Coral Vue Hydros

The Pastel Garden: Drop-Off

gena

I had such a good time removing that shit from my grandfathers house. Comes off like butter with the right tool and some water. Made a hell of a mess though

• Like 1

Oh, that awful popcorn shit. Great update by removing it. It's going to look so great. What color is this ceiling or walls going to be???I'm excited for you.

• Like 1

I had such a good time removing that shit from my grandfathers house. Comes off like butter with the right tool and some water. Made a hell of a mess though

I knew it was going to be messy but had no idea just HOW mess. YIKES!!!!!

Oh, that awful popcorn shit. Great update by removing it. It's going to look so great. What color is this ceiling or walls going to be???I'm excited for you.

The ceiling is white and the trim is white too. It looks sooooo good :D.

I got my Sicce pump today. Night and day omgomgomg. I can't hear but the slightest hum..it's amazing!!! So happy I replaced the noisy as heck stock pump!

What else.....

Nora fell in the tank today :lol:. I have a towel on it to keep dust out during the ceiling scraping and apparently she thought she could jump on top of it :wacko:. Hopefully she won't do that again. I thought she broke my screen top but I was able to put it back together again.

I think that's it. The plan is to hopefully do the transfer on Thursday. But it depends on the painter. It may have to wait until Friday or Saturday.

• Like 7

I knew it was going to be messy but had no idea just HOW mess. YIKES!!!!! The ceiling is white and the trim is white too. It looks sooooo good :D.I got my Sicce pump today. Night and day omgomgomg. I can't hear but the slightest hum..it's amazing!!! So happy I replaced the noisy as heck stock pump!What else.....Nora fell in the tank today :lol:. I have a towel on it to keep dust out during the ceiling scraping and apparently she thought she could jump on top of it :wacko:. Hopefully she won't do that again. I thought she broke my screen top but I was able to put it back together again.I think that's it. The plan is to hopefully do the transfer on Thursday. But it depends on the painter. It may have to wait until Friday or Saturday.

Well, let's see it!

• Like 2

Gena, your tank is really coming along nicely. I can hardly wait to see the transfer.

Thank you!!!! Most likely the transfer will be on Friday. I think the guy will be totally done removing that ceiling junk by Thursday and then I'll spend most of the day on Friday with the tank :happydance:.

Well, let's see it!

The room is a shambles though LOL. Furniture is moved where it's not supposed to be. My dining room table is in the living room in front of the tank. I will give you a sneak peek though. My fireplace! I had him paint the brick black and I love how it turned out. I think my vintage bird collection is nicely accented by the black now...and gray walls. That red chair is going as well as the table on the right. My vase needs some new flowers as well. I'll hit up Michael's maybe next week LOL.

See my smooth white ceiling???? :happydance:

Screen%20Shot%202016-10-18%20at%207.47.1

• Like 13

Gena,

You are starting another tank??! Every time I check out your threads you have a new tank!

I have yet to see a Dropoff tank with an impressive aquascape. But, I know you can pull it off.

Your ceiling looks really good. We did the same treatment to our ceilings when we bought our house.

The Plaster guy estimated it would take 4 bags of plaster. It took 10.

Hope you are well.

David

• Like 1

Crazy land over here. But today I transferred to the new tank. Went pretty well. I couldn't fit everything :(. Still have a fish to catch (GBG) and a pompom crab. The fish hides in a hole in a rock so it may not be until tomorrow that I can get him out. Unfortunately the rock he's in won't fit in the tank!

Pics....

Screen%20Shot%202016-10-22%20at%204.57.3

Screen%20Shot%202016-10-22%20at%204.57.1

Lots of slime and unhappiness. But hopefully everything pulls through fingerscrossed.

• Like 17

Haha...when I got the tank on the stand I was thinking it's too big LOL. I really wanted to go smaller...oh well :lol:. I do...I really do :wub:. :happydance: progress in progress :D. Thanks, Jase! I really like how it turned out :).So I'm making 5 gallons of saltwater right now which I think should fill it up the rest of the way. None of the water has leaked into the back chambers nor elsewhere..thank goodness. I didn't do a leak test before filling it up :blush:. But seems to be ok.I finally got the light out of the box and on the tank. Talk about cutting it close...was reading about the warranty. I had 30 days from purchase to register the light for the one year warranty. Today is exactly 30 days...good grief LOL. Sometimes I am lucky! The light seems pretty easy to program so far. Haven't really played with it a ton yet. But so far I like it a lot. So glad Lawn talked me into this one!!!!I have a soupy sandy mess right now. As soon as I get it filled up I can turn on the pump to clear it out.Screen%20Shot%202016-10-13%20at%204.30.2

The tank has a birthday!!!! :happydance: the tank and stand look awesome!

• Like 1

The tank has a birthday!!!! :happydance: the tank and stand look awesome!

Thanks! Today is the official b-day :).

I got the other GBG just now. So unless the pompom crab hitched a ride already..he's the last one to catch!

• Like 3

Crazy land over here. But today I transferred to the new tank. Went pretty well. I couldn't fit everything :(. Still have a fish to catch (GBG) and a pompom crab. The fish hides in a hole in a rock so it may not be until tomorrow that I can get him out. Unfortunately the rock he's in won't fit in the tank!Pics....Screen%20Shot%202016-10-22%20at%204.57.3Screen%20Shot%202016-10-22%20at%204.57.1Lots of slime and unhappiness. But hopefully everything pulls through fingerscrossed.

It looks beautiful!

Thanks! Today is the official b-day :).I got the other GBG just now. So unless the pompom crab hitched a ride already..he's the last one to catch!

Nice!! Are you going to move the grubes over? I love the ceiling and the color you chose for the walls!

• Like 1

It looks beautiful!

Nice!! Are you going to move the grubes over? I love the ceiling and the color you chose for the walls!

Thanks :). I haven't decided on the grubes yet. I may have to just cut a small frag of it and grow a new colony. I do have the Morgonian though. That one has really taken off lately. It's on the top of the drop-off by the LT Leather
  • Like 1

Thanks :). I haven't decided on the grubes yet. I may have to just cut a small frag of it and grow a new colony. I do have the Morgonian though. That one has really taken off lately. It's on the top of the drop-off by the LT Leather

I see it!! I've been looking for a morgonian forever! Can't seem to find one.

• Like 1

:wub::flower::wub:

Hi, braaap :flower:.

I see it!! I've been looking for a morgonian forever! Can't seem to find one.

I got mine from Unique. I haven't looked there in a while but they always had them before.

I squeezed in the grubes. Tight fit! Especially since not everything is fully open! It should be ok though...it was a tight fit where it was before too with no issues.

Screen%20Shot%202016-10-22%20at%205.57.0

It's next to the fiji leather that I'm really hoping yellows up again.

• Like 5

Hi, braaap :flower:. I got mine from Unique. I haven't looked there in a while but they always had them before.I squeezed in the grubes. Tight fit! Especially since not everything is fully open! It should be ok though...it was a tight fit where it was before too with no issues.Screen%20Shot%202016-10-22%20at%205.57.0It's next to the fiji leather that I'm really hoping yellows up again.

It looks great there!! I'll have to check unique again.

I keep my yellow literally 3" from the top of the water under the light and it has stayed yellow. although im not sure if it needs quite that much light!!!

I love this new tank of yours!

Yea to help that fiji leather get more color and polyp extension I'd place it on the top left where those palys are. It'll get a ton of flow from that mp10 and better light up there. They love more light and flow than you would think

New setup looks sweeeeet. Nice work!

• Like 1