Innovative Marine Aquariums

The Pastel Garden: Drop-Off

gena

Grabbed a quick and dirty pic LOL. My living room is a disaster right now. Maybe you can see that in the reflection. I have a big utility light for painting and a lot of stuff moved to the center of the room while I paint :). But I love the way the tank looks and I love the wall color. Towels still under the armoire for easy moving...that thing is heavy!!!! Still moving things around. But there's only so much you can do with a small house. It will be cozy for sure when all is said and done :).

pic.....

Screen%20Shot%202016-10-11%20at%206.35.1

• Like 13

...And the tank looks AMAZING :wub:. I don't have any pictures yet LOL.

Seriously?

Tank tease :P

Oh wait, you posted a picture on the next page. After you said you had no pictures. You get partial credit :lol:

• Like 2

Seriously?

Tank tease :P

Oh wait, you posted a picture on the next page. After you said you had no pictures. You get partial credit :lol:

I wanted to be lazy and not post a photo but I dragged my self over there and snapped it for you guys. I totally forgot about my tank tease status...good thing I did post some photos :lol:.
  • Like 3

Grabbed a quick and dirty pic LOL. My living room is a disaster right now. Maybe you can see that in the reflection. I have a big utility light for painting and a lot of stuff moved to the center of the room while I paint :). But I love the way the tank looks and I love the wall color. Towels still under the armoire for easy moving...that thing is heavy!!!! Still moving things around. But there's only so much you can do with a small house. It will be cozy for sure when all is said and done :).pic.....Screen%20Shot%202016-10-11%20at%206.35.1

Wow......nicely done, G!

• Like 2

Thanks you guys!!!!

the stand matches the tank sooo well! great job on it. looks so sleek and modern.

Yeah...it fits like a glove :). Even with it's modern look it fits in well with my style. I have a very eclectic style. A little of this and a little of that LOL.

The plan today is to finish painting the living room. Level the stand. Pick up sand. Make a new screen top.

• Like 2

I need to do this today, too. Have some new fish, two of which are notorious jumpers, coming tomorrow. :)

Cool! I don't have any notorious jumpers anymore. But hopefully soon :D. I want to replace my pink streaked wrasse and firefish. Still deciding between the typical orange FF or the Helfrichi. I think I might go for the Helfrichi this time since I've never had one.
  • Like 4
jedimasterben

Cool! I don't have any notorious jumpers anymore. But hopefully soon :D. I want to replace my pink streaked wrasse and firefish. Still deciding between the typical orange FF or the Helfrichi. I think I might go for the Helfrichi this time since I've never had one.

you know you want one :)

30279590295_7b84222223_o.png

• Like 3

I like this tank! (though I think it would be even better at twice this size. :blush: )

Haha...when I got the tank on the stand I was thinking it's too big LOL. I really wanted to go smaller...oh well :lol:.

you know you want one :)

30279590295_7b84222223_o.png

I do...I really do :wub:.

Daaaaammmmmnnnnnn Gena!!! Can't wait for progress updates! We be jelly!

:happydance: progress in progress :D.

Drop off tank looks so good on that stand Gena! You did such a good job :).

Thanks, Jase! I really like how it turned out :).

So I'm making 5 gallons of saltwater right now which I think should fill it up the rest of the way. None of the water has leaked into the back chambers nor elsewhere..thank goodness. I didn't do a leak test before filling it up :blush:. But seems to be ok.

I finally got the light out of the box and on the tank. Talk about cutting it close...was reading about the warranty. I had 30 days from purchase to register the light for the one year warranty. Today is exactly 30 days...good grief LOL. Sometimes I am lucky! The light seems pretty easy to program so far. Haven't really played with it a ton yet. But so far I like it a lot. So glad Lawn talked me into this one!!!!

I have a soupy sandy mess right now. As soon as I get it filled up I can turn on the pump to clear it out.

Screen%20Shot%202016-10-13%20at%204.30.2

• Like 12

Thank you :D.

I hope I can fit all the coral in this one!!!! I'm sure I won't be able to which is a bummer. But I'm going to give it my best shot. I really want to get the pump going to see just how strong it is. It would be nice if I didn't have to put the mp10 on this tank. I don't have any SPS so I don't need super duper mega flow. But I don't want it to be too weak since I do have the leathers and gorgs. The less equipment the better for my K.I.S.S. system :).

• Like 2

Thank you :D.

I hope I can fit all the coral in this one!!!! I'm sure I won't be able to which is a bummer. But I'm going to give it my best shot. I really want to get the pump going to see just how strong it is. It would be nice if I didn't have to put the mp10 on this tank. I don't have any SPS so I don't need super duper mega flow. But I don't want it to be too weak since I do have the leathers and gorgs. The less equipment the better for my K.I.S.S. system :).

I'm so excited! I came to read your thread at the perfect time! It'll be just a few short days before everything gets moved. :)

• Like 1

I'm so excited! I came to read your thread at the perfect time! It'll be just a few short days before everything gets moved. :)

Me too!!!!! I JUST found out the exact start date for the remodel...Oct 24 at 8:30am. Which is actually perfect...gives me more time to let the tank run before transferring. So I may wait and not transfer until the middle to end of next week. Still just a few short days :).
  • Like 1

Me too!!!!! I JUST found out the exact start date for the remodel...Oct 24 at 8:30am. Which is actually perfect...gives me more time to let the tank run before transferring. So I may wait and not transfer until the middle to end of next week. Still just a few short days :).

:lol: It'll be here before you know it! I put in my order for my 13.5 gal tank to get to the LFS at some future point. (They couldn't give me a timeframe yet). I'm really thinking about moving a bunch of stuff around and making the 3gal into a barebones grow-out/frag tank.

• Like 2