Top Shelf Aquatics

The Pastel Garden: Drop-Off

gena

9 minutes ago, Lula_Mae said:

:o Wow that is awesome!!!  And so exciting!  Wowee!  Can't wait to see it...hopefully they get it to you fast lol.

I don't reckon duct tape will hold it all in? :lol:

I know omgomgomg

I don't reckon it would LOL.  I'm trying not to stress about it.  The sooner I get the new tank the better!

9 minutes ago, jack1978 said:

Good luck, G!! 

Thanks, D :flower:

• Like 2
18 minutes ago, gena said:

I'll have to take a closer look at your 40.  I was just in that thread earlier today, but didn't realize it's similar dimensions!  I'm looking forward to having more room!

I heard back from Innovative Marine.  Holy wow...what a company.  They said they were sending me out a replacement.  I told her thank you so much, but I actually wasn't going to set another of these up, afraid to do it again.  I told her I was going to buy the IM 25 Lagoon instead, but if they would exchange for that one, that would be fantastic.  Not only are they going to do that, but I also get $100 credit because that's the difference in price from the drop-off omgomgomg.  With my credit, I went with the new fancy ATO container since it will be exposed and not in a stand.  I will have something nice to look at other than my rubbermaid container.  It's something I would NEVER have spent the money on otherwise.  A little splurge LOL.

So that's that!!!!  Hopefully it will be here soon.  I have been watching the salt creep on the seam leak, and it is getting larger.  No gushes yet fingerscrossed .

Wonderful news, sooo happy for you!!!!!

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Weetabix7 said:

Wonderful news, sooo happy for you!!!!!

Thank you!!!!  And to think I was about to give it all up nearly 48 hours ago.  I'm glad I came to my senses :)

• Like 7
11 minutes ago, gena said:

I know omgomgomg

I don't reckon it would LOL.  I'm trying not to stress about it.  The sooner I get the new tank the better!

Thanks, D :flower:

Well, if you decide to pick some up, they do make Finding Dory duct tape. :lol:

• Like 3

Sad that you have to take this down but new tanks are always so fun! Cant wait to see what you do with it and I am so glad you decided to stay in. I got my cacdlights 60g cube set up yesterday finally and love it other than the wobbly stand, I need to figure something out or I will need to find a whole different stand as this thing scares me it moves so much!

• Like 3
27 minutes ago, Lula_Mae said:

Well, if you decide to pick some up, they do make Finding Dory duct tape. :lol:

Oh awesome...I hope I never need it :lol: .

23 minutes ago, jstuver said:

Sad that you have to take this down but new tanks are always so fun! Cant wait to see what you do with it and I am so glad you decided to stay in. I got my cacdlights 60g cube set up yesterday finally and love it other than the wobbly stand, I need to figure something out or I will need to find a whole different stand as this thing scares me it moves so much!

Well hopefully this is all a blessing in disguise :).  Wobbly stands scare the crap out of me.  I always overdo it on my tank stand builds so I absolutely won't have to worry.  I like to worry about stuff like that LOL.

9 minutes ago, kimberbee said:

Hope you like the 25 as much as I do!!

And I didn't realize you have a 25!!!!!  omgomgomg I will check it out ASAP.  I have seen it before, of course, but now I'll pay really close attention :D.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, gena said:

I'll have to take a closer look at your 40.  I was just in that thread earlier today, but didn't realize it's similar dimensions!  I'm looking forward to having more room!

I heard back from Innovative Marine.  Holy wow...what a company.  They said they were sending me out a replacement.  I told her thank you so much, but I actually wasn't going to set another of these up, afraid to do it again.  I told her I was going to buy the IM 25 Lagoon instead, but if they would exchange for that one, that would be fantastic.  Not only are they going to do that, but I also get $100 credit because that's the difference in price from the drop-off omgomgomg.  With my credit, I went with the new fancy ATO container since it will be exposed and not in a stand.  I will have something nice to look at other than my rubbermaid container.  It's something I would NEVER have spent the money on otherwise.  A little splurge LOL.

So that's that!!!!  Hopefully it will be here soon.  I have been watching the salt creep on the seam leak, and it is getting larger.  No gushes yet fingerscrossed .

Wow, they get so much good will not only from you but from all of us that follow along! It really helps give peace of mind when buying their products to hear that they are treating you so well.

What ATO container did you get? The new drawer thingy?

• Like 2
FlowerMama

Oh no, another leak!  That stinks.  You get settled and then something happens.  Frustrating.

I know I'm behind on reading.  How did your remodeling go?  I know I never saw the finished product. 

• Like 2
6 hours ago, gena said:

Oh awesome...I hope I never need it :lol: .

Well hopefully this is all a blessing in disguise :).  Wobbly stands scare the crap out of me.  I always overdo it on my tank stand builds so I absolutely won't have to worry.  I like to worry about stuff like that LOL.

And I didn't realize you have a 25!!!!!  omgomgomg I will check it out ASAP.  I have seen it before, of course, but now I'll pay really close attention :D.

Oh believe me we usually build our stands and I swear you could park on them so this one has me worried. We found some brac things at Home depot and installed those and it helped so I will see if I still feel like it needs more!

• Like 1
14 hours ago, teenyreef said:

Wow, they get so much good will not only from you but from all of us that follow along! It really helps give peace of mind when buying their products to hear that they are treating you so well.

What ATO container did you get? The new drawer thingy?

They are a very upstanding company! 

Yep...the one with the drawer.  Fancy shmancy lol.

13 hours ago, FlowerMama said:

Oh no, another leak!  That stinks.  You get settled and then something happens.  Frustrating.

I know I'm behind on reading.  How did your remodeling go?  I know I never saw the finished product. 

Hi, Annette!!!!  Remodeling has been done for a few months now.  So nice!!!!  I will take some pics today for you :).

7 hours ago, jstuver said:

Oh believe me we usually build our stands and I swear you could park on them so this one has me worried. We found some brac things at Home depot and installed those and it helped so I will see if I still feel like it needs more!

One thing I like to do is attach the stand to the wall too.  My big 45 cube it wasn't necessary cuz it was a large block, no way it would tip over.  But this new stand will be attached to the wall with brackets.  Especially living in earthquake country, it really feels necessary to me.

• Like 4
20 minutes ago, debbeach13 said:

That is great news. I am so glad that IM is taking care of this for you. I was disappointed to hear you might take a break.

Thank you :).  I'm not sure I could ever really take a break from this hobby.  I just love it too much :happy:.

• Like 4

that leak is the pits. i'm sorry!

i'm glad IM is taking care of you though....looking forward to seeing what you'll do with the 25!! also selfishly glad you aren't throwing in the towel....your tanks have always been my favorites!

• Like 1
shaneandjohn
21 hours ago, gena said:

It's very nice to hear about the Customer Service Aspect in this hobby!  So many times this aspect is overlooked by Big name companies. It's great to hear you are being taken care of, You deserve it.

I know your new tank will be stunning, cause that's just what you do?

Please Post a Final drop off picture before you break it down !  This has been my wife's favorite tank to view.

Cheers to new beginnings ?

• Like 2

If everything works out I'm happy to see you setup another tank.  This one was gorgeous, but new is always fun ... well for us anyway. :)

• Like 1

Glad that they are helping you out Gena. I know they have had some issues with these drop offs ( I did too ) but glad they are still helping people out. I personally believe they should have stuck with glass. 

• Like 1
On 5/31/2017 at 2:58 PM, Lizz said:

that leak is the pits. i'm sorry!

i'm glad IM is taking care of you though....looking forward to seeing what you'll do with the 25!! also selfishly glad you aren't throwing in the towel....your tanks have always been my favorites!

Thank you :flower:

On 5/31/2017 at 3:19 PM, shaneandjohn said:

It's very nice to hear about the Customer Service Aspect in this hobby!  So many times this aspect is overlooked by Big name companies. It's great to hear you are being taken care of, You deserve it.

I know your new tank will be stunning, cause that's just what you do?

Please Post a Final drop off picture before you break it down !  This has been my wife's favorite tank to view.

Cheers to new beginnings ?

Awwww....thanks :blush:.  I will definitely take a final picture.  The tank has a "bandaid" on it right now.  I took a piece of gaffers tape and put it on the leak.  Which hasn't gotten any worse, thankfully fingerscrossed.

On 5/31/2017 at 4:24 PM, markalot said:

If everything works out I'm happy to see you setup another tank.  This one was gorgeous, but new is always fun ... well for us anyway. :)

Thanks, Mark :flower:

16 hours ago, JLynn said:

Glad to see you join the club, Gena! The 25 is great. Such good dimensions for aquascaping.

Thank you!!!!  I'm really looking forward to aquascaping :).

15 hours ago, DaveFason said:

Glad that they are helping you out Gena. I know they have had some issues with these drop offs ( I did too ) but glad they are still helping people out. I personally believe they should have stuck with glass. 

Thanks, Dave!!!!  Of all things, I saw today on Instagram that they now have the Drop-off with Low-iron glass :lol:.  They aren't for sale yet but they are doing a giveaway in case anyone wants to try for it.  It's Innovative Marine on Instagram.  I personally won't be going for it LOL.  I love the tank, just a little afraid of it now!

My 25 Lagoon tank shipped today and is expected to be delivered by the end of the day tomorrow.  We were just outside spray painting the legs for my new stand.  I'll probably set it up on Saturday. 

I picked up new sand (again) at my LFS.  Feel like I'm doing that a lot lately.  I also picked up a new blasto.  It's red/pink with a purplish center.  It's the big variety, wellsi????   I wouldn't have been able to get that if not for the switch.  Blessings in disguise ;).

• Like 8

Oooh can't wait to see a pic of the new blasto!  Will you be starting a new tank thread?  The renovation turned out beautifully!  Is that Nora-kitty in the last pic?

• Like 1

Happy to hear that they are taking care of you!  You are going to love the lagoon.  My lagoon is currently cycling and I love the dimensions!  Can't wait to see yours after the transfer.  GL

• Like 1