Cultivated Reef

The Pastel Garden: Drop-Off

gena

50 minutes ago, Sharbuckle said:

You know what you want and that is good. 

Excited to see the 10g. You really know how to use the space of a nano tank and I have no doubt its going to be awesome. Having said that, please please please dont leave the hobby. You are what makes nano reefing great. 

That's really sweet of you, thank you very much!  I'll do my best.  I have plenty of coral to work with, that's for sure :).

• Like 1

I will miss the Fox coral, there just aren't many around.  I saw one in a for sale thread here long ago, then you got one.  Who else has one?

Good luck with the newer smaller tank. :)

• Like 4
21 minutes ago, markalot said:

I will miss the Fox coral, there just aren't many around.  I saw one in a for sale thread here long ago, then you got one.  Who else has one?

Good luck with the newer smaller tank. :)

I learned about the fox from Felicia.  She had one, but I seem to remember hers started shrinking and I believe she ended up losing it.  I think @stellablue has one.  I'm not sure who else.  Oh, maybe @Slowtwitch.  

And thank you!  I've just spent a good amount of time figuring how things are going to fit into the 10g tank.  I may try jam packing it :lol:.  We'll see.

• Like 6

Man, wish I had room for the fox, I'd offer to buy it lol.  I'll miss that fluffy pink pillow!   It's probably my favorite.  Just make sure the crab doesn't try to run away with it!

I am sure you will make something gorgeous out of the 10 gallon and I look forward to seeing it!  If you decide to frag anything I would be interested! :happy:

• Like 2

I just had an idea that is ridiculous but I think it's hilarious so I'll share: two IM10's side by side, one featuring nothing but the fox coral! :lol:

Back to your regularly scheduled thread lol.

• Like 2
4 hours ago, Lula_Mae said:

Man, wish I had room for the fox, I'd offer to buy it lol.  I'll miss that fluffy pink pillow!   It's probably my favorite.  Just make sure the crab doesn't try to run away with it!

I am sure you will make something gorgeous out of the 10 gallon and I look forward to seeing it!  If you decide to frag anything I would be interested! :happy:

You are going to hate me.  He went with the fox coral :blush:.  I couldn't stand separating him...he loves that thing!  I would feel bad.  So I sent him with it.  They'll probably separate him from it, but at least I didn't do it.  He is kind of high maintenance anyways.  I always had to hand feed him.  He stopped catching food with his fans and expected shrimp from the baster every day LOL. 

3 hours ago, Lula_Mae said:

I just had an idea that is ridiculous but I think it's hilarious so I'll share: two IM10's side by side, one featuring nothing but the fox coral! :lol:

Back to your regularly scheduled thread lol.

Actually that would be pretty cool :).

So I took the fox coral in today.  But decided to hang onto the big green leather.  I'm planning to pack the 10 totally full.  We'll see how that works out.  My LFS said they can cut my blasto rock for me if I need it so I can keep some of those, maybe not all.  I'm going to try though.  And I can bring anything else in that won't fit.  Tank is supposed to arrive tomorrow.

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, ninjamyst said:

What you gonna do with the 25 now?  Sell it locally?  Whatever tank you choose, it will be awesome.

Yeah, gonna try to sell it on Craigslist.  And thanks :).

2 minutes ago, Lawnman said:

All caught up now :lol: good luck with the new 10. Can't wait to see it!!!

LOL my computer kept making those weird sound notifications :D.  Thank you!!!!!  I'm really looking forward to a little tank.  I like the look of a packed nano...good thing too, cuz it will probably be pretty packed :lol:.

• Like 1
23 hours ago, gena said:

I'm being made fun of pretty good here tonight LOL.  Both my husband and son LMAO.  "What fish tank will Gena choose next????" "will it be the tiered tank, will it be the big tank, or will it be a small tank?????"  :lol::lol::lol: 

I'm so bad LOL.

Haha I get made fun of all the time on local boards and my husband just looks at me like whatever I don't care what you do:) I feel you, I really like this 60g I just moved to but its weird to have that big of a tank again. Do what makes you happy, thats all that counts. I will miss that fox coral its such a beauty!

• Like 2
16 minutes ago, jstuver said:

Haha I get made fun of all the time on local boards and my husband just looks at me like whatever I don't care what you do:) I feel you, I really like this 60g I just moved to but its weird to have that big of a tank again. Do what makes you happy, thats all that counts. I will miss that fox coral its such a beauty!

It's amazing how they just go along with it LOL.  God bless them :).

Thank you for the words of encouragement.  I think we soooo understand each other :flower:.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, gena said:

You are going to hate me.  He went with the fox coral :blush:.  I couldn't stand separating him...he loves that thing!  I would feel bad.  So I sent him with it.  They'll probably separate him from it, but at least I didn't do it.  He is kind of high maintenance anyways.  I always had to hand feed him.  He stopped catching food with his fans and expected shrimp from the baster every day LOL. 

Actually that would be pretty cool :).

So I took the fox coral in today.  But decided to hang onto the big green leather.  I'm planning to pack the 10 totally full.  We'll see how that works out.  My LFS said they can cut my blasto rock for me if I need it so I can keep some of those, maybe not all.  I'm going to try though.  And I can bring anything else in that won't fit.  Tank is supposed to arrive tomorrow.

Aww, I understand though!  But what a little prima donna! :lol: Valerie likes shrimp too lol.  I definitely hope you can keep a little of each blasto, especially the black heart ones!  And hey, now you don't have to worry about making a new stand and the cats eating the cords!

Can't wait to see the 10g Pastel Jungle! :happy:  Are you keeping all of your fish?

• Like 2
7 hours ago, Lula_Mae said:

Aww, I understand though!  But what a little prima donna! :lol: Valerie likes shrimp too lol.  I definitely hope you can keep a little of each blasto, especially the black heart ones!  And hey, now you don't have to worry about making a new stand and the cats eating the cords!

Can't wait to see the 10g Pastel Jungle! :happy:  Are you keeping all of your fish?

Yep!  So many pluses to going to the smaller tank.  I'm hoping to be able to keep the whole blasto rock.  Or at least half.

Yep, keeping all the fish :).  My poor fish.  Being uprooted again.

• Like 4
On 6/6/2017 at 0:30 PM, gena said:

I learned about the fox from Felicia.  She had one, but I seem to remember hers started shrinking and I believe she ended up losing it.  I think @stellablue has one.  I'm not sure who else.  Oh, maybe @Slowtwitch.  

And thank you!  I've just spent a good amount of time figuring how things are going to fit into the 10g tank.  I may try jam packing it :lol:.  We'll see.

You're right! I do have one. It's gotten quite large. One of my favorites. 

Hey have you looked at the 14 gallon IM peninsula???? 

Ignore my comment about the 14 peninsula - I just saw that your tank will be to you shortly!!! Whoops. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, stellablue said:

You're right! I do have one. It's gotten quite large. One of my favorites. 

Hey have you looked at the 14 gallon IM peninsula???? 

Yep...my LFS has one set up.  Not crazy about the shape.  Much like the 25.  I think the 10 will be more like my drop-off with the cube shape.  Just cute.  At least I hope so LOL. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, gena said:

Yep...my LFS has one set up.  Not crazy about the shape.  Much like the 25.  I think the 10 will be more like my drop-off with the cube shape.  Just cute.  At least I hope so LOL. 

Whatever you do will be cute!! I'm looking forward to it!!!

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, stellablue said:

Whatever you do will be cute!! I'm looking forward to it!!!

Thanks!  I am too!  It's "out for delivery".  Waiting patiently :).

• Like 2

The little cube is here!!!!  Now THIS is me.  I love it right out of the box.  I could see myself with just this tank for a long time.  I should have gone with this one to begin with.  Even before the drop-off.  Oh well.  I have it now :wub:.

I don't think there's any way I'll get everything in.  So I'll have to pick and choose.  Not a big deal.  I'll probably have to do quite a bit of fragging.  Better get to work on this :happydance:.59386158e639a_ScreenShot2017-06-07at1_22_27PM.thumb.png.6bf975ad5f9bde42b5c5e64900b0eef1.png

• Like 10
Sharbuckle

Wooooooo. Looking forward to your new tank. Although the 25 looks cool. 

Are you gonna do the typical one island rockwork that you see in small cubes or do you havent something cool planned? 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, gena said:

Yep!  So many pluses to going to the smaller tank.  I'm hoping to be able to keep the whole blasto rock.  Or at least half.

Yep, keeping all the fish :).  My poor fish.  Being uprooted again.

I hope you can keep most of the blastos since blastos are awesome sauce! :happy:

3 hours ago, gena said:

The little cube is here!!!!  Now THIS is me.  I love it right out of the box.  I could see myself with just this tank for a long time.  I should have gone with this one to begin with.  Even before the drop-off.  Oh well.  I have it now :wub:.

I don't think there's any way I'll get everything in.  So I'll have to pick and choose.  Not a big deal.  I'll probably have to do quite a bit of fragging.  Better get to work on this :happydance:.59386158e639a_ScreenShot2017-06-07at1_22_27PM.thumb.png.6bf975ad5f9bde42b5c5e64900b0eef1.png

You know, if you think about it, if you sell the Lagoon for a decent price, you've technically made money on the whole deal since you got the original drop-off at a discount! :lol: Can't wait to see it set up, it will look so nice on the white drop-off stand!

• Like 1
3 hours ago, patback said:

Wow that thing is gonna be jammed!  Where did the lid come from?  Does that come with the tank?

Yeah, it's gonna be jammed.  Unless I decide not to go that route :).  It came with the tank.  But it doesn't fit as snug as I would like it so I just finished making a new one. 

2 hours ago, Sharbuckle said:

Wooooooo. Looking forward to your new tank. Although the 25 looks cool. 

Are you gonna do the typical one island rockwork that you see in small cubes or do you havent something cool planned? 

Yeah, I felt bad pulling it all apart.  It did look great but just not my style :huh:

It's going to have to be one big blob of rock.  My rocks are too big to get fancy.  And with the amount of coral I have, I don't think it's gonna really matter.  I want a packed tank look anyways.  Something interesting.  Fun swimming space for the fish :).

52 minutes ago, Lula_Mae said:

I hope you can keep most of the blastos since blastos are awesome sauce! :happy:

You know, if you think about it, if you sell the Lagoon for a decent price, you've technically made money on the whole deal since you got the original drop-off at a discount! :lol: Can't wait to see it set up, it will look so nice on the white drop-off stand!

Me too!  And you're right!  I was going to try and get $200 for it.  Used less than a week :lol:

So right now I'm stuck in limbo.  Everything is out.  But I can't set the new tank up yet because I cant get the darn stand level.  Old house, unlevel floors :wacko:.  So it needs shimming, but everything I try I can't get all four corners to be perfectly level with the bubble in the center of the level.  The chief engineer will be home in about an hour.  In the meantime, I'm trying to keep everything aerated periodically with a turkey baster :D.

• Like 6