Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Zorak.

pgrVII

pretty cool the reason why that happens also, some of the expressed phenotypes are coming from incomplete dominant, and codominant genes, it gives extra variability in potential looks, but a huge amount of unpredictability compared to the dominant and recessive genes.

love those lizards, they look really healthy.

Thanks :). Good husbandry goes a long ways with these guys. I probably dote on them more than the average person LOL.
  • Like 3
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pgrVII

• gena

• Slowtwitch

• Merthynia

Thought I'd share a couple of photos of my two favorite juvenile cresties. Not sure what they weigh right now..I need to do that again. I have high hopes that these two will be females.

This is Vanilla Bean. She's an almost full pinstripe with a ton of cream on her :wub:

Screen%20Shot%202015-08-04%20at%2012.18.

and this is Scarlet. She's turning out to be a surprise red and cream crestie.

Screen%20Shot%202015-08-04%20at%2012.19.

Grabbed these two photos last night when I was feeding them :).

Wow Gena they are super cute. Let me know if/when you decide to sell any. My kids would go nuts for one (and my wife didn't say no to a panther chameleon either :-) )
  • Like 5

Thanks :). Good husbandry goes a long ways with these guys. I probably dote on them more than the average person LOL.

Hahaha nothing wrong with that

• Like 1

Wow Gena they are super cute. Let me know if/when you decide to sell any. My kids would go nuts for one (and my wife didn't say no to a panther chameleon either :-) )

I will let you know. They are a great pet for kids :).

Thanks, pgr, for allowing me to post about my cresties in here :flower:. I never joined a forum for them because I just don't have the online time to dedicate to another hobby. I can get my reptile fix in here too. I think we need more Jackson updates ;).

• Like 5

I will let you know. They are a great pet for kids :).Thanks, pgr, for allowing me to post about my cresties in here :flower:. I never joined a forum for them because I just don't have the online time to dedicate to another hobby. I can get my reptile fix in here too. I think we need more Jackson updates ;).

Well, I upgraded the bulb,it's alot bigger the uvb that is, so I need to get another dome fixture that's larger,I think I'm going to run both the 13w and 26 w to increase exposure to uvb I also switched to a 40w heat bulb to lower the basking site to a more comfortable 78 degrees, the bottom of the tank runs about 68. So I've achieved a good thermal gradient to his liking. Now I need to return thst pos water dripper and just make my own,wonder if Stevie T would.make a custom one for me :D

I'm also getting ready to start feeding Dubia roaches so that's neat.i also will order a magnetic feeding station for the roaches and worms so I don't have to hand feed. I'm also looking for horn worms,expensive like 35 for a dozen,but 33% calcium and loaded with protein,arguably other than the roaches the best feeders.

Hopefully when he's adult I can give him the occasional pinky and anoles :) cause I'm twisted like that

• Like 5

Also Gena,you're very very welcome,thank you for sharing on my page,action jackson and I are very honored to have the crested princess post here.

• Like 4

So many cute critters on this page! Gena, I love Vanilla Bean! :wub: PGR, the pics of AJ are cute in the shower. Was he able to finish his molt after his sprinke?

Mostly,I picked a few pieces off today and he was nice and green and with silver stripes,until I started trimming his plant and moving things around lol. Got a Lil cranky. Chameleons : the original mood rung haha

• Like 1

Oh, that sounds pretty for sure. Or since he is a guy...handsome? :lol: I bet that plant loves the climate you've created for him.

I hope so lol its been not quite a week so hard to tell,still in honeymoon phase

• Like 2

Well, I upgraded the bulb,it's alot bigger the uvb that is, so I need to get another dome fixture that's larger,I think I'm going to run both the 13w and 26 w to increase exposure to uvb I also switched to a 40w heat bulb to lower the basking site to a more comfortable 78 degrees, the bottom of the tank runs about 68. So I've achieved a good thermal gradient to his liking. Now I need to return thst pos water dripper and just make my own,wonder if Stevie T would.make a custom one for me :D

I'm also getting ready to start feeding Dubia roaches so that's neat.i also will order a magnetic feeding station for the roaches and worms so I don't have to hand feed. I'm also looking for horn worms,expensive like 35 for a dozen,but 33% calcium and loaded with protein,arguably other than the roaches the best feeders.

Hopefully when he's adult I can give him the occasional pinky and anoles :) cause I'm twisted like that

That magnetic feeding station sounds nice! Reading about all of this gets me excited for my gecko room I will have someday :). It's going to be a cheerful room with lots of natural light!

WOW...$35/dozen!!!! That's love :).

20150805_104018_zpsjjcvgwfc_edit_1438785

20150805_104006_zpssqlh7fkj_edit_1438785

A few pics to update,pretty sure the lighting he has could grow some coral too lol.

I bet! When I set up the cage for our first gecko, I had live plants and I used the cheap LED light I had been using for my picotope. So I KNOW it could grow coral :lol:.
  • Like 2

That magnetic feeding station sounds nice! Reading about all of this gets me excited for my gecko room I will have someday :). It's going to be a cheerful room with lots of natural light!WOW...$35/dozen!!!! That's love :). I bet! When I set up the cage for our first gecko, I had live plants and I used the cheap LED light I had been using for

my picotope. So I KNOW it could grow coral :lol:.

I love planted tanks,I'm about to go to a really bad ass pet store that has a big fake tree in it that has glass tanks for their animals for sale fixed into the tree! I'll take pictures of it. AJ is being a finicky little shit and not eating today,I think he's tired of worms and crickets so I'm headed to get some extras today for him.

35 a dozen is pretty lovey,a room is definitely love haha I can't wait to see that.

If I ever get a large basement in the next house I think I may try my skill at a dwarf caiman (female) so I can say I've kept just about every variety of reptile/amphibian. Plus,I love their toothy grin. They even make a prepared pellet diet for them now.

I don't imagine there isn't a room that isn't happy in y'alls house Gena.

• Like 2

I love planted tanks,I'm about to go to a really bad ass pet store that has a big fake tree in it that has glass tanks for their animals for sale fixed into the tree! I'll take pictures of it. AJ is being a finicky little shit and not eating today,I think he's tired of worms and crickets so I'm headed to get some extras today for him.

35 a dozen is pretty lovey,a room is definitely love haha I can't wait to see that.

If I ever get a large basement in the next house I think I may try my skill at a dwarf caiman (female) so I can say I've kept just about every variety of reptile/amphibian. Plus,I love their toothy grin. They even make a prepared pellet diet for them now.

I don't imagine there isn't a room that isn't happy in y'alls house Gena.

That tree sounds awesome! I bet it's something like the fake tree we have at our public library. It's in the children's section and it's a full-size tree! If I remember right it has books hanging from it :D. Definitely take photos! Wish I had a nice reptile store here to go to. We had one, but they closed up. Now they just do online.

Can you cuddle with a caiman? LOL That would be something. What do they eat? Rats? Rabbits? I worked at a pet store about 20 years ago and I always steered clear of the reptile section. I just couldn't handle the live feeding part. They didn't have crested geckos at that time. I remember thinking the anoles were kinda cute.

• Like 2

That tree sounds awesome! I bet it's something like the fake tree we have at our public library. It's in the children's section and it's a full-size tree! If I remember right it has books hanging from it :D. Definitely take photos! Wish I had a nice reptile store here to go to. We had one, but they closed up. Now they just do online.

Can you cuddle with a caiman? LOL That would be something. What do they eat? Rats? Rabbits? I worked at a pet store about 20 years ago and I always steered clear of the reptile section. I just couldn't handle the live feeding part. They didn't have crested geckos at that time. I remember thinking the anoles were kinda cute.

Yea cresties as you probably know are more of a thing of the last decade or so. Well to get them readily anyways. Caiman will eat fish and frogs,rodents etc,although like snakes,I would advise frozen food to avoid injuring the reptile. Mice and rats are super capable of harming the pet with those claws and teeth. In some cases if the live prey isn't taken for a while,they may choose to start gnawing on the reptile, more so snakes,due to hunger and not having any food

I dunno, they may cuddle lol probably not though, I'll give it a try,mom always said I was grown out of the earth haha.

• Like 2

Yea cresties as you probably know are more of a thing of the last decade or so. Well to get them readily anyways. Caiman will eat fish and frogs,rodents etc,although like snakes,I would advise frozen food to avoid injuring the reptile. Mice and rats are super capable of harming the pet with those claws and teeth. In some cases if the live prey isn't taken for a while,they may choose to start gnawing on the reptile, more so snakes,due to hunger and not having any food

I dunno, they may cuddle lol probably not though, I'll give it a try,mom always said I was grown out of the earth haha.

Yep...they were thought extinct!

If anyone you could cuddle with a caiman it's you :). I love that..."grown out of the earth". You are a neat guy Patrick :).

https://www.pangeareptile.com/store/#/product/30879

Gena,you have one of these^

Got one today, wasn't able to get a good pic of the tree they were maintaining the cages.

Also got a nice dripper,and flightless fruit flies.

Which thing? Takes me to the pangea homepage. I do have 2 of their cresties. My breeder female and another male.

So action jacksons hunger strike is over ,I counted him eating 30 fruit flies.

Wonder if they taste like bananas or apples or peaches or mangoes...hmmmmmm. :D

• Like 3

Yep...they were thought extinct!

If anyone you could cuddle with a caiman it's you :). I love that..."grown out of the earth". You are a neat guy Patrick :).

Which thing? Takes me to the pangea homepage. I do have 2 of their cresties. My breeder female and another male.

Wonder if they taste like bananas or apples or peaches or mangoes...hmmmmmm. :D

Oh crud muffins! Here it is :)

IMG_0613-800_zpsgxxwyddm.jpg

It's really awesome,the magnets are very strong and you can add a 3rd if you have a heavy reptile.

I also got a dripper today but not really sold on it gotta play around more with it,honestly the fogger drips pretty good during the day but I like gadgets for husbandry.

Well thanks Gena! That maybe one of the nicest things someone has said about me before :blush:

Hmmm I dunno that's a good question I'm gonna say probably peaches cause they're my favorite.

And you're pretty neat too. (Don't let braaap see that lol.)

• Like 2

Oh crud muffins! Here it is :)

IMG_0613-800_zpsgxxwyddm.jpg

It's really awesome,the magnets are very strong and you can add a 3rd if you have a heavy reptile.

I also got a dripper today but not really sold on it gotta play around more with it,honestly the fogger drips pretty good during the day but I like gadgets for husbandry.

Well thanks Gena! That maybe one of the nicest things someone has said about me before :blush:

Hmmm I dunno that's a good question I'm gonna say probably peaches cause they're my favorite.

And you're pretty neat too. (Don't let braaap see that lol.)

YES, I have a bunch! Love those feeder ledges. I have the regular ledges too for resting. They work great! All of my big cages for the adults have those :). I like that I can pull them off the glass and the outside magnets will stay LOL. Must be the rubber is sticky on the magnets or something. Have you noticed that?

I love gadgets too. Some day maybe I'll have an automatic misting system.

And thanks :flower:.

• Like 1

Totally went tub shopping in the dolly aisle today at target.....

Hahaha awesome! Action Jackson is a man of fine things ;)

YES, I have a bunch! Love those feeder ledges. I have the regular ledges too for resting. They work great! All of my big cages for the adults have those :). I like that I can pull them off the glass and the outside magnets will stay LOL. Must be the rubber is sticky on the magnets or something. Have you noticed that?

I love gadgets too. Some day maybe I'll have an automatic misting system.

And thanks :flower:.

Of course! Anytime the crested princess (my auto text interprets that name now haha)

Yes they are sticky it seem,I thought tunze magnets were strong,boy howdy pangea has it right! I feel pretty good that AJ sleeps completely out in the open at night in plain view he must feel safe. That's a good accomplishment in chameleon keeping.

Where is this going?

Wherever the wind blows it harry haha
  • Like 2