

On bus 2/3 on the way home. But my roommates are making mimosas so probably cell phone fishie pics tonight

One of my friends suggested Pudge as a name to go with Smudge the stomatella

• Like 2

Stunning new photos :)

Thanks Felicia! :)

wowowowowowowow :D i always have bad luck with getting those guys to eat, but it sounds like he's already doing that so... good for you lol B):P

Yeah I made sure he was eating at the LFS. They just need smaller foods

Soooo I was planning on going to the Birch Aquarium today, but I stayed up late binge watching Daredevil and slept in. I definitely still plan on going this week and finding those lumpsuckers!

• Like 4

Thanks Felicia! :)

Yeah I made sure he was eating at the LFS. They just need smaller foods

Soooo I was planning on going to the Birch Aquarium today, but I stayed up late binge watching Daredevil and slept in. I definitely still plan on going this week and finding those lumpsuckers!

Theres a good chance ill be there on friday haha I'm setting up my new temperate soon and I'm gonna grab some rocks down by the cove that wash up... I hope :happy:

Yoshii! I forgot to ask! So, I have a 14 gallon that is EXTREMELY boring, Im running a small 5 gal. sump on it with a blade led light fixture on it. I have had the same watchman+pistol and yellow tail damsel for a year and a half now and i want a change so, i was thinking bout redoing the rock and removing the fish and turn it into a tank similar to yours :P all levels are stable, and the temperature stays around 76-79 depending on the day (no heater running atm) with your knowledge, would that setup be able to keep macro algae alive and healthy?

Looks great Yoshii and I love your new fishy friend :wub:

Thanks! He's being super cute and has been hanging out in the front of the tank today :)

Theres a good chance ill be there on friday haha I'm setting up my new temperate soon and I'm gonna grab some rocks down by the cove that wash up... I hope :happy:

Aww I was thinking about going before then, cause I need to stop by Scripps and pick up some water. I love meeting NR peeps, if you're in the area shoot me a PM!

The cove is a Marine Protected Area, so you're probably not allowed to get rocks from there. (plus they're all just mini boulders)

Windansea Beach is just a little bit south and has lots of rocks and isn't in a MPA.

Yoshii! I forgot to ask! So, I have a 14 gallon that is EXTREMELY boring, Im running a small 5 gal. sump on it with a blade led light fixture on it. I have had the same watchman+pistol and yellow tail damsel for a year and a half now and i want a change so, i was thinking bout redoing the rock and removing the fish and turn it into a tank similar to yours :P all levels are stable, and the temperature stays around 76-79 depending on the day (no heater running atm) with your knowledge, would that setup be able to keep macro algae alive and healthy?

I'm not really familiar with that light, could you send me a link? I tried google but got a bunch of different results.

The main things are lighting, fish poop/nutrients, and having no herbivores that will eat your macros. Currently I'm also not running a heater, and the temp does fluctuate a bit, but macros are hardy and don't mind.

Thanks! He's being super cute and has been hanging out in the front of the tank today :)

Aww I was thinking about going before then, cause I need to stop by Scripps and pick up some water. I love meeting NR peeps, if you're in the area shoot me a PM!

The cove is a Marine Protected Area, so you're probably not allowed to get rocks from there. (plus they're all just mini boulders)

Windansea Beach is just a little bit south and has lots of rocks and isn't in a MPA.

I'm not really familiar with that light, could you send me a link? I tried google but got a bunch of different results.

The main things are lighting, fish poop/nutrients, and having no herbivores that will eat your macros. Currently I'm also not running a heater, and the temp does fluctuate a bit, but macros are hardy and don't mind.

http://aquariumsupplies.marinedepot.com/search?p=R&srid=S1-2IADP&lbc=marinedepot&w=blade%20led&url=http%3a%2f%2fwww.marinedepot.com%2fWave_Point_Blade_HO_LED_Aquarium_Light_Super_Blue_10k_Lighting_Supplies_for_Saltwater_Reef_Aquariums_Nano_LED_Lights-WavePoint_Technology-ZP01407-FILTNL-vi.html&rk=1&uid=938828208&sid=2&ts=custom&rsc=GWwmxuZYzrZSs1%3aI&method=and&isort=score&view=grid

Im already looking for macros and live-plants is really impressive, getting the halimeda sampler, red sampler, ulva and C. Prolifera! Can't wait to start this :D (when they are in stock that is :P )

• Like 1