ReefCleaners.org

Zorak.

pgrVII

It certainty is. I was looking at making an outdoor sun cage out of screen type fencing,silicone a plant and plastic planter dishes at the top and bottom of the wire so it'll be a tall tube cage for like 20 I can put him in to take him outside a few hours when weather is good

What's the highest temperature they can handle? Crested geckos are only like 82 and then trouble starts! It was 104 here yesterday and today is a repeat! Thank God for A/C!
  • Like 1
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pgrVII

• gena

• Slowtwitch

• Merthynia

What's the highest temperature they can handle? Crested geckos are only like 82 and then trouble starts! It was 104 here yesterday and today is a repeat! Thank God for A/C!

Jackson's prefer similar to cresties, no more thst 85 for adults. With low in the tank Temps of low 70,at night even low 60 is ok.

Where's the construction pics?

Just got back from Lowe's my buddy is busy with family junk till 5

So I bought a cabinet to speed the process up

20150816_114200_zpsoqkknntd.jpg

20150816_114200_zpsoqkknntd.jpg

20150816_160806_zpsfldiasuh.jpg

• Like 3

Does his lair rest atop the cabinet?

Yes,we just got done plumbing the drain down into a home depot bucket. Now adding a rubber base to keep all water contained then putting linoleum over it to give a finished look

• Like 1

Looking great so far

Should be finished this week. Not gonna stain it,matches the cabinets upstairs,plus the less chemicals the better

20150816_233302_zps7i4vqr1p.jpg

Also,gonna add some 1/4" ply to the sides to finish it out

• Like 4

Should be finished this week. Not gonna stain it,matches the cabinets upstairs,plus the less chemicals the better 20150816_233302_zps7i4vqr1p.jpg

Also,gonna add some 1/4" ply to the sides to finish it out

Damn.

You don't #### around man!

Looks great, smokey!

• Like 1

Damn.

You don't #### around man!

Looks great, smokey!

Thanks brother jack,it's getting there :)

Just a few more things and it'll be ready to rock and roll.

Stands 6'3" overall, cage is 24x24x36

Thanks brother jack,it's getting there :)

Just a few more things and it'll be ready to rock and roll.

Stands 6'3" overall, cage is 24x24x36

With all the mist and water, you sure you don't want to protect the wood/paint it? I don't know anything about reptile cages, but from your videos I can see that there is a LOT of water involved!

The wood will be sealed with butchers Block sealer,no stains just a sealer,everything above the cabinet will be sealed.

With all the mist and water, you sure you don't want to protect the wood/paint it? I don't know anything about reptile cages, but from your videos I can see that there is a LOT of water involved!

• Like 1

That turned out GREAT!

Hey, did your roaches show up with any dry goods you purchased? My dry goods arrived last week but the roaches didn't. The note said they would arrived separately. I'm assuming they have held off due to the 100+ degree weather we've been having. I'll give them a call or drop them an email today :).

That turned out GREAT!Hey, did your roaches show up with any dry goods you purchased? My dry goods arrived last week but the roaches didn't. The note said they would arrived separately. I'm assuming they have held off due to the 100+ degree weather we've been having. I'll give them a call or drop them an email today :).

Yea they showed up first,but it was cooler out then,usually over 90 I think they won't ship them so there isn't a hassle with doas.

• Like 1