Pod Your Reef

The Pastel Garden: Drop-Off

gena

Thanks! I have a retro stove too :). It's cobalt blue and from the 50s! I love retro elements but I like the modern stuff too. I guess we have an eclectic style. The next thing is new counter tops!

The cats are all over the place in there. I told him if he needs me to remove them just let me know. He said, OH NO...I'm enjoying them! He has 3 cats of his own :).

The nice thing about this is I don't have to remove anything. He does it all :happydance:. I'm just sitting back and wasting my day on the computer. He just left to get a couple of more paint samples for me.

That's the way to do it! Sit back and enjoy the results :)

• Like 1

There is a lot to be said about "Eclectic" Tastes :) Like me and Music. I am Weird in many people's eyes...lol! I Don't care.

I Love to here Old Jazz (20's and 30's) Blues, Big Band, 50's, 60's (Including Folk Rock),Protest Music, Classic Rock, 70's, 80's.

Cultural...I might be able to go on.

Regarding stuff like u have, ur stove from the 50's, Stuff was built to last back iin those days....Looks Nice, however with modern tech, I wonder if u might save $ with

new burners? (Electric) Unless it's Gas.

I love your taste in music! I'm the same...I don't have one favorite genre. The stove is gas and it's the best stove I've ever had. We had it completely overhauled when we got it. All new components. Even a new color. It was white.

This thing was definitely built to last and when we move, it's coming with me :).

That's the way to do it! Sit back and enjoy the results :)

For sure :happydance:. I tried to do it myself but I didn't want it to look bad, which was how it was looking (I admit, I'm a perfectionist) LOL. If I can do it right, I will. But if not, I have no qualms about hiring a professional to do it.

• Like 2

There is a lot to be said about Music from the past. It has influenced some of T'day's Stars and Music.

Good example is Roy Orbison. He had such an influence over many Bands.

• Like 2

It's the weekend :happydance:

With all the goings on at my place lately, and the remodeling, and about relocating the tank. I've decided to downsize my tank again! Right now my plan is to get the IM10. Put it on a bookshelf like stand since I'm going to need something like that anyways after the remodeling. We have built-in bookshelves in the room that we are remodeling and that's going away. Which leaves me with nowhere to keep some of my favorite, must keep, books. So they can go on this book shelf that the little tank can sit on.

The worst part is having to decide what stays and what goes. I've come up with a tentative plan. Things I want to keep are marked with circles, squares, and arrows :). Think I can fit all that in an IM10?????

Screen%20Shot%202016-08-27%20at%207.49.4

• Like 6

It's the weekend :happydance:

With all the goings on at my place lately, and the remodeling, and about relocating the tank. I've decided to downsize my tank again! Right now my plan is to get the IM10. Put it on a bookshelf like stand since I'm going to need something like that anyways after the remodeling. We have built-in bookshelves in the room that we are remodeling and that's going away. Which leaves me with nowhere to keep some of my favorite, must keep, books. So they can go on this book shelf that the little tank can sit on.

The worst part is having to decide what stays and what goes. I've come up with a tentative plan. Things I want to keep are marked with circles, squares, and arrows :). Think I can fit all that in an IM10?????

Screen%20Shot%202016-08-27%20at%207.49.4

Whew, you are going to have one immediately stocked IM10 for sure! Haha. I think as long as all of those can touch completely without warfare you might be able to get them all in there. It may be a tight squeeze though. I love that middle leather and the one on the far left though. It's kinda hard for me to tell how big each of those are though from the picture! :lol:

• Like 3

Happy weekend, Gena! I think the biggest challenge you will have downsizing to the IM10 is the change to a cube from a long. It really does mean a lot less room for things to grow out, especially softies. You'll have to be creative with the scape to separate the ones the need to stay apart.

Bit if anyone can figure it out, it's you - I can't wait to see what you come up with!

• Like 3

Whew, you are going to have one immediately stocked IM10 for sure! Haha. I think as long as all of those can touch completely without warfare you might be able to get them all in there. It may be a tight squeeze though. I love that middle leather and the one on the far left though. It's kinda hard for me to tell how big each of those are though from the picture! :lol:

Everything in the middle rock identified with the square can touch no problems. The gorgonian can touch things as well. The trumpets are good corals too..no fighting. And the brain is a very well-behaved coral :). Yep...all can be snug as bugs in a rug LOL. Just hope I can fit it all. If not, no biggie. It's for sure going to be a challenge, and I'll do my best to get them all in!

Happy weekend, Gena! I think the biggest challenge you will have downsizing to the IM10 is the change to a cube from a long. It really does mean a lot less room for things to grow out, especially softies. You'll have to be creative with the scape to separate the ones the need to stay apart.

Bit if anyone can figure it out, it's you - I can't wait to see what you come up with!

I was hoping you'd see this :). If I'm only able to keep the main leather rock (in the square) and my open brain...I'm totally ok with that. If anything, the hardest part will be fitting in my blasto rock. But I can chip at the rock to make it smaller. Where there's a will there's a way LOL. I can do this :D.

• Like 4

Everything in the middle rock identified with the square can touch no problems. The gorgonian can touch things as well. The trumpets are good corals too..no fighting. And the brain is a very well-behaved coral :). Yep...all can be snug as bugs in a rug LOL. Just hope I can fit it all. If not, no biggie. It's for sure going to be a challenge, and I'll do my best to get them all in!

I was hoping you'd see this :). If I'm only able to keep the main leather rock (in the square) and my open brain...I'm totally ok with that. If anything, the hardest part will be fitting in my blasto rock. But I can chip at the rock to make it smaller. Where there's a will there's a way LOL. I can do this :D.

I think with some really creative rockwork and stacking you could really fit a lot into the IM10. You may have to help the leather and gorg out a bit if they are shedding just because of the water volume, but I think it is realistic. I agree with Teeny though, if anyone can do it, you can!

• Like 2

I think with some really creative rockwork and stacking you could really fit a lot into the IM10. You may have to help the leather and gorg out a bit if they are shedding just because of the water volume, but I think it is realistic. I agree with Teeny though, if anyone can do it, you can!

Even now the gorgonian has a lot of issues with shedding. I have to take a toothbrush to it every week to help it along. I was hoping in a smaller space with more flow that might make a difference. Guess I'll find out. I can always remove it if there is an issue. I'm actually looking forward to a smaller tank. Not that the 20 is huge by any means LOL. But size wise (dimensions) I think it will be significant. I've always loved the little nanos and picos. So much more than the "big" nanos.

My husband has agreed to make me ANOTHER stand :lol:. You have no idea how funny this is. He makes me a new stand every few years it seems :lol:. This one will be a book shelf stand and it will be white.

• Like 3

Even now the gorgonian has a lot of issues with shedding. I have to take a toothbrush to it every week to help it along. I was hoping in a smaller space with more flow that might make a difference. Guess I'll find out. I can always remove it if there is an issue. I'm actually looking forward to a smaller tank. Not that the 20 is huge by any means LOL. But size wise (dimensions) I think it will be significant. I've always loved the little nanos and picos. So much more than the "big" nanos.

My husband has agreed to make me ANOTHER stand :lol:. You have no idea how funny this is. He makes me a new stand every few years it seems :lol:. This one will be a book shelf stand and it will be white.

I've never had a gorg, does it come off in a single sheet, big pieces or tiny pieces?

Your hubby is awesome!

• Like 1

I've never had a gorg, does it come off in a single sheet, big pieces or tiny pieces?

Your hubby is awesome!

That he puts up with me makes him SUPER awesome :lol:.

It's like small to tiny sheets of skin. And actually, my clownfish love to eat it LOL. Makes cleanup easier for me :).

• Like 2

That he puts up with me makes him SUPER awesome :lol:.

It's like small to tiny sheets of skin. And actually, my clownfish love to eat it LOL. Makes cleanup easier for me :).

Oh that is even better if the clowns will eat that!

• Like 1

Oh that is even better if the clowns will eat that!

Yep!

Now I'm really wishing I didn't sell my nanobox light :(. May have to talk to Dave at Macna about a new one!

• Like 3

I can't wait to see all his new lights in person! It'll be fantastic!

Yep :happydance:.

Now instead of going to MACNA in search of a couple of boring corals...I'll be in search of a new tank, light, and equipment. CAN'T WAIT :lol:.

• Like 6

Now instead of going to MACNA in search of a couple of boring corals...I'll be in search of a new tank, light, and equipment. CAN'T WAIT :lol:.

You were going to look for boring coral? I think you're in for a real treat!!! I'm positive you'll find at least one livestock purchase along with the equipment! :lol:

You were going to look for boring coral? I think you're in for a real treat!!! I'm positive you'll find at least one livestock purchase along with the equipment! :lol:

Yep...boring compared to equipment :). I was just going to search out some unusual softies. I'll probably still look for my pink hippos zoanthids but any leathers are off the table now since I totally won't have room with the new tank LOL.

• Like 2

Looking forward to seeing what you do with the new tank............for sure room for a little micro sized cap frag..........maybe .....yes ?? I just have to?

• Like 3

Looking forward to seeing what you do with the new tank............for sure room for a little micro sized cap frag..........maybe .....yes I just have to

That micro frag would become a dinner plate in no time LOL. You'll have to get your cap fix from Teeny's IM10 :).

• Like 4

New tank :omgomgomg: I sent you a message on Instagram. Might wait till next wekend to buy a tank and equipment sure many will have a labor day sale. Box up all the softies you don't want I will buy them for the softie reef :)

• Like 2

buy lots of raffle tickets you might win one ;)
  • Like 2

New tank : omgomgomg: I sent you a message on Instagram. Might wait till next wekend to buy a tank and equipment sure many will have a labor day sale. Box up all the softies you don't want I will buy them for the softie reef :)

I'll have a couple of leathers and some mushrooms, maybe some zoanthids that I can send you. Think I can just cut the large leather on the right side off the rock? Maybe a couple of days before shipping? It's attached to a really big rock which might be a PITA to ship.

I think I'm going to hold off for MACNA to purchase my tank. Unless there are some amazing deals for the holiday! I really want to see the Nuvo Concept tanks in person. Considering a Panorama model but I'm not sure if I'd get sick of the drop-off look and scaping might be a challenge since I have to work with the rock I have. Not planning to add any. I really like the white tank though. Probably should just stick with the IM10 :).

buy lots of raffle tickets you might win one ;)

I thought about that :).

I think today we are going to draw up the plans for the new bookshelf stand. He's going to really customize it to the needs of the tank. Like I'll probably have one dedicated tank shelf and it will have a door to hide my ATO container and all tank equipment. Should be fun :).

• Like 4

The concept tanks look really nice but I thought you are "downsizing" =P. Does this mean there's a possibility of "upsizing" a little? The IM 20 or IM 25 are nice too, much more length for more corals. Or get the same Fluval Evo 12 I have. It has some flaws but the dimensions are nice.

• Like 1

The concept tanks look really nice but I thought you are "downsizing" =P. Does this mean there's a possibility of "upsizing" a little? The IM 20 or IM 25 are nice too, much more length for more corals. Or get the same Fluval Evo 12 I have. It has some flaws but the dimensions are nice.

I know...it wouldn't be a downsize but a lateral move! That's another reason I'm hesitant, because I really want a smaller tank. But if the look is such that I can't resist, then I'd be ok with a lateral move. I for sure don't want to go any bigger than 20g though. I have a feeling the drop-off look won't work for me but I just really want to see one in person. I'll have to check out the Evo 12 too. Thanks for the suggestion!

Just looked! It's not cubey enough for me LOL. I want to go back to the cube shape :D.

• Like 2