Innovative Marine Aquariums

The Pastel Garden: Drop-Off

gena

So I gave up on painting my cabinets :lol:. Too difficult for me who has little patience with painting to begin with :wacko:. I got a name of a painter from a friend. There's no way I can do a good job painting my cabinets. I'm gonna leave it to the professionals :).

• Like 6

So I gave up on painting my cabinets :lol:. Too difficult for me who has little patience with painting to begin with :wacko:. I got a name of a painter from a friend. There's no way I can do a good job painting my cabinets. I'm gonna leave it to the professionals :).

almost read that as you wont paint the cabinets at all! glad it's still happening.

• Like 1

Haha good for you!

That fox coral is ridiculous! Looks awesome. Love the look of the tank, so much fluffy colorful coral!

Do you have a video of this tank somewhere in this thread? If not you should make one. I'm sure the movement in this tank is fantastic

• Like 1

almost read that as you wont paint the cabinets at all! glad it's still happening.

It's for sure happening, right now I have some painted and some not and in the right lighting you can tell the difference LOL. Just a matter of when. I guess it depends on the guy's schedule. Hopefully soon and hopefully it doesn't take long. I'm tired of having a kitchen in disarray :).

Haha good for you!

That fox coral is ridiculous! Looks awesome. Love the look of the tank, so much fluffy colorful coral!

Do you have a video of this tank somewhere in this thread? If not you should make one. I'm sure the movement in this tank is fantastic

I do have a video but it's a few months old now and there has since been a growth explosion. I'll have to make another! This one is from over 3 months ago:

I have some leathers shedding right now and my gorgonian is almost constantly in shedding mode (it's becoming a challenge) so if I can get everyone open and happy at the same time, I'll make a video :).

Ugh....last week of summer break :tears:. We are NOT ready to go back to the old grind. It's also kind of depressing because my son will be a junior this year. Only one more year after this one :tears:. This mom isn't handling it well even now...I can't imagine how I'll be on the day he graduates. Or the first day of senior year, for that matter LOL.

• Like 7

Still looking great, as always.

Not ready for school either. Senior and Freshman in high school, but at least on the same schedule now. Summer flew by. :(

• Like 1

Still looking great, as always.

Not ready for school either. Senior and Freshman in high school, but at least on the same schedule now. Summer flew by. :(

Ugh...it's almost Thursday :tears:. I hate the end of "summer" LOL.

Thanks, Mark :flower:.

I grabbed some photos today right before my water change. This is with all flow off. I was able to grab some top downs too. I don't think I've shown any of those yet. It's ridiculously difficult to get a good shot with the razor.

Screen%20Shot%202016-08-10%20at%206.50.4

Screen%20Shot%202016-08-10%20at%206.57.2

Screen%20Shot%202016-08-10%20at%206.50.1

Screen%20Shot%202016-08-10%20at%206.53.1

Screen%20Shot%202016-08-10%20at%206.52.3

Screen%20Shot%202016-08-10%20at%206.56.2

Screen%20Shot%202016-08-10%20at%206.50.5

• Like 9

looking good!

Thanks!

I just love that Fox coral and the trumpets. I have the trumpets, need to seriously think about getting a fox coral.

The fox is really happy. And super easy to care for. I don't think it eats unless it grabs some mysis when I'm feeding the anemone crab that lives in it. Maybe he feeds it :D. It's a cool coral for sure!

I tried, I could not get good pics either. Your head on shots are the bomb though!!

Thanks :). The razor on my cube was easy peasy to take pics of but this 20L is a challenge. The light covers most of the top so that's what makes it more difficult. Totally more glare and I can't get under the light easily. Ah well :).

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I guess I should update my thread since it's been a week :). When you get past a year, and are in a groove and not adding anything, it gets a bit boring for updates LOL. Here's a picture I posted on Instagram today. My clownies doing their clowny thing :happy:.

Screen%20Shot%202016-08-19%20at%2011.55.

I thought they were looking like a cute couple :).

Finally Friday. TGIF :happydance:

• Like 8
Nano sapiens

Everything is looks very nice and fuffy-puffy-pillowy-like :)

When you get past a year, and are in a groove and not adding anything, it gets a bit boring for updates LOL.

I had to chuckle a bit as I can relate to that comment :)

• Like 2

Thanks you guys :). Maybe I should change my tank title to The Fluffy Garden :lol:.

My painter came by yesterday to prep for painting :happydance:. He'll be back tomorrow to prime. And then I should have pictures, middle to end of the week, for those of you who wanted to see the kitchen completed :).

• Like 3

Thanks you guys :). Maybe I should change my tank title to The Fluffy Garden :lol:.My painter came by yesterday to prep for painting :happydance:. He'll be back tomorrow to prime. And then I should have pictures, middle to end of the week, for those of you who wanted to see the kitchen completed :).

Tank looks great as always......so, let's see that kitchen!

• Like 2

Tank looks great as always......so, let's see that kitchen!

Not yet :). I want it to be done before the pictures! Soon though.

P.S. Sancho and I are sad you won't be going to MACNA to hang out with us ;).

• Like 3

We'd like to see Before and after Pics ;)

Alright, for you :). The painter just showed up. Thank god he's a cat lover LOL.

Screen%20Shot%202016-08-22%20at%209.57.1

He's just painting the cabinets, ceiling, and trim work. And I'm getting new cabinet door handles/pulls and then new curtains will be going up. I guess it won't look too much different from this picture because the new paint will be a white shade. But the wall color is new. I did that. It was a green shade. My husband and son like this neutral color a ton better. And I do too :).

• Like 6

Awesome :)

Love that "Retro" Wall Phone and the Kitty Cat Clock! B)

Not to mention the Kitty as well.

Thanks! I have a retro stove too :). It's cobalt blue and from the 50s! I love retro elements but I like the modern stuff too. I guess we have an eclectic style. The next thing is new counter tops!

The cats are all over the place in there. I told him if he needs me to remove them just let me know. He said, OH NO...I'm enjoying them! He has 3 cats of his own :).

The nice thing about this is I don't have to remove anything. He does it all :happydance:. I'm just sitting back and wasting my day on the computer. He just left to get a couple of more paint samples for me.

• Like 2

There is a lot to be said about "Eclectic" Tastes :) Like me and Music. I am Weird in many people's eyes...lol! I Don't care.

I Love to here Old Jazz (20's and 30's) Blues, Big Band, 50's, 60's (Including Folk Rock),Protest Music, Classic Rock, 70's, 80's.

Cultural...I might be able to go on.

Regarding stuff like u have, ur stove from the 50's, Stuff was built to last back iin those days....Looks Nice, however with modern tech, I wonder if u might save $ with

new burners? (Electric) Unless it's Gas.

• Like 1