Innovative Marine Aquariums

The Pastel Garden: Drop-Off

gena

On 3/1/2017 at 9:07 PM, gena said:

I literally just sat here for a couple minutes and stared at this picture and smiled. It makes me :happydance:

Love that pic of the cat, and of the tank with "no fake light", lol. It's nice to see it under different conditions. 

I'm sending out hungry, healthy vibes to your YCG. 

Eat, little Goby, eat, it's time for Nom-Noms!!!

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, Weetabix7 said:

I literally just sat here for a couple minutes and stared at this picture and smiled. It makes me :happydance:

Love that pic of the cat, and of the tank with "no fake light", lol. It's nice to see it under different conditions. 

I'm sending out hungry, healthy vibes to your YCG. 

Eat, little Goby, eat, it's time for Nom-Noms!!!

Awww..thanks!  The coral will probably have a growth explosion because I've been feeding more than normal.  I've decided to dial it back though since I'm not seeing any results from the YCG.  I'll be feeding in a second here, fingers crossed! 

If this one doesn't work out, I'll get another locally.  My LFS gets in fat ones.  He purposely chooses only the ones he observes already eating :).

• Like 1

I've got my fingers crossed for your YCG! I've tried them twice but neither one made it past the first four days :(

They're so cute, I keep wishing I could keep one!

• Like 1

Aww come on little clown goby!  He should take lessons from my pom-pom, who I caught nomming on a pellet intended for the rics last night! :lol:

• Like 3
30 minutes ago, teenyreef said:

I've got my fingers crossed for your YCG! I've tried them twice but neither one made it past the first four days :(

They're so cute, I keep wishing I could keep one!

Yeah, disappointing for sure.  It didn't eat again today.  My last hope is the nutrimar ova, but at this point, I think it's too late :(.

16 minutes ago, Lula_Mae said:

Aww come on little clown goby!  He should take lessons from my pom-pom, who I caught nomming on a pellet intended for the rics last night! :lol:

What a cute little thief LOL :).

• 1 month later...
On 4/7/2017 at 8:52 PM, Gramophone said:

This is amazing, Gena! Your tanks are always magnificent :D

Oh my gosh!!!!!  Thank you and so good to see you!!!!!  I see "new tank time"????

On 4/8/2017 at 7:50 PM, FlowerMama said:

Sorry to hear about your goby.  Your tank otherwise looks amazing.  So clean & full of pretty colors and corals.

Awww..thanks.  And in more unhappy news...my helfrichi firefish just disappeared one day.  Eating fine, happy little fish, next day...gone.  Like no where to be seen.  It's a pretty big fish too.  How the heck does it just vanish?????  One of the great mysteries in life LOL. 

So I have 2 clown fish, a pink streaked wrasse and a green clown goby.  I had a dream last night about a springer's damsel fish (I think that's the name).  I was in search of one.  And found one at my LFS and was carrying it around in my hand like it was a fluffy kitten or something LOL.  I wanted to positively identify it before bringing home the wrong fish that terrorizes my tank :D.  I ended up getting a job at my LFS LOL.  Weird dream.

Otherwise, all is good in the drop off.  Today is a water change day.  Things are growing really well.  Everything is colorful and fluffy.

• Like 7
11 minutes ago, gena said:

Oh my gosh!!!!!  Thank you and so good to see you!!!!!  I see "new tank time"????

Awww..thanks.  And in more unhappy news...my helfrichi firefish just disappeared one day.  Eating fine, happy little fish, next day...gone.  Like no where to be seen.  It's a pretty big fish too.  How the heck does it just vanish?????  One of the great mysteries in life LOL. 

So I have 2 clown fish, a pink streaked wrasse and a green clown goby.  I had a dream last night about a springer's damsel fish (I think that's the name).  I was in search of one.  And found one at my LFS and was carrying it around in my hand like it was a fluffy kitten or something LOL.  I wanted to positively identify it before bringing home the wrong fish that terrorizes my tank :D.  I ended up getting a job at my LFS LOL.  Weird dream.

Otherwise, all is good in the drop off.  Today is a water change day.  Things are growing really well.  Everything is colorful and fluffy.

Haven't been on in a while and just catching up. Your tank is looking fantastic! Hopefully your Helfrichi comes back out. Mine hid for a few days straight before coming back out.

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, NeoClown said:

Haven't been on in a while and just catching up. Your tank is looking fantastic! Hopefully your Helfrichi comes back out. Mine hid for a few days straight before coming back out.

Thanks so much!  Well, I really don't think it's hiding.  I suppose it's a possibility but it never really hid before.  It had a favorite cave, but would come out in the open occasionally and definitely came out to eat.  It had a big appetite.  But now absolutely nothing.  I'm wondering if it managed to jump out.  I do have a top on my tank but there is a gap on the sides.  I guess it's possible it could have squeezed out.  I am totally stumped :huh:.

Aww. It probably went carpet surfing. I'm so sorry to hear that. I lovelovelove helfrichi firefish! I do keep reading that they manage to jump out even with just small gaps.

Everything else looks amazing!

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Rain24 said:

Aww. It probably went carpet surfing. I'm so sorry to hear that. I lovelovelove helfrichi firefish! I do keep reading that they manage to jump out even with just small gaps.

Everything else looks amazing!

It HAD to have jumped.  I would think I would see such a big fish somewhere in the tank.  With two cats in the house, who knows where it might be now :scarry:.  poor fish :(.

And thanks!!!!!  I've missed a lot of things here on NR lately, it's been mostly fun catching up today although some unhappy things going on in my fellow NR'ers tanks!  We all have our ups and downs though...we will persist :D .

• Like 6

I totally forgot about the kitties! That very well may be what happened to your poor firefish.

I know, I've missed NR too! I'm so glad I came back and that I kind of have a "tank" again. I was so happy to see that you were still around.

I might have to ask you about some simple macrame-ish techniques. I took down this 3 tiered plant hanger and it had these simple loops holding them together and now I can't figure it out. LOL. I want to plant some herbs in them and hang them close to the kitchen.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, gena said:

Thanks so much!  Well, I really don't think it's hiding.  I suppose it's a possibility but it never really hid before.  It had a favorite cave, but would come out in the open occasionally and definitely came out to eat.  It had a big appetite.  But now absolutely nothing.  I'm wondering if it managed to jump out.  I do have a top on my tank but there is a gap on the sides.  I guess it's possible it could have squeezed out.  I am totally stumped :huh:.

Sorry to hear if it did jump the tank. Have you tried looking in the back chambers? I found my Yasha goby sitting on top of my filter floss one morning. I thought he was a goner as he wasn't moving but as soon as I placed him back in the tank, he swam straight for his home.

• Like 1

Awww, poor Helfrich's!  He was such a pretty fish too.  Could he be behind the tank?

I used to have a little orange platy and realized one day he was gone!  I never did figure out where he went or what happened to him.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Rain24 said:

I totally forgot about the kitties! That very well may be what happened to your poor firefish.

I know, I've missed NR too! I'm so glad I came back and that I kind of have a "tank" again. I was so happy to see that you were still around.

I might have to ask you about some simple macrame-ish techniques. I took down this 3 tiered plant hanger and it had these simple loops holding them together and now I can't figure it out. LOL. I want to plant some herbs in them and hang them close to the kitchen.

You totally have a tank again!  I love your tank!  As long as I'm still breathing, I'll still be around here LMAO.  I may take a break occasionally, but I'll still check in from time to time.  I have salt running through my veins :lol:.

If you want, send me a pic of the hanger.  I'll help you figure it out!  I'm gonna do some knotting later today...I'm hooked LOL.  First I have to do my water change though.  Water is almost ready!

2 hours ago, NeoClown said:

Sorry to hear if it did jump the tank. Have you tried looking in the back chambers? I found my Yasha goby sitting on top of my filter floss one morning. I thought he was a goner as he wasn't moving but as soon as I placed him back in the tank, he swam straight for his home.

I looked last week when I did my water change.  I always empty the back chambers out and no fish to be found.  It vanished :huh: .

2 hours ago, Lula_Mae said:

Awww, poor Helfrich's!  He was such a pretty fish too.  Could he be behind the tank?

I used to have a little orange platy and realized one day he was gone!  I never did figure out where he went or what happened to him.

Not behind the tank...unless it flopped itself under the tank stand.  Ugh...I hate thinking about that LOL.

Platys are so adorable.  I love the orange platys.

• Like 3
18 minutes ago, gena said:

You totally have a tank again!  I love your tank!  As long as I'm still breathing, I'll still be around here LMAO.  I may take a break occasionally, but I'll still check in from time to time.  I have salt running through my veins :lol:.

If you want, send me a pic of the hanger.  I'll help you figure it out!  I'm gonna do some knotting later today...I'm hooked LOL.  First I have to do my water change though.  Water is almost ready!

Okay, once I find the plant hanger again (I put it away last fall...), I will send you a pic if I can't get it all back together again.

Haha...salty to the last drop!

I don't have a tank I have a...umm...a "tanquito." :happy:

• Like 2
Bella's Reef

Sorry about the loss of the Firefish, years back when I had a 60 Cube a Midas Blenny went missing later that week I came home from work and my cat had him in his mouth. He would carry it around then drop it and do this weird thing with his mouth wide open and just stare at it, poor guy was crispy as can be.

• Like 1

Sorry about the firefish, I'd bet he jumped out through some tiny opening and then your furry clean up crew took care of the mess. 

I love the dream you had :lol:you really should get a Springer's Damsel! 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, teenyreef said:

Sorry about the firefish, I'd bet he jumped out through some tiny opening and then your furry clean up crew took care of the mess. 

This!!!!!

Tank is absolutely beautiful, as always. 

Got me some Macros today, made me think of you, cause the last Macros I got were from you. :happydance:

• Like 2
18 hours ago, Rain24 said:

Are you sure you don't want one...like by your desk or something? :P

:wacko: LOL

18 hours ago, Astinus said:

lmao!

This! :lol:

18 hours ago, Bella's Reef said:

Sorry about the loss of the Firefish, years back when I had a 60 Cube a Midas Blenny went missing later that week I came home from work and my cat had him in his mouth. He would carry it around then drop it and do this weird thing with his mouth wide open and just stare at it, poor guy was crispy as can be.

Oh geez....I hope I don't get any surprises like that!

17 hours ago, teenyreef said:

Thanks!  I'm gonna look today for a springers and I promise not to carry it around in my hand like it's a fluffy kitten LOL. 

16 hours ago, Weetabix7 said:

This!!!!!

Tank is absolutely beautiful, as always. 

Got me some Macros today, made me think of you, cause the last Macros I got were from you. :happydance:

Awwww..thanks!  I love the macros you got yesterday :wub:.  If I had any room left, I'd squeeze some in.  I actually have a red bubble type algae (not like the green) that is growing on one of my rocks.  It's red with orange speckles...really neat looking.  I'm sure it's some variety of bubble algae, something I don't want in my tank.  But I like it, and since it's the closest I can get to macroalgae, it's staying.

• Like 3

If it were my tank, I'd keep it too, bubble algae or no. :happydance:

I got so much in quantity wise yesterday that I may sell smaller clippings in a week or so just to make room, you could probably fit something like that. 

They're super pretty. 

• Like 1