Pod Your Reef

Zorak.

pgrVII

Ok guys,decided that since I don't wanna pay and wait for a background that won't be super use able to action jackson I'd try this out instead ;)

I'll put this reptile carpet or a moss pad if i can find it in the rear wall to give it a jungle feel

096316700543C_zpsjyzqlukn.jpg

Then mount random pieces of mopani wood on the wall of random sizes and shapes,and add vines to intertwine them and give him path ways to walk though.

Ith-17_zpsjslywwz2.jpeg

This will be more function and cost less,as well as be completely custom :)

This to begin Sunday

• Like 4
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pgrVII

• gena

• Slowtwitch

• Merthynia

I have that foam background on one of my cages and I'm not a fan. It's hard to clean! This new idea looks/sounds great!

Yea I had it in my first exoterra,doesn't like to be moved and isn't functional for a chameleon.

So I just called Kris and looks like a trip to home depot this sunday,we decided on oak for the cage frame and cabinet under it. With a clear coat. The cabinet will hold 5 gallon bucket for the drain,the floor will have a small sink drain in the center and a 5 degree bow to it to help the water drain out. And another 5 gallon of rodi to feed the mist king,the pump will also be mounted on the side of the cabinet with a silicone mat to help prevent noise or vibrations while operating.

• Like 1

Yea I had it in my first exoterra,doesn't like to be moved and isn't functional for a chameleon.

So I just called Kris and looks like a trip to home depot this sunday,we decided on oak for the cage frame and cabinet under it. With a clear coat. The cabinet will hold 5 gallon bucket for the drain,the floor will have a small sink drain in the center and a 5 degree bow to it to help the water drain out. And another 5 gallon of rodi to feed the mist king,the pump will also be mounted on the side of the cabinet with a silicone mat to help prevent noise or vibrations while operating.

WOW! :happydance:
  • Like 1

WOW! :happydance:

Yea should come together pretty nice and for under 200 at that,including nice hardware for the handles for the door,which are glass and sides and top screen, the bottom will be a black rubber mat for easy clean up and water resistance.

• Like 2

Yea should come together pretty nice and for under 200 at that,including nice hardware for the handles for the door,which are glass and sides and top screen, the bottom will be a black rubber mat for easy clean up and water resistance.

That's an awesome price! DIY is really the way to go! I may ask my husband to build me something like that at some point. I won't mention it yet though LOL.
  • Like 1

It certainty is. I was looking at making an outdoor sun cage out of screen type fencing,silicone a plant and plastic planter dishes at the top and bottom of the wire so it'll be a tall tube cage for like 20 I can put him in to take him outside a few hours when weather is good

• Like 1

Where his little googly eyes going crazy?

How far can he shoot that tongue of his?

Yes they will move independent of eachother when he locks onto his food target they will lock forward like a gun turret. They tongue is approximately 1.5 longer then he is
  • Like 1

Yes they will move independent of eachother when he locks onto his food target they will lock forward like a gun turret. They tongue is approximately 1.5 longer then he is

Holy shit.....no wonder he's never lonely with the ladies.

• Like 4

Holy shit.....no wonder he's never lonely with the ladies.

Gotta have pets that are similar to owners hahaha (where's kat she needs to read this haha jk miss kat,you're to classy )

• Like 2

Action Jackson is in charge? Sweet omgomgomg

Hahaha well kinda, really my buddy Kris is,he's been a carpenter for 20 years almost. So the cabinet and cage were building is child's play for him.

He's the one who cut my acrylic for the tweaker.

• Like 1