Coral Vue Hydros

The Pastel Garden: Drop-Off

gena

Wow your colour selection is gorgeous

Thank you :). WOW...your tank has really grown in!!!!! I've been slacking on keeping up with your tank thread!!!!!

Since it's a new page :).

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-11%20at%201.49.0

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-11%20at%202.21.2

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-11%20at%202.13.3

Trumpets continue to grow and grow and grow. You can't see it very well but in that middle photo reflection on the left you can see there's even more trumpets behind that leather. The two clowns are hosted by them back there :).

You can also see my gorgonian frag I made on the left in the FTS. I wonder how long it will take to grow? That's the size I started with on my big colony!

• Like 10

Thank you both :flower:.

I made a video yesterday but still have to get some music put with it so that will have to be shared later. Maybe today or tomorrow :).

So I just happened upon a new LFS in my town omgomgomg. I had no idea it was there and been there for at least a year!!!! How fun is that???? I found it on yelp and the reviews are outstanding. It looks to be a loft style/hipster in an industrial area. It's actually right near where the new IKEA is going in so Ark...if you are reading...you'll have to check out both places next spring :).

http://www.yelp.com/biz/ultragem-fish-and-coral-inc-burbank?start=40

Guess I'm going to a new LFS today :D.

• Like 2

Just saw this and wanted to share. Typically one is at the top or both trying to squeeze in together. First time I've seen one on top and one at the bottom :).

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-12%20at%209.32.1

• Like 5

Just got back from my new favorite LFS :). Pretty awesome shop and I ended up knowing one of the guys. He had purchased Bogart from me...my mandarin. He said he's doing great. Fat with rolls :wub:. I can't even tell you all how happy that makes me to hear it :).

I ended up buying one cute pink and green blasto. And some Rod's frozen food. Here's a terrible phone photo of the new frag....

it's the only frag plug in my tank LOL

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-12%20at%202.08.0

• Like 6

Thank you both :flower:.

I made a video yesterday but still have to get some music put with it so that will have to be shared later. Maybe today or tomorrow :).

So I just happened upon a new LFS in my town omgomgomg. I had no idea it was there and been there for at least a year!!!! How fun is that???? I found it on yelp and the reviews are outstanding. It looks to be a loft style/hipster in an industrial area. It's actually right near where the new IKEA is going in so Ark...if you are reading...you'll have to check out both places next spring :).

http://www.yelp.com/biz/ultragem-fish-and-coral-inc-burbank?start=40

Guess I'm going to a new LFS today :D.

They're great guys. I'm glad the Burbank area has an LFS now. Back then, I had to go to Arleta for reef stuff when I was in the 'area'.

• Like 1

Tank looks amazing, G!

Can't wait to go check out that new shop.

Thanks, D! Let me know what you think!!! I really think you're gonna like it. I'm already planning my next visit LOL.

They're great guys. I'm glad the Burbank area has an LFS now. Back then, I had to go to Arleta for reef stuff when I was in the 'area'.

They really are. The one I already knew. I've actually been to his house and seen his aquarium...so nice! Having a great LFS is fabulous...wish I had more room to buy coral LOL. I have absolutely no intentions of setting up another tank or upgrading...I've learned my lesson well with that. One tank is my limit. But if I was to win a tank or gifted a tank...how could I say no right???? LOL

This place could rival Vivid, in my opinion. It's pretty sweet. They would just need more SPS, for those that are into that sort of thing :).

The blasto frag looks tiny compared to other corals. But it'll grow up nicely. Great setup..

Thank you!!! It totally does look tiny. It's a baby. I haven't had a new coral in my tank for awhile :).

• Like 1

Love the new pics! That fox coral is :wub:

I haven't seen any around here for sale other than a guy that had a huge one that he wanted $400 for!

• Like 1

Thanks, D! Let me know what you think!!! I really think you're gonna like it. I'm already planning my next visit LOL.

They really are. The one I already knew. I've actually been to his house and seen his aquarium...so nice! Having a great LFS is fabulous...wish I had more room to buy coral LOL. I have absolutely no intentions of setting up another tank or upgrading...I've learned my lesson well with that. One tank is my limit. But if I was to win a tank or gifted a tank...how could I say no right???? LOL

This place could rival Vivid, in my opinion. It's pretty sweet. They would just need more SPS, for those that are into that sort of thing :).

I hope so, Vivid is nice but they don't have good service imo. There are other LFS that's better than Vivid (but they're in the OC or Long Beach).

• Like 1

I am in awe everytime you update this thread. I love your tank! The wife got a hair up her butt to do a project and wants to redo the kids bathroom cabinets. She likes the color of your stand. Do you happen to know what the color is called that you put on your stand?

• Like 1

Love the new pics! That fox coral is :wub:

I haven't seen any around here for sale other than a guy that had a huge one that he wanted $400 for!

Thanks! Dang...I'd sell my fox if I could get $400 for it :lol:.

You have an amazing tank, goes to show you dont need and SPS tank for it to be awsome!

Thank you very much :).

I hope so, Vivid is nice but they don't have good service imo. There are other LFS that's better than Vivid (but they're in the OC or Long Beach).

I have really high hopes for this place. They are active with clubs too so I'm sure that makes a big difference for them as far as keeping things looking good! I believe he said they started as online and then got the storefront.

I am in awe everytime you update this thread. I love your tank! The wife got a hair up her butt to do a project and wants to redo the kids bathroom cabinets. She likes the color of your stand. Do you happen to know what the color is called that you put on your stand?

That's sweet...thank you!!!! I'll have to see if I can find the name. I don't remember off-hand. If I find it I will let you know :D.

I came across this photo today and instantly my mind went to Grandi Palys!!!!!! It's supposed to be flowers made out of little baking cups. So crafty....

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-14%20at%209.16.5

• Like 3

Ok Sancho....found it in my cube thread. It's called Ocean Slumber. But I don't remember who makes it. I think I got it at Lowe's.

It is exciting :happydance:.

Got a coat of paint on before dark yesterday and just did another this morning. I think one more will do it! It's called "Ocean Slumber" :lol:.

Screen%20Shot%202015-05-28%20at%2010.52.

Screen%20Shot%202015-05-28%20at%2010.53.

• Like 1

Normally I'd wait until Friday...but what the heck :).

My new cute little blasto. It loves to eat so I expect it to grow fast!

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-21%20at%202.48.5

The jungle...

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-21%20at%202.49.4

The FTS :)

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-21%20at%202.48.0

and now I have to go pick up In-n-Out for dinner :happydance:.

• Like 6

Beautiful as always Gena :).

Thanks, Jase :). How are you? I feel like I haven't seen you around as much. How's winter in Australia this year? We are exceptionally hot here again this week. Last week was nice though.

It's all filling in so beautifully Gena. You have an eye for placement and color!

Thanks, Annette!!!!! The right side is perfect to me, but the left needs to grow (needs more height for balance) and it bugs me a bit LOL. I know it will get there eventually. Hopefully the gorgonian will grow fast :). I'm going to pick up some zoas for under the leather on the left side too. I'll look at Macna for something. Right now my thought is to replace the pink hippos that I love and lost sometime last year. And maybe some pink and blue miami vice zoas, which I also lost last year. Hopefully I can keep the new ones happy!!!!
  • Like 2

Thanks, Jase :). How are you? I feel like I haven't seen you around as much. How's winter in Australia this year? We are exceptionally hot here again this week. Last week was nice though.

Thanks, Annette!!!!! The right side is perfect to me, but the left needs to grow (needs more height for balance) and it bugs me a bit LOL. I know it will get there eventually. Hopefully the gorgonian will grow fast :). I'm going to pick up some zoas for under the leather on the left side too. I'll look at Macna for something. Right now my thought is to replace the pink hippos that I love and lost sometime last year. And maybe some pink and blue miami vice zoas, which I also lost last year. Hopefully I can keep the new ones happy!!!!

I don't know what it is with those things but either amphipods eat them or they don't seem to last long. I don't know what the deal is.

I've been well thanks Gena, hope you have been also. Yes, I have definitely been lazy when it comes to the forums lately, everything has just been so busy and by the time i get home from work I typically just have dinner and go to bed. Winter has been very cold this year, particularly last week. We had a power outage at home that lasted for 36 hours, almost killed the tank, it was our coldest recorded July day in 2 years. We even had snow fall on the vineyard which was only the second time that has happened in 21 years. How I wish for some warmer weather, glad summer is being kind to you :).

• Like 1