• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pgrVII

• gena

• Slowtwitch

• Merthynia

That's bad ass!

But how does that "habitat" not smell like swamp-ass?

I'm really meticulous about removing anything that may be waste and I run a fan to help keep stagnant air minimal

The cage is screen so it doesn't stagnate like a Glass one has the habit of doing

• Like 3

I'm really meticulous about removing anything that may be waste and I run a fan to help keep stagnant air minimal

What about all the moisture.......did I read something about a drip pan or something at some point?

• Like 2

What about all the moisture.......did I read something about a drip pan or something at some point?

Yes,it's under the cage just installed it today,my house has forced air so it's always really dry anyway so that helps.

The mist king will probably run 4 times a day for a minute each session,combined with his drinking fountain it's good. The new enclosure I am building soon will have an angled floor that runs into a drain pipe that'll drain into a 5 gallon bucket. :)

• Like 4

That new watering system rocks :happydance:.AJ is looking handsome, even when he sleeps :).

Yea he's a awesome lol. He's not 100% sold on the fountain yet,he sat in front if it for 5 minutes just staring at it lol.

Ow I know humidity sucks. Today wasn't to bad actually though.

That's true,you probably know better than most about humidity.
  • Like 2

Yea it's pretty boss crested princess I gotta say. Montane chameleons like it cool and wet so I gotta deliver

That new watering system rocks :happydance:.AJ is looking handsome, even when he sleeps :).

• Like 1

Catching some rays first thing in the morning :)

He sure is. Too cute :happy:.

Oh, I'll probably get my roaches today LOL. I received the dry goods yesterday. This means I need to run out to the store today and get a container for them plus another container to put that container in :).

• Like 2

He sure is. Too cute :happy:.

He's a show off lol. He usually will catch the rays from the uvb,drink,eat and then sit under the heat bulb,then wanders around. Probably gonna try to figure out the mysterious water machine lol

He sure is. Too cute :happy:.Oh, I'll probably get my roaches today LOL. I received the dry goods yesterday. This means I need to run out to the store today and get a container for them plus another container to put that container in :).

Hooray insects!!!! Lol. I just put my order in for the mist king last night. So let's hope that comes soon :) Also ordered a corner post for it to help keep it nice and neat on top the cage.

• Like 2

He's a show off lol. He usually will catch the rays from the uvb,drink,eat and then sit under the heat bulb,then wanders around. Probably gonna try to figure out the mysterious water machine lol

Hooray insects!!!! Lol. I just put my order in for the mist king last night. So let's hope that comes soon :) Also ordered a corner post for it to help keep it nice and neat on top the cage.

That's going to look nice! I'm even excited for the corner post LOL. I'm looking forward to seeing how you set it up....to give me ideas for the future!

• Like 1

That's going to look nice! I'm even excited for the corner post LOL. I'm looking forward to seeing how you set it up....to give me ideas for the future!

Absolutely! Reptile husbandry has become alot easier with the Internet that's for sure.

• Like 3

That's bad ass!

But how does that "habitat" not smell like swamp-ass?

I have a pool of water for my lizard cages bottom ( they live on the sticks) and that tank always has a swampy humid but not particularly unpleasant smell, unless someone dies in there, then there is an unpleasant odor especially when I am not home all day.
  • Like 1

If you clean it out regularly there isn't a smell. At least not with my geckos. I can tell when I've fed them crickets because the poop stinks the next day. Just have to clean it up. I use paper towels as the substrate so I just pull it right out. Very easy. Otherwise the cages have a foresty smell to them from the branches and natural materials in the tanks.

• Like 2