Coral Vue Hydros

The Pastel Garden: Drop-Off

gena

• 2 weeks later...

I've been a slacker around these parts :blush:. Tank is still going strong. I do have some cyano now on the top level but I'm not freaking out about it. After all these years, I've learned there are cycles with new tanks. This is just one of those cycles. Eventually I'll get through it. I just realized today that this tank is almost 2 months old (on the 22nd). Seems so much older than that. But that's because it was a transfer. I've been posting regularly on Instagram so there's always that place when I'm a slacker over here :D.

I think I've decided to not get anymore fish for this tank. I kind of like the ease of just my two clowns. I do still have one green banded goby left and when he's gone I won't replace him. I've always felt fish are a pain. And if I got another fish I would just worry about it. Clowns are so easy, I never worry about them! Originally I thought of getting a helfrichi firefish and a pink streaked wrasse. Unless I find them at my LFS, and buy on impulse, I most likely won't get them. After seeing jack1978's bangaii cardinal, I kinda wouldn't mind maybe getting one of those again. So I guess if I do get another fish it might be one of those. They are pretty hardy as well. And I love the black/white color. But I think I will try to stick to only the fish I have now. It's just so EASY :).

This whole tank is so easy. Super glad I transferred to this tank!

Here's the latest Instagram postings.....

Constuction continues over here. Things should start moving quickly now. Tile should start VERY soon :happydance:. Christmas and New Years might slow things a little but they are busy working today and getting a lot done so I'm hopeful they will be here the next couple of weeks despite the holidays in between! I can't wait to show you guys pictures of the completed room. I'm most excited about my new big closet :wub:.

• Like 12

Gena, your tank looks amazing. I am curious though, why is this tank easier than your last tank...is it the smaller water changes or something else?

Thank you, Dawn! Well, the other tank was pretty darn easy to take care of. But this one is even easier. I think it's because I don't have a HOB filter anymore. Every week I had to clean that thing out. Rinse the sponge, change the extra filter pad material, and change the carbon. Now I just pull out the socks and rinse them (I need to change them soon) and rinse the chemipure blue nano packet. So much easier for some reason :lol:.

Jack asked me for photos of the construction a LONG time ago. Just grabbed this one today since they made a lot of progress today. You are looking at the bathroom. I'm standing in the laundry room which will have a wall there when it's all done. That is the shower to the right of the door opening and that other room is the master bedroom. It's all coming together so well!!! The foreman is in love with that room. I don't think he says that to everyone he works with either LOL. I for real sense it's a genuine compliment. The room is pretty darn cool, if I say so myself :D. Can't wait to show you guys when it's all completed :happydance:.

Screen%20Shot%202016-12-20%20at%206.48.5

• Like 6

Looks like a huge bathroom!!!

It's not huge but it's not tiny. I think it's a perfect size. I'm not an over-the-top kind of person so this fits perfectly for us. They put down tar (hot mop) today...smelly!!!! Tile is the next step :happydance:. The tile guy was here today going over everything with us. I'll be so glad when this is all done :).
  • Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...

Out with the old..in with the new, eh? Another year coming to an end. I hope 2017 is good to all of us reefers :wub:.

Cyano is clearing up since I dropped a bag of GFO in my tank. But my LPS wasn't too happy about it. They are starting to come back around now. They haven't been puffy for a week now. Every day seems a little better though, since I removed the GFO :).

The new master bedroom/bath is moving right along :happydance:. Tile is almost all done..grout next week!!!!

Screen%20Shot%202016-12-31%20at%209.25.3

Happy New Year :happydance:.

• Like 10

Happy New Year, Gena! I love in-progress pictures :)

Happy New Year!!!!! Everything was boring up until now which is why I didn't have many photos. Next week the wood flooring gets delivered to acclimate to the house. I think it takes like 10 days for that. There will be more and more progress photos from here on out :).

hahah it's addicting! and since you already started, may as well do everything!

Oh I wish I could do everything now!!!! I may have to get a job :lol:.
  • Like 4

Im a tiler by trade, have been for 20 years on/off. Thats pretty much exactly how ive done our bathroom except I went with all black hexagon floor.

Wall colour? I did mine pastel lemon yellow.

• Like 2

Im a tiler by trade, have been for 20 years on/off. Thats pretty much exactly how ive done our bathroom except I went with all black hexagon floor.

Wall colour? I did mine pastel lemon yellow.

All black sounds awesome too! I thought about black grout for the floor (going white grout on the walls), but the tiler suggested not black as it will show dirt/dust more (makes sense). So we're going with a light gray grout. For the paint I'm going with a light gray. The bedroom with be all white...Sherman Williams Alabaster. Sounds like I'm afraid of color LOL...but I've done color in the past and want to go with more neutral colors this time so I can easily change the look of the room (new duvet, new towels, new rug) without having to paint as well :).

The bathroom looks great! Those tiles are timeless.

Thanks! I agree...timeless..it's where it's at :D.

So here we are...2017. It's beautiful....a gorgeous bright and sunny day here :wub:. If this is any indication of the year ahead, I like it :D.

• Like 3

Well, what a great way to bring in the new year with your continued renovations to finish your masterpiece!!! Can't wait to see the before and after photos. Doing neutral will also help should you move later. It really looks good and the bathroom really goes well I think with the style of the home. Nice job with all your choices.

• Like 2

Well, what a great way to bring in the new year with your continued renovations to finish your masterpiece!!! Can't wait to see the before and after photos. Doing neutral will also help should you move later. It really looks good and the bathroom really goes well I think with the style of the home. Nice job with all your choices.

Thanks, Annette :flower:.

Looking really good! Your tanks always have the same, soft, mellow vibe. I like it. :)

Haha...that's how I roll :). Thanks!!!!!

Hoping the gifts are being put to good use. ;)

Tank is looking great! I see it pop up on the regular on IG. Keep it up!

Thanks, Dave!!! Yes, definitely put to good use. Thanks again!!!!

Your tank always looks wonderful and I like what I see of your bathroom. Very nice. You must be so excited!

Super excited!!!! The tile is done. My favorite plumber/handy man is here now installing the fixtures and toilet, sink, etc. Just gonna need some paint :). I'll try to grab some pictures after he leaves. I also have wood for the floors being delivered today and a quote on the glass for the shower. Busy day :).

Not much new in the drop-off garden. My corals are recovering from using a little too much GFO. Thank goodness I didn't lose anything...eeek. I'm just happy to see things poofy again lol. Here's the latest instagram photo....

I'm thinking about maybe replacing my pink palys at the top with a bunch of acans. But it's just thoughts for now. I'm tempted to go to my new LFS and check out what they have. They stock a ton of acan frags. I just dont want to get rid of the palys which I'd have to do if I get acans.

• Like 6

I'm thinking about maybe replacing my pink palys at the top with a bunch of acans. But it's just thoughts for now. I'm tempted to go to my new LFS and check out what they have. They stock a ton of acan frags. I just dont want to get rid of the palys which I'd have to do if I get acans.

beautiful! i support new acans =). they are not as fuzzy as zoas.

• Like 2

Looks great! I love acans, but the only problem with keeping them at the top is they tend to lose their colors in higher lighting. They really like less than 100 par, especially the rainbows.

• Like 2