Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

The Pastel Garden: Drop-Off

gena

I am just catching up Gena and your tank look gourgeous as usual. I can't believe that you have had such hot weather, I was cold in northern CA. I think our entire trip was in that small band of cold jet stream because we had wind and cool temps 3/4s of our trip, ha ha!

• Like 1

Yeah, clowns, so territorial. Geez.

Have the rest of the eggs hatched yet? I think you showed us 2 had so far.

Not yet. I have 8 in waiting :). The next soonest to hatch are currently at 63 days which is totally enough time for them to be ready to hatch. Most have been going about 90 days but with this crazy heat I don't expect these to last that long. The last two that hatched are doing great. My favorite of the two is absolutely stunning. I'll have to get another photo of him/her. The coloring and pattern are fantastic. My favorite of the 4 that have hatched so far.

The 'putty-and-glue' typically works really well to keep things in place. Good luck!

I got more glue and SUCCESS :D. The gorgonian hasn't moved in almost 24 hours LOL.

I am just catching up Gena and your tank look gourgeous as usual. I can't believe that you have had such hot weather, I was cold in northern CA. I think our entire trip was in that small band of cold jet stream because we had wind and cool temps 3/4s of our trip, ha ha!

Thanks, Dawn!!!! Yep...it's been a scorcher so far. My electric and water bill arrived yesterday :wacko:. I am now consciously trying to conserve water/power even more than normal!!!! There are always ways to cut back and with the threat of power outages I need to do my part. I'd be in trouble if we lost power on one of these hot days. I'd be scrambling for sure.

Cool (70s) sounds nice right about now. A nice ocean breeze :happy:. But I'm weird and enjoy the heat and humidity too. I get tired of A/C very quickly though so constant mid to upper 70s would be my ideal :D.

• Like 3

Looks like you've posted lots of fun new updates! The baby geckos are so cute! When are the rest of those eggs due to hatch? Looks like you'll have plenty of babies on your hands soon :) Oh, and I LOVE your garden. Such a nice space! I wish I had something like that, but I'm just doing container strawberries this year and I also have a container Meyer lemon tree. I'm envious of your yard :D However, I am in no way envious of that heat wave! I've been in Florida and Georgia on vacation and man is it hot and humid here. The max temperature its reach while I've been here though was right at 100 degrees, so not as hot as by you! Hopefully you're staying cool in the AC. Glad to hear the tank is staying nice and cool!

Those latest photos of your tank are just stunning! That Fiji leather has become such a centerpiece in there! I love the texture and color on it and it looks like its grown a ton! My fiji leather unfortunately started melting and I ended up pulling it right before vacation so it wouldn't pollute my tank. I think the neighboring leather may have stung it and started the melting. All my other leathers are doing wonderfully, so it was a bummer that the yellow fiji didn't do well. I'll definitely have to get another one and try again!

• Like 1

Looks like you've posted lots of fun new updates! The baby geckos are so cute! When are the rest of those eggs due to hatch? Looks like you'll have plenty of babies on your hands soon :) Oh, and I LOVE your garden. Such a nice space! I wish I had something like that, but I'm just doing container strawberries this year and I also have a container Meyer lemon tree. I'm envious of your yard :D However, I am in no way envious of that heat wave! I've been in Florida and Georgia on vacation and man is it hot and humid here. The max temperature its reach while I've been here though was right at 100 degrees, so not as hot as by you! Hopefully you're staying cool in the AC. Glad to hear the tank is staying nice and cool!

Those latest photos of your tank are just stunning! That Fiji leather has become such a centerpiece in there! I love the texture and color on it and it looks like its grown a ton! My fiji leather unfortunately started melting and I ended up pulling it right before vacation so it wouldn't pollute my tank. I think the neighboring leather may have stung it and started the melting. All my other leathers are doing wonderfully, so it was a bummer that the yellow fiji didn't do well. I'll definitely have to get another one and try again!

I will have two hatch this month and then 4 per month for the next few months after that (maybe more if I can get my other two girls to lay fertile eggs. They keep laying duds so far). If all goes well fingerscrossed.

Sorry to hear about your yellow leather :(. Definitely try again...they are so pretty!

I saw a PSW listed at Diver's Den tonight. Just sayin'... :D

I saw that. And I just saw the sneak peak today and none listed. I'll order only as a last resort and it won't be until the tank is moved to it's permanent location. Still hoping to find one locally :).

Just two clowns, the firefish and the 2 GBGs for now. Here's three of my 5 fish.....

Screen%20Shot%202016-06-30%20at%204.09.1

Hope you all enjoy the holiday weekend. My husband has the next 4 days off :happydance:. Looking forward to our annual 4th of July celebration with concert and fireworks on Monday!!!!

• Like 8

I will have two hatch this month and then 4 per month for the next few months after that (maybe more if I can get my other two girls to lay fertile eggs. They keep laying duds so far). If all goes well fingerscrossed.Sorry to hear about your yellow leather :(. Definitely try again...they are so pretty! I saw that. And I just saw the sneak peak today and none listed. I'll order only as a last resort and it won't be until the tank is moved to it's permanent location. Still hoping to find one locally :).Just two clowns, the firefish and the 2 GBGs for now. Here's three of my 5 fish.....Screen%20Shot%202016-06-30%20at%204.09.1Hope you all enjoy the holiday weekend. My husband has the next 4 days off :happydance:. Looking forward to our annual 4th of July celebration with concert and fireworks on Monday!!!!

Great photo Gena! Your tank is so soothing, I love it. Hey enjoy your holiday weekend with the family. My husband also has a 4 day weekend so we are going to do the same.

• Like 1

Sounds like you'll have plenty of baby geckos! Fun!

Beautiful shot with all of your fish in one photo :)

Thank you :). And yes...lots of fun!!!!. Yesterday I was gifted 3 things...2 new crestie eggs and my husband totally surprised me with this new necklace "just because". The little butt end moves too LOL.

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-03%20at%207.41.3

Great photo Gena! Your tank is so soothing, I love it. Hey enjoy your holiday weekend with the family. My husband also has a 4 day weekend so we are going to do the same.

Thank you, Dawn! I wish the same for you and your husband :).

You do have one of the most, if not the most, soothing tanks on NR.

Awwww...thanks :flower:. It is a pretty laid-back tank with soft colors. Except for a few shocks of green :lol:.

Great setup and fantastic photos.

Thank you very much :).
  • Like 5

Your husband is so sweet, Gena! What a cute necklace :)

Thanks!!!! It was such a fun surprise!!!!! I really love it too. He's encouraging my gecko addiction LOL.
  • Like 2

Thanks!!!! It was such a fun surprise!!!!! I really love it too. He's encouraging my gecko addiction LOL.

So does he like the geckos more than the aquarium?
  • Like 2

So does he like the geckos more than the aquarium?

I would say yes :lol:. And he still tries to get me to shut down the tank! He knows that won't ever happen though :).

Random pic for the weekend :happydance:.......

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-08%20at%203.47.1

• Like 5
FlowerMama

Still just love that blue you chose for your stand. You were doing fun things w/ color before we even thought about it!

• Like 1

Yeah you better not take down your tank! Its too beautiful and I'd miss my reef friend :( You can just have two hobbies! :D

So much fluff and grown in loveliness!!! I love how you got the xenia climbing up the back wall in there. :)

• Like 1

Thanks you guys :). The xenia is growing a lot but so far it's not being a problem. I love that it's growing on the back wall like that.

We saw Finding Dory yesterday. It was cute and we laughed out loud a couple of times. That Beluga is hilarious. Overall I didn't think it was as good as Finding Nemo. I actually think the new Secret Life of Pets movie is better :). But I'm so glad I finally got to see Finding Dory. Wish they would have used the music from the first one. I loved the music so much :).

• Like 3

Thanks, Dawn!!!! Yep...it's been a scorcher so far. My electric and water bill arrived yesterday :wacko:. I am now consciously trying to conserve water/power even more than normal!!!! There are always ways to cut back and with the threat of power outages I need to do my part. I'd be in trouble if we lost power on one of these hot days. I'd be scrambling for sure.

Cool (70s) sounds nice right about now. A nice ocean breeze :happy:. But I'm weird and enjoy the heat and humidity too. I get tired of A/C very quickly though so constant mid to upper 70s would be my ideal.

I am an 80's girl myself. I need a hoodie if it cooler than that. Actually most of our trip was 50's and 60s. On a bike for 10 hours a day that is cold if you are not dressed for it. We were prepared however.

Yes, power outages are not fun when you have creatures that need light, heat and oxygen. I bought a power converter a few years ago that runs off a battery as a back up for the seahorse tank in case of a prolonged outage.

• Like 1

I am an 80's girl myself. I need a hoodie if it cooler than that. Actually most of our trip was 50's and 60s. On a bike for 10 hours a day that is cold if you are not dressed for it. We were prepared however.

Yes, power outages are not fun when you have creatures that need light, heat and oxygen. I bought a power converter a few years ago that runs off a battery as a back up for the seahorse tank in case of a prolonged outage.

No matter how warmly I was dressed, I would have been miserable. Really 80s is my ideal but now that I have the geckos, 70s are better...just for them :). I would be miserable just for their sake LOL. I'm curious...are you type O blood? I'm O negative and I'm always cold. My theory is it's thinner blood and that's the reason I'm always cold. Well, not always but most of the time LOL. I've never looked into if that's legitimate reasoning though.

So far we've been lucky with no power outages. At least light isn't an issue with the geckos but temp is the big one. I think we'll have to look into a generator since I have so much invested now.

Gena - I love the tank! The natural look and colors look great. Keep it up!

Thanks so much, Dave :).
HarryPotter

Gena, speaking of power outages make sure to stick some water bottles into the freezer. They can keep the tank nice and cool for a long time!

• Like 1

Gena, speaking of power outages make sure to stick some water bottles into the freezer. They can keep the tank nice and cool for a long time!

Yep...I've been meaning to do just that. It also works for the geckos. I can stick them on top of their cages :). I need a lot of water bottles though :lol:.