Top Shelf Aquatics

The Pastel Garden: Drop-Off

gena

Beautiful as always Gena. Your Fox always looks like it is getting way more flow than mine does. I may try to increase flow around it in my tank now that it seems settled and happier.

Thanks :). I recently turned the flow up which I do when things are shedding. Then I turn it back down. The fox is not as fluffy in these last pics as a result of the increased flow. So sometimes it has lots of flow and sometimes it doesn't. I'm a fan of the lower flow look :).

Looks great gena! (As usuals) crestie eggs you say? Awesome!!

Thanks Patrick :flower:. YUPPERS!!!! SOOO EXCITED!!!! :lol: Two beautiful white eggs :).

Love the Pinky pics. All pastel for easter. Almost looks like you pose him, the pictures are so clear! Have a good weekend!

Thank you!!!!! He has been quite the poser lately :).

How wonderful for you guys! More crestie critters created! Soon they'll be crackin' and hatchin' and crawlin'!

I know!!!! Woohooo!!!!

Yeah I totally thought clown eggs at first. Haha! Congrats on the new creative eggs! How Easter appropriate? So remind me, now long until they hatch?

Pinky is pretty awesome. He actually sort of looks like an Easter egg, ha! Great photos of him :)

Btw, glad to see your Fiji and gorgs are open again. My toadstools are still shedding. They're been at it for like 3 days. Annoying!

Thank you!!!! It's 60-120 days typically. Shorter if incubated warm and longer if incubated cool. My last clutch incubated in the fall and winter months so they stayed pretty cool and took the full 120 days. Not sure what will happen this time. I don't let it get too warm in the house but like yesterday it was 77 in the house so that's not super warm but definitely not cool. I'm going to guesstimate that it will take about 80 days this time.

Tanks looking great as usual- nice and full........still room for a few caps

Thanks, Scott :happy:. Totally no room for caps LOL. I've totally had my fill of caps LOL.
  • Like 4

Because.....Easter :flower:.

663d2b9e-8713-4b00-b65d-51b82a26f2cd_zps

That's Aldi (Alduin). She started to whole thing for us :).

And of course lots of reefy pics for the new page......

firefishcalendar_zpsiptjvwiz.jpg

Screen%20Shot%202016-03-26%20at%203.20.4

Screen%20Shot%202016-03-26%20at%203.14.3

Screen%20Shot%202016-03-26%20at%203.12.5

Screen%20Shot%202016-03-26%20at%203.14.1

Screen%20Shot%202016-03-26%20at%203.16.1

Screen%20Shot%202016-03-26%20at%203.13.4

Screen%20Shot%202016-03-26%20at%203.16.4

All of the big fish (not the GBGs) were trying to get in the photos yesterday afternoon. I must not have fed them enough that morning or something. Usually they leave me alone when I'm taking photos :).

• Like 12

That's an adorable photo of Aldi!

I was wondering what your clowns were up to! I thought they usually stayed over on the left side of the tank, so its fun to see them out and about. Do they host a coral btw? Or just kind of hang out in a certain area? Lovely, clear shots of all the fish today! You always impress me with the fish photography!

• Like 2

Thanks you guys :).

Everything is just beautiful. The toadies are looking bigger. Does your plate ever move at all?

This one hasn't moved yet! It probably knows there really isn't anywhere to go LOL.

That's an adorable photo of Aldi!

I was wondering what your clowns were up to! I thought they usually stayed over on the left side of the tank, so its fun to see them out and about. Do they host a coral btw? Or just kind of hang out in a certain area? Lovely, clear shots of all the fish today! You always impress me with the fish photography!

They occasionally go to the open brain but that's the only coral they've ever shown any interest in, in this tank :).
  • Like 2

Gena your Easter crestie was awesome! Hard to take show an Easter basket of a tank up though :)

Gorgeous photos as always Gena!

Thank you both :flower:.

LOL...good thing I checked in on my thread. It reminded me that I have water running for my water change today. Of course it was overflowing LOL. But luckily it's in a sink so no mess to clean up. Still...I'm such a water waster :rolleyes:.

• Like 2

Thank you both :flower:.

LOL...good thing I checked in on my thread. It reminded me that I have water running for my water change today. Of course it was overflowing LOL. But luckily it's in a sink so no mess to clean up. Still...I'm such a water waster :rolleyes:.

You're lucky we're doing a bit better on the water front in CA :lol: Us reefers are definitely water consumers.

• Like 1

You're lucky we're doing a bit better on the water front in CA :lol: Us reefers are definitely water consumers.

I always feel so guilty when I forget about it running!

Oh, speaking of CA, I noticed my cute air plant came from CA. No wonder you may have seen it!

20160326_195747_zpsjk2ntztc.jpg

There's a decent sized display of air plants like yours and succulents at my grocery store :).
  • Like 1

Just the air plant, not the shell!!

Oh yes..for sure. But I'd need the proper lighting for it. I took this photo for you today. They have the jellyfish air plant like yours and then these beautiful succulents in glass. I'd buy them all if I could LOL.

Screen%20Shot%202016-04-03%20at%205.29.1

• Like 3

Oh yes..for sure. But I'd need the proper lighting for it. I took this photo for you today. They have the jellyfish air plant like yours and then these beautiful succulents in glass. I'd buy them all if I could LOL.

Screen%20Shot%202016-04-03%20at%205.29.1

Well well well,what's all this to do? I love those plants!! I'm debating doing foam ledges and pot holders in the new enclosure.

Oh! I have a link you should look over promise :wub:

http://dragonstrand.com/uroplatus-leaf-tailed-geckos-in-dragon-strand-cages/

• Like 1

Well well well,what's all this to do? I love those plants!! I'm debating doing foam ledges and pot holders in the new enclosure.

Oh! I have a link you should look over promise :wub:

http://dragonstrand.com/uroplatus-leaf-tailed-geckos-in-dragon-strand-cages/

That'd be wonderful as a display cabinet. It would be fun to create that natural setting too!!!! I spent a few hours this weekend modifying tubs. They turned out really well. Broke out my glue gun which I haven't used in ages for the screen ventilation. They are actually pretty fun to make :). Except I need a much lighter weight drill. The super industrial sized drill about killed me it's so heavy :lol:.

Let me know if you make your foam ledges and pot holders and how you do it! I bet that could save a ton of money to DIY. I spent almost $200 on supplies this weekend. I'm always needing more Ledges, magnetic dish holders, plants, etc.

That'd be wonderful as a display cabinet. It would be fun to create that natural setting too!!!! I spent a few hours this weekend modifying tubs. They turned out really well. Broke out my glue gun which I haven't used in ages for the screen ventilation. They are actually pretty fun to make :). Except I need a much lighter weight drill. The super industrial sized drill about killed me it's so heavy :lol:.

Let me know if you make your foam ledges and pot holders and how you do it! I bet that could save a ton of money to DIY. I spent almost $200 on supplies this weekend. I'm always needing more Ledges, magnetic dish holders, plants, etc.

I'll look around all the extra stuff I have and see if I have something you can use I'll send it out to ya. It shouldn't be too bad,just the foam,silicone, and coconut coir,and a few choice plants :)
  • Like 1

Thought I should post some photos for the weekend :happydance:. Everything continues to grow and be fluffy LOL. Well, except the gorgonian, which was fluffy earlier, but not now when I need it to be for pictures :lol:.

Screen%20Shot%202016-04-08%20at%204.09.1

Big as ever....

Screen%20Shot%202016-04-08%20at%204.08.5

Blastos doing really well. Lots of growth....

Screen%20Shot%202016-04-08%20at%204.09.4

Screen%20Shot%202016-04-08%20at%204.11.3

Cyphastrea has taken off too. You can see the growth on the rock below it.....

Screen%20Shot%202016-04-08%20at%204.07.5

Really love this long tentacle toad!!!!!

Screen%20Shot%202016-04-08%20at%204.08.1

I always feel like...somebody's watching me :wub:

Screen%20Shot%202016-04-08%20at%204.09.0

• Like 7

Woah! I think this is my favorite set of photos you've posted in a long time! The corals are just looking so lush and amazing! Such a natural and easy, peaceful looking tank. Seems like it would be super relaxing to watch :) That fox coral is just insane! I just don't seem to have luck with those in my tank. I don't think I have a spot available that has the right light and flow conditions. Oh well! I'll just admire yours. Your fiji leather looks a lot different than mine. Mine has much smaller polyps. I like the texture on yours and how it looks multi colored. Mine looks like one shade of goldenrod yellow with small polyps. Oh and if that long polyp toadstool drops a baby, I'll so buy it from you! I love that little toadstool!

• Like 1