SaltCritters.com

The Pastel Garden: Drop-Off

gena

Christy1279

I almost never comment in NR but I do read your thread all the time. I love your tank. I am so sorry to hear about Jack. We lost our Great Dane, Roxie, three weeks ago to Kidney Failure. She was fine one morning and then 36 hours later we had to put her to sleep. It was so unexpected. She was only 4. You will be in my thoughts and prayers this week as I know what you are going through is almost unbearable. I am so sorry. Lots of internet hugs.

• Like 1

You are in my thoughts and prayers. I am so sorry. We had one of our dogs pass unexpectedly recently. Very hard. God be with you in this difficult time.

• Like 1

Oh Gena, what news. :( My brother recently did an at home euthanasia due to 3 other dogs being home and helping the other dogs know and make sense of what's happening. He's at home, his soul will always be with you all.

• Like 1

Like Christy, I have read your thread for years. My 12 year old Corgi had a spleen tumor the size of a grape fruit. My vet said it could burst and she would bleed to death. I made the bad decision in retrospect to have it surgically removed. The surgery was successful and was coming home but had complications and died at the clinic. The in home euthanasia is so much better for you and your dog. My vet sedated before actually putting them to sleep. That's probably more for me. That way I can be with them until sleepy. I can never watch the actual euthanasia. Character flaw.

• Like 1

Thank you all so much for the support <3. So many dogs have been lost and I'm sorry for all of your losses. I have been in a funk since Thursday. Almost as bad as when my mom passed away. Maybe it's PTSD from that but gosh it's just so difficult :(.

Like Christy, I have read your thread for years. My 12 year old Corgi had a spleen tumor the size of a grape fruit. My vet said it could burst and she would bleed to death. I made the bad decision in retrospect to have it surgically removed. The surgery was successful and was coming home but had complications and died at the clinic. The in home euthanasia is so much better for you and your dog. My vet sedated before actually putting them to sleep. That's probably more for me. That way I can be with them until sleepy. I can never watch the actual euthanasia. Character flaw.

This is a perfect post to read right now. Last night we made the decision to take him to an Animal Specialty Group tomorrow. See about having the operation done. But weighing the risks and asking lots of questions before proceeding. I would hate for something like this to happen and I'm so sorry for the loss of your Corgi. Our Jack will be 12 on May 9. I just feel like I need more answers and if there is a chance we could save him then go for it. He doesn't act like he's near death. But I just don't know. I know I cant put him to sleep without some more final answers. We may end up having to do it tomorrow. Or we may bring him home and let him die at home, hopefully in his sleep. I don't want him in any pain and if there is a chance that it could be at all painful then he will be put to sleep at the specialty group while we are there tomorrow.

With our cats they were also sedated first but I had to leave the room when they put the meds in to stop the heart. I just couldn't handle it :(.

Thank you all so much for the support <3. So many dogs have been lost and I'm sorry for all of your losses. I have been in a funk since Thursday. Almost as bad as when my mom passed away. Maybe it's PTSD from that but gosh it's just so difficult :(.

This is a perfect post to read right now. Last night we made the decision to take him to an Animal Specialty Group tomorrow. See about having the operation done. But weighing the risks and asking lots of questions before proceeding. I would hate for something like this to happen and I'm so sorry for the loss of your Corgi. Our Jack will be 12 on May 9. I just feel like I need more answers and if there is a chance we could save him then go for it. He doesn't act like he's near death. But I just don't know. I know I cant put him to sleep without some more final answers. We may end up having to do it tomorrow. Or we may bring him home and let him die at home, hopefully in his sleep. I don't want him in any pain and if there is a chance that it could be at all painful then he will be put to sleep at the specialty group while we are there tomorrow.

With our cats they were also sedated first but I had to leave the room when they put the meds in to stop the heart. I just couldn't handle it :(.

:grouphug: We love our companions and they ARE family! It is so hard. U have been and are in my thoughts and Prayers. What ever the final outcome, Jack will know that he is Loved! Our Bindi knew. Don't feel bad if you can't be in the room. I Could not do it.

In Regards to PTSD, again u have my Sympathy. I too have it from Iraqi Freedom. :grouphug::tears:

• Like 2

Thanks for the love you guys :wub:.

After lots of research and consultation we will not do the surgery. At his age most likely the tumor is not benign (although I really think it is). I read there's a 50/50 chance as far as what type it is. Anyways, he won't have the surgery since he's too old. BUT some good news. We do not have to immediately put him down! They say it's not a painful thing when the tumor ruptures. It could be quick or we could have 24 to 48 hours and with that time frame we can then have someone come out to euthanize. The one Dr. we spoke with said it's a peaceful passing. They pretty much just go to sleep from the blood loss. It's not a sudden explosion of the tumor but a rupture and he would just bleed out. I know it sounds horrible. But we have accepted this and are just giving him the best days possible until the end.

I'm just relieved we don't have to put him down before it seems it's time to put him down. I actually have a feeling of some normalcy again. Even some happiness. I can't even tell you guys how down I have been about this.

They say a week to a month. My goal is to keep him happy and going and comfortable for as long as possible until the end. We'll know when it's time and we will do what is right for him.

Thank you again for the uplifting words and comfort :flower:.

• Like 2

Oh, speaking of CA, I noticed my cute air plant came from CA. No wonder you may have seen it!

20160326_195747_zpsjk2ntztc.jpg

Oh yes..for sure. But I'd need the proper lighting for it. I took this photo for you today. They have the jellyfish air plant like yours and then these beautiful succulents in glass. I'd buy them all if I could LOL.

Screen%20Shot%202016-04-03%20at%205.29.1

Well well well,what's all this to do? I love those plants!! I'm debating doing foam ledges and pot holders in the new enclosure.

Oh! I have a link you should look over promise :wub:

http://dragonstrand.com/uroplatus-leaf-tailed-geckos-in-dragon-strand-cages/

I'm obsessed with this site:

www.airplantshop.com

:wub:

Oh gena! I'm so so so sorry about Jack. I wanted to like your post because of the beautiful photos, but I couldn't with the news about your Jack :(

Thinking about you.

• Like 1
Christy1279

I am glad you have more answers. I agree with your choices - not that my opinion really matters. :)

I hope you have many enjoyable days with your beloved Jack.

• Like 1

I'm obsessed with this site:

www.airplantshop.com

:wub:

Oh gena! I'm so so so sorry about Jack. I wanted to like your post because of the beautiful photos, but I couldn't with the news about your Jack :(

Thinking about you.

Thanks Stella :).

I am glad you have more answers. I agree with your choices - not that my opinion really matters. :)

I hope you have many enjoyable days with your beloved Jack.

Thank you! And it matters to me :flower:.

Last night we went out for dinner and Pinkberry, came home and saw this at the back door :wub:......

Screen%20Shot%202016-04-20%20at%209.55.1

This always happened (welcome home greetings), but not lately since Jack hasn't felt well. He had a really good night last night. Lots of energy. Even bouncing around and exploring the yard. It was making me really nervous because I didn't want him to fall!!!!!! It felt like old times.

• Like 7

Thanks Stella :).

Thank you! And it matters to me :flower:.

Last night we went out for dinner and Pinkberry, came home and saw this at the back door :wub:......

Screen%20Shot%202016-04-20%20at%209.55.1

This always happened (welcome home greetings), but not lately since Jack hasn't felt well. He had a really good night last night. Lots of energy. Even bouncing around and exploring the yard. It was making me really nervous because I didn't want him to fall!!!!!! It felt like old times.

Awww, what a sweet picture! I'm so sorry to hear about Jack :grouphug:

• Like 2

O no Gena, I am so sorry about Jack. My heart goes out to you and your family. I should know which pup is Jack in your 'greeting at the door' pic but I don't. Thats a darling picture!

• Like 1

O no Gena, I am so sorry about Jack. My heart goes out to you and your family. I should know which pup is Jack in your 'greeting at the door' pic but I don't. Thats a darling picture!

He's the big guy in the photo. Brittany spaniel.

Unfortunately he went downhill last night. We knew by about 10pm that today would be the day. We took him into the emergency vet this morning. There was no time to wait for it to be done at the house. He's at peace now. It's a relief but then we also have so much sadness. But focusing on the good times and the good memories of our sweet boy :).

He's the big guy in the photo. Brittany spaniel.

Unfortunately he went downhill last night. We knew by about 10pm that today would be the day. We took him into the emergency vet this morning. There was no time to wait for it to be done at the house. He's at peace now. It's a relief but then we also have so much sadness. But focusing on the good times and the good memories of our sweet boy :).

Oh Gena! :tears::grouphug::flower:

I am so sorry! I hate to say it, but it is a relief. I do love the Hunting Dogs. Brittanies are so awesome.

I have good and Fond Memories of our Bindi. A sweet Blonde Golden Rtrvr.

87X3BB.jpg

JhicxY.jpg

• Like 1

Sorry to hear about Jack Gena :( I always liked him in all your photos.

Thank you :flower:.

Screen%20Shot%202015-08-07%20at%204.24.3

Screen%20Shot%202015-08-07%20at%204.24.5

Oh Gena! :tears::grouphug::flower:

I am so sorry! I hate to say it, but it is a relief. I do love the Hunting Dogs. Brittanies are so awesome.

I have good and Fond Memories of our Bindi. A sweet Blonde Golden Rtrvr.

87X3BB.jpg

JhicxY.jpg

Bindi is gorgeous! We had a golden retriever growing up..such great family dogs!!!! My husband wanted a hunting dog even though not once did he ever take Jack out in the field. He would do some pointing in the yard though. That was cool the first time we saw that :).

They are so smart and so obedient. He was like a human which is what makes this so incredibly difficult. We had to put down two cats last year and I hate to say this was so much harder. I LOVE cats and I have always had cats in my life and I think I'm sticking to just cats from now on. They live longer and the bond isn't as strong as that with a dog. I'm pretty emotionally raw right now but this is how I'm feeling right now. Thanks for your posts. They have helped me a lot :flower:.

Sorry about Jack. Memories of him will be with you always.

Yes indeed. Thank you :happy:.

Back to tank news. I received my Tank Topper today. I actually received it a couple of weeks ago but it cracked in shipping. I was promptly sent out a new one and I love it :). It really is worth the money to have something that looks so nice and neat and clean!

Screen%20Shot%202016-04-21%20at%201.26.0

• Like 6

I didn't want to say anything but one of my grandmothers and then my personal first pet, my 14 lb Flemish Giant were completely healthier looking and sounding the day before they passed. I believe it's that they know they won't make it and are trying to bring you another day of sunshine to remember them that way before they move on, as if to say it's going to be okay. Hugs to you and your family.

• Like 2

oh Gena. I'm thinking about you and your family. Losing a dog is SO hard.

Annette - I think you're right. When we had to put our Anakin down (who lived a good 18 years), he had been going somewhat senile and we knew the day was upon us. Wouldn't you know that the morning of, he all of a sudden went back to recognizing us. It was amazing. But when we brought him in, he didn't even make it past the sedative. He was gone before they even had to do more than that. It was like he knew he could relax. It's always heartbreaking to lose a pet, but yes, Gena, I agree. Something about the connection we have with our canines makes it so much tougher.

• Like 2