SaltCritters.com

The Pastel Garden: Drop-Off

gena

Yesterday I spent over an hour, maybe two, looking at the new tank and doing some rock configurations. I have 3 rocks that came with the tank. Decided to do some demolition with one of the rocks. Wasn't able to get anything I liked out of it. So I have two rocks still in tact. Finally after much trial and error, a simple move was the ticket. I don't want to give too much away so I'll leave it at that. But I'm very excited to get things going on this. Hopefully everything I want to transfer will work with what I came up with fingerscrossed.

Picture for the new page....

Toadstool is looking super cute this morning :). And the little pink hippo just barely made it in the shot too! Bottom right.

Screen%20Shot%202016-09-16%20at%2010.23.

• Like 13

I just got caught up - I'm so jealous of everyone that got to go to MACNA, and I can't wait to see how you scape the new dropoff tank.

That toadstool is adorable. I want one for myself B)

• Like 2

I just got caught up - I'm so jealous of everyone that got to go to MACNA, and I can't wait to see how you scape the new dropoff tank.

That toadstool is adorable. I want one for myself B)

You should definitely go if you ever get the chance :). It is a full weekend and you totally get your money's worth with the price of admission.

This new toadstool is pretty neat! I like it better than the long polyp I picked up a few months ago. They are definitely two different types..this one has the little flower polyps that open while my other is more just long spikes. I wish maintaining tanks wasn't so much work...I'd have more than one tank. One for leathers, one for anemones, one mixed reef, etc. :)

• Like 4

I am so excited to see what you do with this new tank. New tanks are so full of possibilities that it just allows the imagination to soar. Sometimes what we already have is just too 'real', ha ha!

• Like 1

I am so excited to see what you do with this new tank. New tanks are so full of possibilities that it just allows the imagination to soar. Sometimes what we already have is just too 'real', ha ha!

Me too!!!! I'm so anxious to get this going :). I think this week we are going to dedicate all of Saturday to getting the stand started/done. This past weekend was just too full. But this coming weekend we are insisting on not doing anything but just staying home and getting this build going fingerscrossed. And hopefully my painter is back from Utah and can get started on the living room so I can move everything over! There is so much I need to do and so much time sitting around (dreaming) waiting to do it LOL.

• Like 8

We all can't wait to see it. I am certainly wondering what color the stand is going to be. The last one was such a pretty color. But of course have no idea what color the tank is either.

• Like 1

We all can't wait to see it. I am certainly wondering what color the stand is going to be. The last one was such a pretty color. But of course have no idea what color the tank is either.

The tank is white so I'm going with a solid white stand. And a white light fixture to match :).

This is gonna be awesome. :happydance:

I hope so! It's pretty sweet in my head LOL.

I can't wait! :scarry:

But I like your new avatar :)

haha...you look like me :scarry:.

Thanks! Every now and then I need to change it up!

I hate to see the 20L go! I'm excited to see what you do with the new tank though. I love those drop-offs!

Also, gimme dat long polyp leather!!

I really like the 20 long but I've decided I like a cube shape better. I'm looking forward to the change up. No way...that's my long polyp leather :P. I can frag it one day for you though :flower:.

• Like 1

I am thinking about getting this for a new stand, that way I can roll it around and finally see in my rear chamber so I can keep it cleaner,

They say it will hold the weight necessary.

4gqcz8.jpg

• Like 3

I am thinking about getting this for a new stand, that way I can roll it around and finally see in my rear chamber so I can keep it cleaner,

They say it will hold the weight necessary.

4gqcz8.jpg

That's pretty cool! Those wheels will be handy! My husband designed my stand at work today...he sent me a sketch of it. It's just a column with one hidden door. So I assume that means no hardware showing. Very modern looking which is what I want. Nothing fancy.

excited to see how the new tank looks once its full of pretties!

Me too omgomgomg. I can hardly stand it :lol:.

At MACNA I forgot to ask Stevie T for the secret GFY stickers for the Nano-Reefers. Well....he was nice enough to mail some out. I was expecting one!!! Score!!!!

Screen%20Shot%202016-09-19%20at%206.35.0

I'll stick them on the inside of my tank stand ;).

• Like 5

That's pretty cool! Those wheels will be handy! My husband designed my stand at work today...he sent me a sketch of it. It's just a column with one hidden door. So I assume that means no hardware showing. Very modern looking which is what I want. Nothing fancy.

Me too omgomgomg. I can hardly stand it :lol:.

At MACNA I forgot to ask Stevie T for the secret GFY stickers for the Nano-Reefers. Well....he was nice enough to mail some out. I was expecting one!!! Score!!!!

Screen%20Shot%202016-09-19%20at%206.35.0

I'll stick them on the inside of my tank stand ;).

Well let's see the sketch!

My GFY sticker needed to be seen stuck it on my Ranger for the world to see

054B4E25-BF20-436D-BE7E-5BCF3E3F198B_zps

• Like 6

Well let's see the sketch!

My GFY sticker needed to be seen stuck it on my Ranger for the world to see

The sketch is just a column with some dimensions written on it. You really don't want to see it LOL.

hahaha....that doesn't surprise me to see on your truck :flower:. Hey...saw your photo with your son at the reefs.com prop booth. Why haven't you posted those in the lounge? LOL They sent an email the other day with everyone that did the props. Was interesting to see ;).

Ok....in my typical fashion, I decided to do something and implemented it within 24 hours :lol:. I decided to get out of the crested gecko business. Several reasons why. The biggest was the cats. They were constantly harassing them. Second, I just wasn't cut out for breeding them. It was fun waiting for the babies to hatch. That's the best part...finding a baby in the incubator. But then you have to care for those babies and all the adults and juveniles. It's a lot of work everyday. Honestly, I think people with hundreds of geckos don't care for them daily. I don't see how they can and not get burned out. Even if they are the biggest fan of these adorable animals. I'm not like that. I can't say I'm too tired. So I do it. And I get burned out. I have no regrets though. It was a ton of fun while I did it. I sold off all geckos yesterday and got everything cleaned up. Actually a local breeder took about 9 from me and is going to sell them online for me since she is shipping weekly and she loves doing it. She'll take a commission and I'll still end up getting more for them than I did locally. So I just have to get the cages out which one guy that bought geckos from me yesterday, is going to pick up next week. We did keep two geckos. Our two originals :wub:.

• Like 6

The sketch is just a column with some dimensions written on it. You really don't want to see it LOL.hahaha....that doesn't surprise me to see on your truck :flower:. Hey...saw your photo with your son at the reefs.com prop booth. Why haven't you posted those in the lounge? LOL They sent an email the other day with everyone that did the props. Was interesting to see ;).Ok....in my typical fashion, I decided to do something and implemented it within 24 hours :lol:. I decided to get out of the crested gecko business. Several reasons why. The biggest was the cats. They were constantly harassing them. Second, I just wasn't cut out for breeding them. It was fun waiting for the babies to hatch. That's the best part...finding a baby in the incubator. But then you have to care for those babies and all the adults and juveniles. It's a lot of work everyday. Honestly, I think people with hundreds of geckos don't care for them daily. I don't see how they can and not get burned out. Even if they are the biggest fan of these adorable animals. I'm not like that. I can't say I'm too tired. So I do it. And I get burned out. I have no regrets though. It was a ton of fun while I did it. I sold off all geckos yesterday and got everything cleaned up. Actually a local breeder took about 9 from me and is going to sell them online for me since she is shipping weekly and she loves doing it. She'll take a commission and I'll still end up getting more for them than I did locally. So I just have to get the cages out which one guy that bought geckos from me yesterday, is going to pick up next week. We did keep two geckos. Our two originals :wub:.

Sometimes you have to do something to know that it is too labor intensive. That is how breeding seahorses were for me, so I understand completely how you feel. You are wise to know your limits and sell the animals before either you or they got sick. I applaud you because I know it can be hard when you get attached.

• Like 2

Sometimes you have to do something to know that it is too labor intensive. That is how breeding seahorses were for me, so I understand completely how you feel. You are wise to know your limits and sell the animals before either you or they got sick. I applaud you because I know it can be hard when you get attached.

Yep...had to try it to know it wasn't for me :).

You're such a tease!

:(. I thought about you when I was selling off my babies. Well, all hope is not lost. I have one female that has been bred but so far hasn't given me any fertile eggs. If she does, I'll hatch them out for you and your daughter :). Oh...one of the guys I sold to yesterday was from Ventura, if I'm remembering correctly. He said there are no reptile shops there so he and his buddy are opening one up. I'll let you know the name and location when they open. Might be really convenient for you. And you'll see my former geckos there too :D.

I sympathize about the geckos! It's important to recognize when it's just not fun anymore because it's old news and too much work.

I just overwhelmed myself. I was at 51 geckos :wacko:. With more eggs still to hatch. I never missed a day of care except for MACNA weekend when they were on their own for one day :). That one day was really nice :lol:.

I'm kind of excited that I'll have a spare room that can be used as a guest room instead of filled with reptiles. The latter just does not sound appealing to me LOL.

Got my water change done today since my day was too full yesterday. Did a big trim on the gorgonian which has been crowded, not getting enough flow, and growing algae on it. Have I mentioned how anxious I am to set up the new tank???? We are going to build the stand this weekend :happydance:.

• Like 3

Yep...had to try it to know it wasn't for me :). :(. I thought about you when I was selling off my babies. Well, all hope is not lost. I have one female that has been bred but so far hasn't given me any fertile eggs. If she does, I'll hatch them out for you and your daughter :). Oh...one of the guys I sold to yesterday was from Ventura, if I'm remembering correctly. He said there are no reptile shops there so he and his buddy are opening one up. I'll let you know the name and location when they open. Might be really convenient for you. And you'll see my former geckos there too :D. I just overwhelmed myself. I was at 51 geckos :wacko:. With more eggs still to hatch. I never missed a day of care except for MACNA weekend when they were on their own for one day :). That one day was really nice :lol:.I'm kind of excited that I'll have a spare room that can be used as a guest room instead of filled with reptiles. The latter just does not sound appealing to me LOL.Got my water change done today since my day was too full yesterday. Did a big trim on the gorgonian which has been crowded, not getting enough flow, and growing algae on it. Have I mentioned how anxious I am to set up the new tank???? We are going to build the stand this weekend :happydance:.

I was just teasing you about all the secret tank teasing lack of information you've been not sharing while sharing.

:^ )

• Like 2

I was just teasing you about all the secret tank teasing lack of information you've been not sharing while sharing.

:^ )

Oh!!!! I thought you were talking about me selling out geckos before you could get one! Have I been a tank tease??? :lol: I just want to get this thing up and going already :).

Oh hey, I love your tank. :flower:

Hi, lani :flower:. You'll have to check back in when it's transferred to the new IM Drop-off tank!!!!
  • Like 3

Oh!!!! I thought you were talking about me selling out geckos before you could get one! Have I been a tank tease??? :lol: I just want to get this thing up and going already :).

Hi, lani :flower:. You'll have to check back in when it's transferred to the new IM Drop-off tank!!!!

Gena the tank tease :lol:

• Like 2