Coral Vue Hydros

The Pastel Garden: Drop-Off

gena

I like that brace! Until I saw the pic I was imagining an old school cross brace right over the middle of the tank.

It's funny how moving everything into a different kind of tank is exciting but moving to a replacement tank is just work. :)

• Like 2

new floor looks great!!

Thanks! I'm really happy with how everything is coming together! Today we had someone come out for a quote on shutters for the windows. That went really well :).

Looking good G.

Thank you!!!!

I like that brace! Until I saw the pic I was imagining an old school cross brace right over the middle of the tank.

It's funny how moving everything into a different kind of tank is exciting but moving to a replacement tank is just work. :)

Yeah, the brace is very unobtrusive and does the job :). You are so right. It was easy but also WORK! Actually, it took longer than I expected it to but only because the water was cloudy from the sand and I couldn't see clearly to place the rock. The sand comes with a little package of some liquid that guarantees to clear the water fast. It works wonders! Within a couple of hours I could see things again LOL.

That is the bestest looking drop off I've seen

Very nice

Thanks so much!!! I'm really happy with this tank. I could see myself being satisfied with this one for several years. I think the longest I've kept a tank running without upgrading or downgrading is two years.

Here's a video I made today....

• Like 10

Both house and tank are looking great, G!

Congrats on surviving both!!

Thanks! It hasn't been too bad with the remodel. Where they are working is pretty much out of my way during the day. Now if it was a kitchen remodel...yikes. Something I actually would like to do eventually LOL.

Nice glad the tank swap went well and loving the house renovations!

Thank you, Jackie :).

The remodel looks amazing :) really like that bathroom!

Thanks :). They really did an excellent job on it. The company we are using is pretty awesome. I've liked everyone they've sent out so far. The plumber, Richard, is too funny. He talks to himself LOL. He has an interesting story too. His Uncle is Ritchie Valens. He never met him as he died two or three years before he was born. But he was named after him. That was his father's brother. The tile guy is awesome too. I got his number so that in a few months we may use him again for the original bathroom remodel. We're thinking of tearing it down ourselves and then having him tile for us. We'll see :)..
  • Like 4

I decided today that I'm just going to get it over with and add more fish LOL. I hate introducing new fish. I've been putting it off FOREVER. But I forced myself to hit the purchase button at Live-Aquaria :).

Coming Friday :happydance:.

One of these :wub:....

IMG_8390_zpsce65dd89.jpg

and one of these :wub:......

IMG_8281_zpsa20241e5.jpg

Two of my all-time favorite fish I've ever kept!!!! I'm also going to add (or try to) a black clown goby whenever they are available either online or locally :).

• Like 11

Yes, sometimes you just HAVE to go back to your faves.

Your remodeling looks so fresh & new, you're probably inspiring many people to look at their bathrooms and go UGH!!!

And then the quick brace reno for your tank!!! It ALL LOOKS PERFECT.

• Like 1

Yes, sometimes you just HAVE to go back to your faves.

Your remodeling looks so fresh & new, you're probably inspiring many people to look at their bathrooms and go UGH!!!

And then the quick brace reno for your tank!!! It ALL LOOKS PERFECT.

Thanks so much, Annette!

My fishies are here :happydance:. I can't even tell you all how happy I am to have a PSW again!!! It's so tiny :wub:. I'm used to my big fat Pinky LOL. But glad this one is so young and I'll have it for a while. Hopefully it acclimates just fine. Lights are out and the bags are temp acclimating. Then I'll do a water acclimation.

Screen%20Shot%202017-02-03%20at%2010.03.

Screen%20Shot%202017-02-03%20at%2010.03.

• Like 7

I know, I have a thing for six lines with their green tail end and the blue eyes on the red/white criss cross and gentle personality of my hawk fish have my heart. I don't want to ever be without those two fish.

• Like 1

I know, I have a thing for six lines with their green tail end and the blue eyes on the red/white criss cross and gentle personality of my hawk fish have my heart. I don't want to ever be without those two fish.

I love how active six lines are. I wish the PSW was as active. Even after fully acclimated and living in the aquarium for several years, they still don't compare to the sixline. Although they are still pretty good :).

Yay!! I can't wait till the weather gets warmer and I can get another too! :wub:

My last one I bought locally. I've been waiting for months to get another and none of my LFS have been able to get one. I saw they were available on LA so I decided to just go for it! So glad I did. This one is much smaller than Pinky was when I first got him.

The water and the tank are so clear that its like seeing everything in the ocean in your last video. Gorgeous!

Thank you, Dawn!!!!

I saw both fish this morning. The new PSW is hanging out under the blasto rock at the top of the drop-off. The GCG is chilling in the turquoise trumpets. Hopefully I can grab some new pics today. I did manage to get this one, of the PSW, yesterday afternoon before lights went out.

• Like 5

Awesome build Gena glad IM took care of you with a replacement, I keep going between one of these a lagoon or the 20g Fusion but I think seeing your build has swayed me to a dropoff!

• Like 1

Awesome build Gena glad IM took care of you with a replacement, I keep going between one of these a lagoon or the 20g Fusion but I think seeing your build has swayed me to a dropoff!

Thank you so much! I'm happy to inspire :). If you do go with the drop-off, keep in mind that the return pump that comes with the tank is loud. I replaced mine with a sicce silent pump and I can't hear it at all now. This is also an acrylic tank so you have to be careful with cleaning. Worth the hassle of that, in my opinion :).

IM is a class-act company for sure!

I love how he emerges from the darkness in that shot.

I'm smitten with this little guy :wub:. He is absolutely adorable. And so little!!!! I can't get over how little he is LOL. Here's a video from a couple of days ago.

• Like 3

This is really beautiful!!!

Thank you!!!!

My new fish are doing well! They are getting more and more comfortable in the tank. The PSW which my husband calls Marvin, hangs out in the turquoise trumpets at the bottom of the drop-off. And the green clown goby spends most of the time at the top of the drop-off in the neon green trumpets. But I've also found him in the sinularia leather as well as in the pink palys at the top of the drop-off. I think I'm going to also get a helfrichi firefish (though not totally sure yet), and a yellow clown goby and maybe a black clown goby. And that's it for fish.

• Like 1