• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pgrVII

• gena

• Slowtwitch

• Merthynia

Ok, so for diy reptarium, I'm gonna do the actual cage 24"x24"x36" not sure what wood type yet,kris and I will go over that tomorrow.

Lights will stay the same,fogger and probably a mist king sprayer, the back will be covered with zoo med background foam,with holes cut to put the fogger and mist king spray nozzles,through and covered with vines etc. And have the back drilled to run any cords through so it's clean. The top will be screen with an aluminum support bar to make sure the lights don't sag the screen. The sides will be mesh and the front probably glass to see through and hold humidity better.

The bottom will be plumbed possibly with a Slight angle down wards to direct water into a bucket underneath the cage for easy removal and another bucket or tub with fresh water to feed the pump for the misting system.

I'll probably tweak the design here and there as I go but that's the overall design

• Like 3

http://www.lllreptile.com/info/library/care-and-husbandry-articles/-/feeding-insectivorous-reptiles/

Gena, here's an interesting read on the nutrition of various insects,as I said earlier,I think your lovely cresties are fine obviously,it's just an interesting read.

Thanks for the link! I think I need a dedicated refrigerator for the cresties food. My main fridge is too cold for the waxworms. I need to get a gourmet kitchen going like yours :flower:.

Loved the video! That's awesome that your plant is growing so well for you! AJ is looking very happy :).

• Like 1

Thanks for the link! I think I need a dedicated refrigerator for the cresties food. My main fridge is too cold for the waxworms. I need to get a gourmet kitchen going like yours :flower:.Loved the video! That's awesome that your plant is growing so well for you! AJ is looking very happy :).

Thank you! :) yea it's poking along lol. He seems happy enough.

The roaches are going to be interesting tomorrow.

• Like 1

Thank you! :) yea it's poking along lol. He seems happy enough.

The roaches are going to be interesting tomorrow.

Take a picture of them tomorrow, I'm curious if I could handle the sight of them in my house LOL.
  • Like 3

Take a picture of them tomorrow, I'm curious if I could handle the sight of them in my house LOL.

They kind of look like the little potato bugs you'd find under rocks as a kid. I like them more than the crickets,they can't jump or climb smooth plastic surfaces. I got a bowl coming designed for them so they can't climb out. I'll keep them in a little plastic critter keeper in the lockable sterilite container so they stay well contained. Back up plan for escaped mass of insects? Release an army of cresties in the house lol.

• Like 1

They kind of look like the little potato bugs you'd find under rocks as a kid. I like them more than the crickets,they can't jump or climb smooth plastic surfaces. I got a bowl coming designed for them so they can't climb out. I'll keep them in a little plastic critter keeper in the lockable sterilite container so they stay well contained. Back up plan for escaped mass of insects? Release an army of cresties in the house lol.

I like the sound of that!

So I could handle something that looks like a roly poly bug. I always thought they were kinda cute :).

Bummed...that pink crestie I posted a photo of is now sold..and I didn't buy it :(. Oh well...wasn't meant to be. Next time I can't drag my feet LOL.

• Like 2

I like the sound of that!So I could handle something that looks like a roly poly bug. I always thought they were kinda cute :).Bummed...that pink crestie I posted a photo of is now sold..and I didn't buy it :(. Oh well...wasn't meant to be. Next time I can't drag my feet LOL.

It's ok I'll keep my eyes peeled for ya too gena. If I see something I'll shoot ya a pm with a link.

Yea they are really good feeders. You should look up horn worms,yhey are stupid expensive, if I order some when he's a bit bigger I'll priority a few to ya to see if yours like them.

Loaded with calcium and protein

• Like 1

The video is great. Never thought I'd say a reptile is a cutie. Might have to play the guitar on the next video, you know serenading a lizard is pretty cool too. :P

Haha I used to play guitar way back when I was still a younger cheerful version of myself lol. Now I just sing in the shower. Usually Johnny Cash

• Like 1

I think an NR Karaoke Mic night would be cool. Strictly audio. Hopefully people that sing terribly will do it. Like me. I can clear a room when I start singing. Yup.

I'm not sure how I'd do lol I sing alot but never in a crowd. I'd probably clear a room too,we could sing jackson by June carter and Johnny cash

• Like 2

I think an NR Karaoke Mic night would be cool. Strictly audio. Hopefully people that sing terribly will do it. Like me. I can clear a room when I start singing. Yup.

I refuse that you sing terribly, your voice could bring a man out of a coma :wub:

It's ok I'll keep my eyes peeled for ya too gena. If I see something I'll shoot ya a pm with a link.

Yea they are really good feeders. You should look up horn worms,yhey are stupid expensive, if I order some when he's a bit bigger I'll priority a few to ya to see if yours like them.

Loaded with calcium and protein

Oh please do!!!!! I know you are great at finding things people are looking for :). I'll look into horn worms. I posted a bunch of photos of my cresties in my thread :).

Ok...just looked them up! They are kinda cute and I like the color. Not sure I could feed them to the geckos LOL. But if they are nutritious then I could probably suck it up and do it :D. Wax worms are so much easier on me though...they just look like maggots LOL.

• Like 1

Oh please do!!!!! I know you are great at finding things people are looking for :). I'll look into horn worms. I posted a bunch of photos of my cresties in my thread :).Ok...just looked them up! They are kinda cute and I like the color. Not sure I could feed them to the geckos LOL. But if they are nutritious then I could probably suck it up and do it :D. Wax worms are so much easier on me though...they just look like maggots LOL.

Understood, I may look into mantis hatchings or mantids I think they're called. Like I said I'll look around for you,gotta be good for something,right?

• Like 1

Understood, I may look into mantis hatchings or mantids I think they're called. Like I said I'll look around for you,gotta be good for something,right?

Oh wow...they eat those too? I find babies around here all the time in the yard. They are cute too LOL.

And thanks for looking! :)

• Like 1

Oh wow...they eat those too? I find babies around here all the time in the yard. They are cute too LOL.And thanks for looking! :)

Yea they eat alot of things,small baby birds,anoles,snails.

You're welcome

• Like 1

I'm not sure how I'd do lol I sing alot but never in a crowd. I'd probably clear a room too,we could sing jackson by June carter and Johnny cash

if y'all been stalking my posts long enough you'll realize I am creator of several YouTube videos, and some of them have my talking, once you've heard my voice you'll probably realize why I'm not much a singer lol here is to make your search easier

Don't feel too bad of your crappy voices

• Like 2

Cool video,I don't see anything wrong with your voice. No worries buddy.

My singing voice I'm told isn't bad lol but i refuse any compliments thrown my way

Mostly cause I don't like myself haha

• Like 1

I refuse that you sing terribly, your voice could bring a man out of a coma :wub:

oh god!

if y'all been stalking my posts long enough you'll realize I am creator of several YouTube videos, and some of them have my talking, once you've heard my voice you'll probably realize why I'm not much a singer lol here is to make your search easier

Don't feel too bad of your crappy voices

I don;t have a crappy voice. I said I sing like a MOFO.

• Like 2