SaltCritters.com

The Pastel Garden: Drop-Off

gena

can't wait to see what you do with the drop off tank. if my arch rock fits in it, i would have gotten that too.

I already have ideas of what I'm going to do. But not sure I'll be able to accomplish what I'm imagining in my head. I'm probably going to need some additional branchy type of rock. Maybe tonga? I'll see what my LFS has. It will certainly be interesting to aquascape :).
  • Like 1

Does sound interesting for sure!

I wish there were more examples of these tanks online but they are still few and far between. Hopefully that will change. Of course that won't help me out with ideas now when I'm trying to aquascape this thing. I hate aquascaping. What am I getting myself into??? :lol:
  • Like 2

Yay for the drop-off I have really debated on selling my tank and buying one of those as I love drop-off tanks! If I thought my tank would sell decent around here I probably would have done it already:) It still might happen lol

• Like 1

I wish there were more examples of these tanks online but they are still few and far between. Hopefully that will change. Of course that won't help me out with ideas now when I'm trying to aquascape this thing. I hate aquascaping. What am I getting myself into??? :lol:

Dave Fason just started one in his thread, and his comment was that scaping the tank was "interesting" :)

On the micro ATO sensor, I just clean it when I notice it's getting dirty. It's mostly dark where it sits so the algae only needs to be cleaned off every couple of months. And the controller will turn it off it runs too long, so it won't be a disaster if you miss it.

• Like 2

Yay for the drop-off I have really debated on selling my tank and buying one of those as I love drop-off tanks! If I thought my tank would sell decent around here I probably would have done it already:) It still might happen lol

Do it! We can be tank twins :D.

Dave Fason just started one in his thread, and his comment was that scaping the tank was "interesting" :)

On the micro ATO sensor, I just clean it when I notice it's getting dirty. It's mostly dark where it sits so the algae only needs to be cleaned off every couple of months. And the controller will turn it off it runs too long, so it won't be a disaster if you miss it.

I know...been checking his out. I can't wait to see one of these in person. I'm anxious to get it and get it going! Looks like I'll probably have to remove and reposition a lot of my softies/leathers. Which is ok. I have to do justice to this drop-off! Looks like I'll have to buy some live rock which I really didn't want to have to do. But I'm pretty sure I'll need some pieces. I'll just go to my LFS for them.

Every couple of months isn't so bad at all. I actually give my current one a wipe down each week. I'm sure I'll do the same with the new one :).

• Like 2

I hate to update with bad news but....I lost my little firefish today. He was pretty "old" so I'm not that surprised. I'll probably replace him with another after the transfer. He was a good fishy.

RIP little buddy

Screen%20Shot%202016-04-14%20at%203.26.3

Also, for those that are interested....I'll be at MACNA this weekend in San Diego. I plan to take photos while I'm there and will post them on my Instagram. I think that would be easier than posting here since I don't know about uploading photos to photobucket from my phone LOL. So my Instagram is thereefgarden if you want to check it out. I'm really looking forward to this weekend. To not just meet up with fellow nano-reefers, but also check out the tanks and the lighting options for my new setup :happydance:.

• Like 9

So sorry to hear about ur Firefish...We will be getting 1 soon.

So colorful!

Have a Great Time at MACNA!

So jealous of everyone going to macna this week. Have fun and hope you go home with a tank or two!

+1

I'm with ya Ninja.

• Like 2

So jealous of everyone going to macna this week. Have fun and hope you go home with a tank or two!

That'd be sweet if I could bring my new tank home with me and the light too :).

So sorry to hear about ur Firefish...We will be getting 1 soon.

So colorful!

Have a Great Time at MACNA!

+1

I'm with ya Ninja.

Thank you :). Firefish are great fish...you won't regret it. Only bad thing about them is they jump...like guaranteed jump. Lids are a must!
  • Like 3

Oh no. He/she was so pretty. I wish I lived closer to go to Macna, I'd love to meet more folks from NR. Put more names to faces for those that don't use their picture.

• Like 2

Oh no. He/she was so pretty. I wish I lived closer to go to Macna, I'd love to meet more folks from NR. Put more names to faces for those that don't use their picture.

I would love to meet you in person :flower:. Yeah, I wouldn't be going if not for it being right here so close :).
  • Like 1

you two should meet in the middle...like in Chicago =P. I really hope macna comes to Chicago for 2018.

I would love to have somewhere I could drive to. If it is in Chicago...can it not be in the center of town? :scarry: I don't think my heart can take that drive again. I'd pay you in coral to take me to the convention!

• Like 2

you two should meet in the middle...like in Chicago =P. I really hope macna comes to Chicago for 2018.

I love Chicago..it's practically my hometown. I would seriously consider traveling to Chicago if it was there :).

I would love to have somewhere I could drive to. If it is in Chicago...can it not be in the center of town? :scarry: I don't think my heart can take that drive again. I'd pay you in coral to take me to the convention!

Chicago drivers may possibly be worse than L.A. drivers :lol:. It's quite similar, I'll tell you that!
  • Like 3

So sorry about the firefish! Those guys are pretty cool. I added you to my instagram so I can follow you, mines jackiestuverphotography but I don't ever post anything fish related:)

• Like 2

So sorry about the firefish! Those guys are pretty cool. I added you to my instagram so I can follow you, mines jackiestuverphotography but I don't ever post anything fish related:)

Thanks! I saw and followed you back last night! Awesome photography, BTW :D.
  • Like 1

Ah Gena, I am very sorry about your firefish. I don't think they are as long lived as other fish and yours certainly had a great life in a great tank.

Hey, that is very cool about the drop off tank. I have always liked them but they have got to be a challenge to scape. I am sure that you will be up to the task however. It will be fun following.

• Like 2

Ah Gena, I am very sorry about your firefish. I don't think they are as long lived as other fish and yours certainly had a great life in a great tank.

Hey, that is very cool about the drop off tank. I have always liked them but they have got to be a challenge to scape. I am sure that you will be up to the task however. It will be fun following.

Thank you! Yeah, he was an older fish and lived a pretty long life. I'm excited about the drop-off tank! It will definitely be a challenge to aquascape it. Hope I'm up for it!

Sorry too hear about the Firefish Gena :(, beautiful photo though. I hope you enjoy MACNA!

Thanks, Jase!!!!!

Today's the day :happydance:.

• Like 3

I'm so sorry about the firefish, Gena. My short list for a new fish in the 10g tank has a firefish near the top - I just worry about it jumping when I have the lid off doing water changes :rolleyes:

Have fun at MACNA, I wish I could go. I've been to SD for work dozens of times over the years but I just couldn't figure out a good excuse for a work trip this week :(

I'll watch for pictures on Instagram, though!

• Like 2