Top Shelf Aquatics

Zorak.

pgrVII

Breeding seems to be the next step once you "master" the reptile as far as habitat and care. I had no intention of breeding crested geckos. But I just love them so much that I/we want to do that now. I'm sure you will be at that point with AJ someday too :).

I hope so lol. We will see. My rodi unit has been nice for all the water he needs

• Like 2
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pgrVII

• gena

• Slowtwitch

• Merthynia

I hope so lol. We will see. My rodi unit has been nice for all the water he needs

Yes, same here! We use the RODI for fish, beer making, and crested geckos LOL.
  • Like 2

20150807_204334_zpsqiyyzljf_edit_1438994Everyone's favorite pose it seems lol Action Jackson sleeping

He just looks so adorable and happy when he is curled up like that. I'm not quite sure why, but it is certainly my favorite pose of him

• Like 2

He just looks so adorable and happy when he is curled up like that. I'm not quite sure why, but it is certainly my favorite pose of him

He's a cute one lol there's no doubting that mam

• Like 2

In the case of a chameleon, Madagascar, or any area of Africa or the like,basically not north America lol.

ahhhh. So if you bred this chameleon with another chameleon, would the babies be considered new world or not old world? Or does it go by lineage?
  • Like 1

ahhhh. So if you bred this chameleon with another chameleon, would the babies be considered new world or not old world? Or does it go by lineage?

By lineage,it's more a grouping as where they naturally hail from. However, Hawaii has a that had got released inadvertently so they reproduce there and have for a long time. Mine probably came from Hawaii. But still considered "old world" even having many lineages from Hawaii.

In a few years I will take a shot at breeding mine.

• Like 2

Chameleons are so cool, definitely going to own one sometime in the future.

In your experience are they good holding lizards? Or do they stress easily?

• Like 1

Great pics man!

Thanks Jack! He just got in from somewhere,didn't ask him where though lol. ;)

Chameleons are so cool, definitely going to own one sometime in the future.

In your experience are they good holding lizards? Or do they stress easily?

No,chams don't like being handled,just by their nature they are solitary creatures, other animals and chams will stress them,females typically see housed separately from males. Some chameleons will handle being handled more then others but that is pending the personality of the chameleon.
  • Like 2

Thanks Jack! He just got in from somewhere,didn't ask him where though lol. ;)

Wise man.

It is in our best interest not to know where he decides to go.

:ninja:

• Like 1

Wise man.

It is in our best interest not to know where he decides to go.

:ninja:

Yea buddy,everyone would think I bought him and what not,the reality is,I bought his plane ticket for him and moved him in here.
  • Like 3

You may, but you're also the crested princess and easily action jacksons biggest follower so that's why it was important. :flower:

My order for Dubia roaches comes next week,you should look at them gena if you wanna do feeders combined with worms,they are easy,don't bite,can't jump,or climb smooth surfaces.

where did you order the roaches from?

In the case of a chameleon, Madagascar, or any area of Africa or the like,basically not north America lol.

but all true chameleons are old world lizards.
  • Like 1

where did you order the roaches from? but all true chameleons are old world lizards.

You are correct,anoles aren't really chams.

I ordered them from LLL reptile. 19.99 for 100 with a 10% overcount.

Free shipping!

I also got rid of the dome light I was using for the uvb light this morning and exchanged it and the bulb out for a 20" zoo med t8 fixture that has a 18" 5.0 tropical bulb in it.

• Like 1