Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

The Pastel Garden: Drop-Off

gena

Tank looks nice all lit up. Did the base come with it or did you guys make it?

We made the stand :).

:lol: It'll be here before you know it! I put in my order for my 13.5 gal tank to get to the LFS at some future point. (They couldn't give me a timeframe yet). I'm really thinking about moving a bunch of stuff around and making the 3gal into a barebones grow-out/frag tank.

Awesome! Hopefully it doesn't take forever. Will you do the 3g frag tank now or wait for the 13.5g tank to come in? Having a frag tank really is nice. Especially for selling your over-growth. Then you don't have to have frag racks in your DT :).
  • Like 1

:lol: It'll be here before you know it! I put in my order for my 13.5 gal tank to get to the LFS at some future point. (They couldn't give me a timeframe yet). I'm really thinking about moving a bunch of stuff around and making the 3gal into a barebones grow-out/frag tank.

Fluval Evo? Upgrade the pump =P.

• Like 1

We made the stand :).

Awesome! Hopefully it doesn't take forever. Will you do the 3g frag tank now or wait for the 13.5g tank to come in? Having a frag tank really is nice. Especially for selling your over-growth. Then you don't have to have frag racks in your DT :).

I will wait so I have enough room to sort the coral out I think. I dunno, I'm so undecided because the 3 gal is certainly the tank that has done the best for me over the couple years. I feel reluctant to tear it apart, but it'd be easier to have it as a frag tank. (Although it doesn't take much maintenance now at all! :lol: )

Fluval Evo? Upgrade the pump =P.

What do you recommend? And yes! That is the tank I'm going with. :)

• Like 2

What do you recommend? And yes! That is the tank I'm going with. :)

i have a MJ 1200 in mine but it barely fits so I wouldn't recommend it. You probably want something in the 300 gph range though. There's not a lot of good space for a powerhead inside the tank without it looking ugly.

Gena, what size pump does your new tank come with?

• Like 1

i have a MJ 1200 in mine but it barely fits so I wouldn't recommend it. You probably want something in the 300 gph range though. There's not a lot of good space for a powerhead inside the tank without it looking ugly.

Gena, what size pump does your new tank come with?

I just looked it up on Marine Depot, cuz I had no idea.

Return Pump - 211 GPH (11W 110v/60Hz)

It's filled and running. I need to play with the pump..it's vibrating a bit and I'd like to get it silent if possible.

Flow is pretty decent! I'm going to try to get away with no mp10 on it!

Screen%20Shot%202016-10-13%20at%206.24.4

Screen%20Shot%202016-10-13%20at%206.24.5

• Like 11

I just looked it up on Marine Depot, cuz I had no idea.

Return Pump - 211 GPH (11W 110v/60Hz)

It's filled and running. I need to play with the pump..it's vibrating a bit and I'd like to get it silent if possible.

Flow is pretty decent! I'm going to try to get away with no mp10 on it!

A pump upgrade is in your future. It may seem like it's enough now cuz the tank is empty but 211 GPH is kind of weak for 20g.

• Like 3

A pump upgrade is in your future. It may seem like it's enough now cuz the tank is empty but 211 GPH is kind of weak for 20g.

I have to figure out how to get the pump out of there. I stuck my hand back there with a glove on and couldn't squeeze my hand down there...and I don't have big hands! I guess I'll have to try to mess with it tomorrow without gloves on. I'll check what Dave said he upgraded his pump to.
  • Like 2

Looks good and how is the bow?

You will need a pump upgrade and I would say Sicce 1.5 at least. Dead silent...................

I also think Sancho was asking about he white bottom that is part of the tank ;)

And no Nanobox :blink:

• Like 2

Looks good and how is the bow?

You will need a pump upgrade and I would say Sicce 1.5 at least. Dead silent...................

I also think Sancho was asking about he white bottom that is part of the tank ;)

And no Nanobox :blink:

I don't see a bow. Don't those take time to develop? I was just googling and it says the pumps will quiet down with time. I wonder how much time :unsure:. I really don't want to have to do any upgrades with this thing. I'm try to go ultra simple. Oh...wasn't sure if he meant that or not. The tank is actually two pieces. The part that holds water and the white base which comes with the tank. I took Lawn's advice on the Prime. He's never steered me wrong :).

Looks great!

Thank you, William :).

It looks great already! I can't wait to see all your corals crammed in there :)

Thanks! It's definitely gonna be cramped unless I can make myself give up a few things. We'll see what happens next week!
  • Like 2

It's already clear!

Screen%20Shot%202016-10-13%20at%206.58.2

I got the Carib-Sea Arag Alive Bahamas Oolite and the bag had a little pouch of Bio Magnet Clarifier. It's for clearing the water fast, and that it did :).

• Like 9

I don't see a bow. Don't those take time to develop? I was just googling and it says the pumps will quiet down with time. I wonder how much time :unsure:. I really don't want to have to do any upgrades with this thing. I'm try to go ultra simple. Oh...wasn't sure if he meant that or not. The tank is actually two pieces. The part that holds water and the white base which comes with the tank. I took Lawn's advice on the Prime. He's never steered me wrong :).

Thank you, William :).

Thanks! It's definitely gonna be cramped unless I can make myself give up a few things. We'll see what happens next week!

Well Lawn does love his AI :lol: they worked great for me as a fuge light ;)

Local store had the same tank and it bowed probably a 1/4" or more..............only thing I do not like about acrylic.

I agree on the simple part. I am getting tired of upgrading pumps and things.

Yes the IM stuff may quiet down but hey are noisy.....the 30 I have is weird turn the pump on and noise kill it and turn it back on and kind of quiet......looking to upgrade now to a Sicce 2.0

It's already clear!

Screen%20Shot%202016-10-13%20at%206.58.2

I got the Carib-Sea Arag Alive Bahamas Oolite and the bag had a little pouch of Bio Magnet Clarifier. It's for clearing the water fast, and that it did :).

Well with that sand you do not want a ton of flow it will go everywhere ;)

• Like 1

Is 211gph weak for a 20? I have 750gph for a 150 gallon and it seems about right. I was going to say 200 seems on the high side, but I'm not sure there is a right answer, just decent ranges.

• Like 1

Is 211gph weak for a 20? I have 750gph for a 150 gallon and it seems about right. I was going to say 200 seems on the high side, but I'm not sure there is a right answer, just decent ranges.

I have a 200 plus Tunze in my Nuvo 10 and flow is not that bad at all. Wish I had a little more.

The IM tanks always seem to need more flow.

• Like 1

Well Lawn does love his AI :lol: they worked great for me as a fuge light ;)

Local store had the same tank and it bowed probably a 1/4" or more..............only thing I do not like about acrylic.

I agree on the simple part. I am getting tired of upgrading pumps and things.

Yes the IM stuff may quiet down but hey are noisy.....the 30 I have is weird turn the pump on and noise kill it and turn it back on and kind of quiet......looking to upgrade now to a Sicce 2.0

Well with that sand you do not want a ton of flow it will go everywhere ;)

I don't have anything that needs a ton of light so this light is definitely a luxury for me...should work fine for my needs :D. I hope this tank doesn't bow. Did I tell you guys what I paid for it? It's a $350 tank and I got it at MACNA for $150. It's a demo model but it looks like new to me. So not as big a deal if something does happen. Though I hope not ;).

I have no idea. I would assume they make the pumps to fit the aquarium. Probably for SPS it's maybe not enough but for what I'm doing with it I think it will be fine.

Gena, you always create your landscape and repot and it looks lived in whenever you've started a new tank. You have a knack for that !!!

Thanks, Annette! I have another rock to use, dry rock. But I don't think I'll be needing it. It will be fun trying to fit everything in there next week :scarry:.
  • Like 2

I have a 200 plus Tunze in my Nuvo 10 and flow is not that bad at all. Wish I had a little more.

The IM tanks always seem to need more flow.

But the return should not be providing any flow and instead be optimized to move the right amount of water through a sump for skimming and other nutrient removal, right? Not that 200 is too high to do it, but slower sump flow seems to work better for me. Inside the display I have 14000 or so GPH. :)

I have no idea. I would assume they make the pumps to fit the aquarium. Probably for SPS it's maybe not enough but for what I'm doing with it I think it will be fine.

Might be perfect for softies, little additional flow needed.

• Like 3

I took the pump out this morning. Tried messing with it. Put some filter floss in the back underneath it to see if that would make any difference with the noise...no luck. So I'm definitely in the market for a new pump! I was looking at the Sicce Syncra Silent 1.0 Multifunction Aquarium Pump (251 GPH) on Marine Depot's site. What do you guys (anyone?) think of that pump?

http://www.marinedepot.com/Sicce_Syncra_Silent_1.0_Multifunction_Aquarium_Pump_(251_GPH)_Fixed_Flow_Aquarium_Powerheads-Sicce_USA-XJ1133-FIPHFF-vi.html

• Like 1

I took the pump out this morning. Tried messing with it. Put some filter floss in the back underneath it to see if that would make any difference with the noise...no luck. So I'm definitely in the market for a new pump! I was looking at the Sicce Syncra Silent 1.0 Multifunction Aquarium Pump (251 GPH) on Marine Depot's site. What do you guys (anyone?) think of that pump?

http://www.marinedepot.com/Sicce_Syncra_Silent_1.0_Multifunction_Aquarium_Pump_(251_GPH)_Fixed_Flow_Aquarium_Powerheads-Sicce_USA-XJ1133-FIPHFF-vi.html

I think that's hella expensive for a 251 GPH pump. It better clean the water going through it! Haha. I have heard good things about Sicce though so maybe it's worth the premium...

• Like 2

I went ahead and ordered it. I talked with Robert at MD today and he recommended a few....one of which was this one. It was the middle of the road, price wise, so I went with that one. Plus it has Silent in the name :lol:.

• Like 4

Got notification today that the pump, and a few other items, shipped today. So I should have it tomorrow. And ceiling scraping is in progress omgomgomg.

He's finally here again.

Screen%20Shot%202016-10-17%20at%201.08.1

This room and the hallway will be totally done today with scraping and repainting. Then he works on the two bedrooms and the dining room. It's coming off SUPER easy which he's thrilled about and so am I...won't take as long. But wow...what a mess!!!!! I hope I covered the tank well enough!!!!

• Like 9