Top Shelf Aquatics

The Pastel Garden: Drop-Off

gena

I'll have a couple of leathers and some mushrooms, maybe some zoanthids that I can send you. Think I can just cut the large leather on the right side off the rock? Maybe a couple of days before shipping? It's attached to a really big rock which might be a PITA to ship.

I think I'm going to hold off for MACNA to purchase my tank. Unless there are some amazing deals for the holiday! I really want to see the Nuvo Concept tanks in person. Considering a Panorama model but I'm not sure if I'd get sick of the drop-off look and scaping might be a challenge since I have to work with the rock I have. Not planning to add any. I really like the white tank though. Probably should just stick with the IM10 :).

I thought about that :).

I think today we are going to draw up the plans for the new bookshelf stand. He's going to really customize it to the needs of the tank. Like I'll probably have one dedicated tank shelf and it will have a door to hide my ATO container and all tank equipment. Should be fun :).

I'd take a small piece of the left sided leather.

I'm excited myself to look at some of the new designs for tanks at MACNA. I'm hoping to find the perfect tank for myself eventually.

• Like 2

I'd take a small piece of the left sided leather.

I'm excited myself to look at some of the new designs for tanks at MACNA. I'm hoping to find the perfect tank for myself eventually.

The one by the mushrooms? It doesn't have much color to it. I was hoping it would do something amazing in my tank and it hasn't. I'll totally cut you a piece of it if you want. Think Lawn will mind? LOL. Just a little chunk out of it?

What size tank is your ideal? After all these years, trying multiple tanks in multiple sizes, I think the 10-12g is the most suitable for me.

• Like 3

The one by the mushrooms? It doesn't have much color to it. I was hoping it would do something amazing in my tank and it hasn't. I'll totally cut you a piece of it if you want. Think Lawn will mind? LOL. Just a little chunk out of it?

What size tank is your ideal? After all these years, trying multiple tanks in multiple sizes, I think the 10-12g is the most suitable for me.

The one between the trumpets and the clown on the picture you circled and squared items. Yeah a small chunk is good unless that is one that won't survive being cut. I'm not sure, I want a longer tank, something in the 13-17 gal range.

• Like 3

The one between the trumpets and the clown on the picture you circled and squared items. Yeah a small chunk is good unless that is one that won't survive being cut. I'm not sure, I want a longer tank, something in the 13-17 gal range.

Ok...that's the one I thought you meant. I think it would be fine to cut it. But it probably won't be attached to anything. Is that ok with you? I could probably ship it priority mail if you just cover the cost of shipping and a couple of dollars to cover the cost of the box/packing material. Or I could bring it with me to macna but not sure where you could keep it for a few days LOL. We could make it an experiment...how long can a leather coral survive in a plastic bag? :lol:

• Like 2

Ok...that's the one I thought you meant. I think it would be fine to cut it. But it probably won't be attached to anything. Is that ok with you? I could probably ship it priority mail if you just cover the cost of shipping and a couple of dollars to cover the cost of the box/packing material. Or I could bring it with me to macna but not sure where you could keep it for a few days LOL. We could make it an experiment...how long can a leather coral survive in a plastic bag? :lol:

Not being attached would be just fine, I'm sure I could figure out getting it to attach to something. :D Do you think if I put the airstone in with it in a bit bigger tupperware it'd be okay until I left? Otherwise shipping it would be great too. No need to rush. :)

• Like 3

O my Gena, I just saw in the TOTM thread that this beautiful pastel garden is coming down. No!!! JK, we reefers have to deal with all sorts of things and I definitely get the limited space and time contraints. That is why I took down my 90 gallon. I am positive that whatever you choose to go with next will be gourgeous. And it is fun thinking about new tanks too!

• Like 4

Darn it. I like this tank just the way it is. I guess I don't want it to change any.

In the same vein, whenever you do something, it turns out great, always.

• Like 2

I'll have a couple of leathers and some mushrooms, maybe some zoanthids that I can send you. Think I can just cut the large leather on the right side off the rock? Maybe a couple of days before shipping? It's attached to a really big rock which might be a PITA to ship.

I think I'm going to hold off for MACNA to purchase my tank. Unless there are some amazing deals for the holiday! I really want to see the Nuvo Concept tanks in person. Considering a Panorama model but I'm not sure if I'd get sick of the drop-off look and scaping might be a challenge since I have to work with the rock I have. Not planning to add any. I really like the white tank though. Probably should just stick with the IM10 :).

I thought about that :).

I think today we are going to draw up the plans for the new bookshelf stand. He's going to really customize it to the needs of the tank. Like I'll probably have one dedicated tank shelf and it will have a door to hide my ATO container and all tank equipment. Should be fun :).

You can pop it off or cut it off. Just keep me updated on what you do I will pay for them and shipping :D
  • Like 2

Not being attached would be just fine, I'm sure I could figure out getting it to attach to something. :D Do you think if I put the airstone in with it in a bit bigger tupperware it'd be okay until I left? Otherwise shipping it would be great too. No need to rush. :)

Yep, I think it would be totally fine. I'll bring it with me and give it to you in person :happydance:. I also have heat packs if you think you'll need it. Doubtful you would but if you check temps and it seems necessary just let me know and I'll bring one along. It's still blazing hot here right now so it definitely wouldn't be needed. I don't follow what's going on in the rest of the country though, for the most part :).

O my Gena, I just saw in the TOTM thread that this beautiful pastel garden is coming down. No!!! JK, we reefers have to deal with all sorts of things and I definitely get the limited space and time contraints. That is why I took down my 90 gallon. I am positive that whatever you choose to go with next will be gourgeous. And it is fun thinking about new tanks too!

It's ok :). It will still be The Pastel Garden. I'm not starting a new thread. And it will look pretty much the same, just half the size LOL. I can't wait!!!!! The 10g will fit the room much better than my 20g. I have a dinky house :D.

Darn it. I like this tank just the way it is. I guess I don't want it to change any.

In the same vein, whenever you do something, it turns out great, always.

Thank you :flower:. It will be great!!!!

You can pop it off or cut it off. Just keep me updated on what you do I will pay for them and shipping :D

I will try chipping at the rock :). I think it'd be less stressful than cutting.

Building permits were approved today!!!!!! Work can start a week or so from today. BUT....I'm going to say hold off until after our San Diego trip. We waited this long, what's an extra week or two.

I also don't want to move the tank but rather transfer everything to the new one. And I don't have the new tank yet, nor the stand made yet. I'm waiting until after MACNA to make any purchases. But I'm pretty set on the IM10.

I also want to paint the living room before moving everything over. I have a ton of stuff to do between now and then omgomgomg.

• Like 6

Gena- just saw this nonsense about a new tank. Downsizing again? Heresy!

J/K. does this mean the fox needs a home?

Yep..most likely! Unless I go with the IM Concept panorama tank. Then I think I'd have room for it :).

Are you still interested?

• Like 1

Yep..most likely! Unless I go with the IM Concept panorama tank. Then I think I'd have room for it :).

Are you still interested?

For sure. It's beautiful. Maybe a bouquet of trumpets also. Just let me know.
  • Like 1

Joining the itty-bitty tank club again, eh? :)

Very good chance of it unless I go with the panorama drop off tank omgomgomg

Can't wait to see what you do! But man you are giving up that fox coral! I love that thing so pretty and fluffy!

I might have to :(. I don't really want to because it's the home of my anemone crab. I'll try to keep it if I can :).

For sure. It's beautiful. Maybe a bouquet of trumpets also. Just let me know.

That could definitely be arranged. I'll let you know :).
  • Like 2

Yep, I think it would be totally fine. I'll bring it with me and give it to you in person :happydance:. I also have heat packs if you think you'll need it. Doubtful you would but if you check temps and it seems necessary just let me know and I'll bring one along. It's still blazing hot here right now so it definitely wouldn't be needed. I don't follow what's going on in the rest of the country though, for the most part :).

It's ok :). It will still be The Pastel Garden. I'm not starting a new thread. And it will look pretty much the same, just half the size LOL. I can't wait!!!!! The 10g will fit the room much better than my 20g. I have a dinky house :D.

Thank you :flower:. It will be great!!!!

I will try chipping at the rock :). I think it'd be less stressful than cutting.

Building permits were approved today!!!!!! Work can start a week or so from today. BUT....I'm going to say hold off until after our San Diego trip. We waited this long, what's an extra week or two.

I also don't want to move the tank but rather transfer everything to the new one. And I don't have the new tank yet, nor the stand made yet. I'm waiting until after MACNA to make any purchases. But I'm pretty set on the IM10.

I also want to paint the living room before moving everything over. I have a ton of stuff to do between now and then omgomgomg.

Sounds good to me! :flower: You are awesome! Only 8 days away now. :)

• Like 1

Sounds good to me! :flower: You are awesome! Only 8 days away now. :)

One week away omgomgomg. Right about this time, next week, I'll be packing my bags and getting a leather coral set for a fun weekend LOL.

So I really think I might go with the drop-off tank! Unless I absolutely hate the acrylic when I see it. But even though it's still 20g, the dimensions are shorter length wise from my 20 long tank which is really what I need...something not so long. It's taller which isn't an issue. So I'll need a light for it. Lawn talked me into an AI Prime. Then I'll need a top for it. Either have another custom made or I'll go back to a handmade one with BRS netting. I'll probably do the hand made since I don't have any funky curves to make in the top like on my 20 long tank. It looked terrible because I needed a cut out for the HOB filter.

Yesterday I ordered a micro Smart ATO since my current Smart ATO won't work unless I have clear glass which the AIO tank won't have in the back compartment. Which will be for sale, by the way, in case someone is looking for an ATO system for a sump or clear glass tank :). I've been wanting the micro size anyways. I hope I like it as well.

Happy for a 4 day weekend :happydance:. Lots to do in preparation for the remodel. I have a call in to my new paint guy (did the kitchen) to come in and paint the living room. Once that's done, I can set up the new tank :D.

• Like 4

Yay, I hope you do the drop-off because it will be amazing :)

I really like my micro ato, it's really well designed and thought out. The only problem I've had with mine is that if it gets covered with algae it thinks it's dark and turns on the water. Oops...

• Like 2

One week away omgomgomg. Right about this time, next week, I'll be packing my bags and getting a leather coral set for a fun weekend LOL.

So I really think I might go with the drop-off tank! Unless I absolutely hate the acrylic when I see it. But even though it's still 20g, the dimensions are shorter length wise from my 20 long tank which is really what I need...something not so long. It's taller which isn't an issue. So I'll need a light for it. Lawn talked me into an AI Prime. Then I'll need a top for it. Either have another custom made or I'll go back to a handmade one with BRS netting. I'll probably do the hand made since I don't have any funky curves to make in the top like on my 20 long tank. It looked terrible because I needed a cut out for the HOB filter.

Yesterday I ordered a micro Smart ATO since my current Smart ATO won't work unless I have clear glass which the AIO tank won't have in the back compartment. Which will be for sale, by the way, in case someone is looking for an ATO system for a sump or clear glass tank :). I've been wanting the micro size anyways. I hope I like it as well.

Happy for a 4 day weekend :happydance:. Lots to do in preparation for the remodel. I have a call in to my new paint guy (did the kitchen) to come in and paint the living room. Once that's done, I can set up the new tank :D.

The smart micro ATO is on sale again?! Dang! :lol: Only one week left! I'm already getting anxious. I was contacted via e-mail this morning from my airline informing me that they changed my flight time on sunday. Instead of leaving at 4pm...I get to leave at 6am. Wtf :furious: I called and spoke to a manager who ended up refunding both of our return flights, but there wasn't any other options for flights so I am going to miss the whole last day. :tears:

Edit: After getting really excited and looking at all the online stores to see how much the ATO were on sale for, I realized that you meant you were SELLING your old one. :lol: It has been a long week. :unsure:

• Like 1

Yay, I hope you do the drop-off because it will be amazing :)

I really like my micro ato, it's really well designed and thought out. The only problem I've had with mine is that if it gets covered with algae it thinks it's dark and turns on the water. Oops...

Yep...I hope I love it when I see it! I really hope they have one on display at the show! Otherwise I may just take a chance and order it anyways. That and the light omgomgomg. Can't wait to get it all transferred :).

My micro ATO arrived today. It's sooooo tiny!!!!! Just what I need. So I guess I'll need to be on top of making sure it doesn't get covered with algae. Do you clean yours weekly?

The smart micro ATO is on sale again?! Dang! :lol: Only one week left! I'm already getting anxious. I was contacted via e-mail this morning from my airline informing me that they changed my flight time on sunday. Instead of leaving at 4pm...I get to leave at 6am. Wtf :furious: I called and spoke to a manager who ended up refunding both of our return flights, but there wasn't any other options for flights so I am going to miss the whole last day. :tears:

Edit: After getting really excited and looking at all the online stores to see how much the ATO were on sale for, I realized that you meant you were SELLING your old one. :lol: It has been a long week. :unsure:

Yeah, wasn't on sale. I didn't really shop around. I checked BRS and they don't carry them. Marine Depot is my go-to-place for most everything so that's where I ordered from. They had free shipping so that was somewhat of a deal. At least there was some savings.

That's a bummer about your flight! Now such an early one :o. Well, at least you got refunded. Maybe spend the savings on something extra that you wouldn't have bought otherwise. We'll just have to make Saturday a power day for you :D. Get it all in, in one day. That weekend is going to go so fast for all of us!

• Like 2