SaltCritters.com

The Pastel Garden: Drop-Off

gena

So many sales going on this weekend for Father's Day. I asked my husband if there's anything he needs for his reef LOL. He said, "huh?" LOL. So I got him a nice bottle of scotch instead :).

Guess I've been neglecting my tank thread lately. Haven't gotten a new PSW yet although I didn't check in this week. Been keeping busy with my garden and my geckos and summer. The left side still needs to catch up with the middle and right side. I'm thinking about clipping the grubes gorgonian to help fill in the left side space. Maybe next week during maintenance.

Screen%20Shot%202016-06-18%20at%204.49.4

Screen%20Shot%202016-06-18%20at%204.48.4

Screen%20Shot%202016-06-18%20at%204.49.0

The other garden I take care of......

b3e48776-abcb-4d1d-a53a-19a4f677ea27_zps

It feels like it's 1000 degrees out today. And it's only getting worse. Supposed to be in the 100s tomorrow and 107 on Monday :wacko:.

Fun stuff :D.

I think a clipping of the Grubes would really look nice on the left side! Both the tank and the garden look great. Stay cool! :)

• Like 2

Your tank and garden look great as expected Gena. I remember that you were looking for a white leather a while back. Did you give up the search? If you are still looking, I found this yesterday. I can try to frag you a piece and ship it once the weather is cooler.

9ziNF7q.jpg

• Like 5

Your tank and garden look great as expected Gena. I remember that you were looking for a white leather a while back. Did you give up the search? If you are still looking, I found this yesterday. I can try to frag you a piece and ship it once the weather is cooler.

9ziNF7q.jpg

Holy moly! where did you find that?? THAT is an awesome leather.

Everything looks beautiful Gena! Including the outside garden :D

• Like 1

New LFS about an hour away from me. I wasn't looking for anything like this, but when I saw it I had to get it.

Everything looks beautiful Gena! Including the outside garden :D

• Like 2

New LFS about an hour away from me. I wasn't looking for anything like this, but when I saw it I had to get it.

Even if Gena doesn't want a frag, I'd love one :)

That's an incredible looking leather!

• Like 1

how's the tank doing with the hot weather??

your garden looks lovely. wish i have a green thumb like you. my lawn is yellow and total eye sore right now =P.

Tank is handling the heat no problems. The warmest it got was 78.3 yesterday..assuming my heater probe is working properly :). I don't even use a fan on it...LEDs rock :).

And thank you :flower:. I spent a couple of hours this morning watering everything down outside. It was a scorcher yesterday and supposed to be even worse today.

Good question. I guess you just don't have the heater on at all but do you have AC on? How are you cooling your tank?

The heater is hooked up to my Apex on "auto" so it only turns on when it drops to I think 77.9 and then shuts off at 78.9 (I think). Something like that. It's been a while since I programmed it. Definitely running the A/C though. The geckos aren't supposed to get above 80 degrees. I'm more concerned about them than my reef tank. This excessive heat makes me nervous :scarry:.

I think a clipping of the Grubes would really look nice on the left side! Both the tank and the garden look great. Stay cool! :)

Thank you!!!! For sure about the Grubes. I'll see about doing that this week :). I also am getting a frag of Felicia's colt coral at some point to help fill in the area :wub:.

9ziNF7q.jpg

Oh my :wub:. YES please!!!!!! That's exactly what I was looking for...so glad you picked it up. I haven't given up wanting one but haven't been actively searching. But if I ever saw one available I would totally purchase it. Thank you so much for offering!!!!! Might have to wait for fall with this crazy weather LOL.

Everything looks beautiful Gena! Including the outside garden

Thanks, Rachel :).

For Annette.........

Screen%20Shot%202016-06-19%20at%2010.30.

Screen%20Shot%202016-06-19%20at%2010.29.

They hatched last night. I love them both but that last one is AMAZING to me :wub:.

• Like 8

Tank is handling the heat no problems. The warmest it got was 78.3 yesterday..assuming my heater probe is working properly :). I don't even use a fan on it...LEDs rock :).

And thank you :flower:. I spent a couple of hours this morning watering everything down outside. It was a scorcher yesterday and supposed to be even worse today.

The heater is hooked up to my Apex on "auto" so it only turns on when it drops to I think 77.9 and then shuts off at 78.9 (I think). Something like that. It's been a while since I programmed it. Definitely running the A/C though. The geckos aren't supposed to get above 80 degrees. I'm more concerned about them than my reef tank. This excessive heat makes me nervous :scarry:.

Thank you!!!! For sure about the Grubes. I'll see about doing that this week :). I also am getting a frag of Felicia's colt coral at some point to help fill in the area :wub:.

Oh my :wub:. YES please!!!!!! That's exactly what I was looking for...so glad you picked it up. I haven't given up wanting one but haven't been actively searching. But if I ever saw one available I would totally purchase it. Thank you so much for offering!!!!! Might have to wait for fall with this crazy weather LOL.

Thanks, Rachel :).

For Annette.........

Screen%20Shot%202016-06-19%20at%2010.30.

They hatched last night. I love them both but that last one is AMAZING to me :wub:.

Woah! Cool! How many babies do you have now?

• Like 2

Woah! Cool! How many babies do you have now?

4 that were hatched here :). My first babies are 4 months old now and look so big compared to these little squirts.
  • Like 1

Since it's not even noon yet and it's already 106 degrees, I put out a saucer of water for the birds. I hope they see it. I have some mockingbirds, bluejays, and hummingbirds that hang around and I see them with their little beaks hanging open. Poor things.

Screen%20Shot%202016-06-20%20at%2011.35.

Screen%20Shot%202016-06-20%20at%2011.35.

I'll be glad when this heat wave is over.

• Like 2

Super cute baby geckos! I may need to get one from you when you are ready to start selling.

OK. I'll see if I can get a couple of pieces of this guy on some frag plugs in a couple of weeks and then they should be good for shipping come fall.

• Like 1

9ziNF7q.jpg

Slowtwitch, I think you're making us all twitch over that white as snow leather! What is it called?

• Like 2

Slowtwitch, I think you're making us all twitch over that white as snow leather! What is it called?

"White leather coral" lol.

No name know of. Also, I have it on good authority that it is unlikely to stay that white. Sorry to disappoint folks. I'll keep you posted though as to how it's doing.

• Like 4

Hey Gena, your tank is looking good. Do you still have any of the corals I gave you awhile ago? Just wondering how they are doing.

• Like 1
jedimasterben

"White leather coral" lol.

No name know of. Also, I have it on good authority that it is unlikely to stay that white. Sorry to disappoint folks. I'll keep you posted though as to how it's doing.

Yeah, it will not stay that way, it will tan right up if taken care of. It looks like one of my leathers that got stuck under a rock structure for eight months.
  • Like 1

Super cute baby geckos! I may need to get one from you when you are ready to start selling.

OK. I'll see if I can get a couple of pieces of this guy on some frag plugs in a couple of weeks and then they should be good for shipping come fall.

Thanks :happy:. I'll let you guys know when I have some babies available. I'm thinking the soonest will be next spring. And that's great about the leather. I don't care if the color shifts either...it should still be a pale shade which is good enough for me :).

Hey Gena, your tank is looking good. Do you still have any of the corals I gave you awhile ago? Just wondering how they are doing.

Hi!!!!! Thank you :). My big cube and the little cube in the kitchen were taken down and some of the corals went in this tank. I don't think I have anything left from you. Definitely not any SPS. I can't remember what else you gave me besides the SPS pieces. Would have been neat to be able to give you frags back of your original colonies like I was able to do for Felicia and her green slimer.

Are you still in the area? Did you hear we are getting a ginormous IKEA? It's huge. I think it opens next spring. Supposed to be the largest in the country. The one we have now was the first in California so now we will have the largest LOL. You'll have to come down and visit again :).

• Like 1

Hi!!!!! Thank you :). My big cube and the little cube in the kitchen were taken down and some of the corals went in this tank. I don't think I have anything left from you. Definitely not any SPS. I can't remember what else you gave me besides the SPS pieces. Would have been neat to be able to give you frags back of your original colonies like I was able to do for Felicia and her green slimer.

Are you still in the area? Did you hear we are getting a ginormous IKEA? It's huge. I think it opens next spring. Supposed to be the largest in the country. The one we have now was the first in California so now we will have the largest LOL. You'll have to come down and visit again :).

I am still in Santa Barbara for another couple years <_<. 6 months of that time will be spent in Peru while I gather my dissertation data. I hadn't heard about the new giant Ikea! I will have to check that out when it opens. No big deal on the corals - there are lots of people I shipped to over the years. I was just wondering how there were doing. I thought I gave you some zoas too, but maybe not.

• Like 1

9ziNF7q.jpg

Damn thats a leather? It looks more like all my attempts to keep acro colonies :lol: That is a sweet looking piece.

• Like 7

Hi guys :happy:. So it's now hot and HUMID! At least it's not 110 anymore. I think it's 105 with the heat index today LOL. This summer is looking to be a brutal one!

Tank is keeping cool though......

Screen%20Shot%202016-06-27%20at%203.54.5

Screen%20Shot%202016-06-27%20at%203.54.1

And Nora says hi.

Screen%20Shot%202016-06-23%20at%2011.00.

CONGRATS ON THE BABIES, G!

One of those could be yours!!!! :)

Still haven't checked in at my LFS to see if he got me a PSW. But I think he would text me if he did get one. I'll try to go this week on Thursday.

We saw The Secret Life of Pets yesterday. It's not out in theaters yet, but my husband works for Universal Studios so we got a sneak peak. It's pretty cute. Definitely a must if you have kids. My 16 year old kid enjoyed it LOL. We all did.

In tank news...I did end up trimming my grube's gornonian last week and moving a piece to that left side behind the leather. But...my clowns keep moving it!!! You don't see it in the new photos because they had pulled it out again. It's in their territory so they are being little punks about it. Hopefully they'll give up after a while. I'm just going to keep moving it back :lol:. I imagine eventually they'll get used to it being there.

That leather is opening the biggest it's been yet so I'm pretty happy about that. Other than that...just status quo over here. Busy with summer stuff, crested geckos, and the remodel :).

• Like 8

Looking good!

Thank you :).

I have to go prop up the gorgonian again :rolleyes:. I need to get some new super glue. I think if I glue it in the hole she won't be able to yank it out anymore. I originally tried with putty and superglue but my glue was low so I didn't use a lot. Hopefully a new bottle will do the trick :D..

Nano sapiens

Thank you :).

I have to go prop up the gorgonian again :rolleyes:. I need to get some new super glue. I think if I glue it in the hole she won't be able to yank it out anymore. I originally tried with putty and superglue but my glue was low so I didn't use a lot. Hopefully a new bottle will do the trick :D..

The 'putty-and-glue' typically works really well to keep things in place. Good luck!

• Like 1