Top Shelf Aquatics

Zorak.

pgrVII

:wub: how ADORABLE! Will AJ be that green????? I love that color :wub:. Cool! How big is that?I was looking for a breeder female last night. Ended up finding a 21g that I think I can't live without! She's PINK! Well, she's called a red bi-color. But she looks pink. I would love to have her. But the cost is high and I really need a breeder.Screen%20Shot%202015-08-06%20at%209.38.1

I totally missed your question! What a dunce I am lol.

It's not huge about the size of maybe a large Fiji water bottle in looks like. Maybe a bit smaller

• Like 2
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pgrVII

• gena

• Slowtwitch

• Merthynia

I totally missed your question! What a dunce I am lol.

It's not huge about the size of maybe a large Fiji water bottle in looks like. Maybe a bit smaller

Wow, that is really nifty. I was expecting slower flowing water in it though.

• Like 2

Wow, that is really nifty. I was expecting slower flowing water in it though.

Yea it moves pretty quickly! It's probably hard to control flow with such a tight space and pump I'd imagine.

But will definitely help the chameleon recognize that it's the main source of drinking water

• Like 1

Yea it moves pretty quickly! It's probably hard to control flow with such a tight space and pump I'd imagine.

But will definitely help the chameleon recognize that it's the main source of drinking water

I'm sure he will enjoy it. He may even decide to take his own showers in it if it is big enough for him to feel supported! You truly have pimped his home out.

• Like 1

I'm sure he will enjoy it. He may even decide to take his own showers in it if it is big enough for him to feel supported! You truly have pimped his home out.

Well I will agree it's pimped out,it's actually standard husbandry practices for keeping chameleons,specifically a jacksons chameleon

And thanks! :D

• Like 2

I'm pretty sure you've taken the standard husbandry practices and taken them to the nth degree! Lol :happy:

I wish I could have gotten away with cheaper a bit but this is why I waited so long to get this chameleon,they require a lot more time and care than most lizards. Which equals more money lol.

• Like 3

I wish I could have gotten away with cheaper a bit but this is why I waited so long to get this chameleon,they require a lot more time and care than most lizards. Which equals more money lol.

What goes best with an expensive reefing hobby? An expensive chameleon hobby! :lol: Is his tummy pudgy from his feast earlier?

• Like 3

What goes best with an expensive reefing hobby? An expensive chameleon hobby! :lol: Is his tummy pudgy from his feast earlier?

Yea he's a pudgy little thing,luckily this weekend or Monday I have my dubia roaches coming in.

• Like 3

So incase you were wondering how to properly feed an Action Jackson....

20150806_212620_zps6msjifbo.jpg

That's a gourmet kitchen right there :).

That watering station is awesome! Smaller than I initially thought, thinking it was for showering. But actually a place to get a drink omgomgomg...that's a nifty gadget! Hey, I'm sure I miss questions too...don't feel bad :).

• Like 2

That's a gourmet kitchen right there :).That watering station is awesome! Smaller than I initially thought, thinking it was for showering. But actually a place to get a drink omgomgomg...that's a nifty gadget! Hey, I'm sure I miss questions too...don't feel bad :).

You may, but you're also the crested princess and easily action jacksons biggest follower so that's why it was important. :flower:

My order for Dubia roaches comes next week,you should look at them gena if you wanna do feeders combined with worms,they are easy,don't bite,can't jump,or climb smooth surfaces.

• Like 2

You may, but you're also the crested princess and easily action jacksons biggest follower so that's why it was important. :flower:

My order for Dubia roaches comes next week,you should look at them gena if you wanna do feeders combined with worms,they are easy,don't bite,can't jump,or climb smooth surfaces.

I do love AJ :). Well the thought of bringing roaches into the house though freaks me out a bit LOL. I fed some wax worms this week. They sure do love them! I think it may be enough as a treat and then just the crested gecko diet as the main source of food.
  • Like 2

I do love AJ :). Well the thought of bringing roaches into the house though freaks me out a bit LOL. I fed some wax worms this week. They sure do love them! I think it may be enough as a treat and then just the crested gecko diet as the main source of food.

I think you're absolutely right. I mainly fed mine the same kinda thing and used crickets 2 times a month. They are so easy to keep luckily.

Here's the water tray I ordered too.

6175_zpstpekhcv5.jpeg

• Like 2

I think you're absolutely right. I mainly fed mine the same kinda thing and used crickets 2 times a month. They are so easy to keep luckily.

Here's the water tray I ordered too.

6175_zpstpekhcv5.jpeg

Oh..that's nice! You have way more gadgetry to buy than me...lucky!
  • Like 1

Well yes and no lol its expensive keeping an action jackson

True :). Is breeding them very costly? Considering all the requirements for them, I'm going to guess yes.
  • Like 1

True :). Is breeding them very costly? Considering all the requirements for them, I'm going to guess yes.

Yes and difficult,if you look around there aren't many breeders of them,chameleons don't tolerate other chameleons well,even opposite sex,so you need two cages genrally. I will be looking more I to this more as I get a better handle on general husbandry.

• Like 1

Yes and difficult,if you look around there aren't many breeders of them,chameleons don't tolerate other chameleons well,even opposite sex,so you need two cages genrally. I will be looking more I to this more as I get a better handle on general husbandry.

Breeding seems to be the next step once you "master" the reptile as far as habitat and care. I had no intention of breeding crested geckos. But I just love them so much that I/we want to do that now. I'm sure you will be at that point with AJ someday too :).
  • Like 1