Coral Vue Hydros

The Pastel Garden: Drop-Off

gena

I like your wrasse! Still waiting for a local guy to find one for me. Sweet logo too!

Thanks! and Thanks :D.

You'll love the wrasse!!!!!! Best fish ever :lol:.

• Like 1

Awesome, well look at you!!!! That's fantastic Gena. Sounds like a fun venture.

I like the white in my 10 and my 20, maybe the color doesn't attract algae that even algae doesn't like it because it's too bright?

Gert's tank is more established so it gets some but so far the 10 hasn't had much at all.

I can see your fiji has grown and your toadstool to the left has some more height!!! like an inch it seems. Maybe it's hitting its teenage yrs.

• Like 1

Awesome, well look at you!!!! That's fantastic Gena. Sounds like a fun venture.

I like the white in my 10 and my 20, maybe the color doesn't attract algae that even algae doesn't like it because it's too bright?

Gert's tank is more established so it gets some but so far the 10 hasn't had much at all.

I can see your fiji has grown and your toadstool to the left has some more height!!! like an inch it seems. Maybe it's hitting its teenage yrs.

They probably have grown. I know the finger leather on the right is finally opening back up again and it's bigger.

Yeah, I'm really excited about my up and coming business. Still working on things and not ready to launch it yet. But hopefully soon :).

• Like 2

Love the new photos! Looks like you're definitely getting good growth. I'm really liking that long polyp toadstool :)

Nice new logo too! Did I miss that you have more eggs? When will you start selling geckos?

It was the first half of this season of The Walking Dead that wasn't thrilling me, but this second half so far has been great. Interested to see what happens with Negan and the Saviors, because there's no way that's over.

• Like 1

Love the new photos! Looks like you're definitely getting good growth. I'm really liking that long polyp toadstool :)

Nice new logo too! Did I miss that you have more eggs? When will you start selling geckos?

It was the first half of this season of The Walking Dead that wasn't thrilling me, but this second half so far has been great. Interested to see what happens with Negan and the Saviors, because there's no way that's over.

Do you have room to sneak a long polyp toady in?

Thanks :). No more eggs yet. I keep hoping to see some every morning. I haven't checked yet today though fingerscrossed. Technically I could start selling in 4 months but I don't think I want to sell the babies I hatched. In fact, I'm 99.9% sure I don't want to sell them LOL. I probably won't start selling until the end of the year or next year. But I can get pictures taken of my breeders and grow-outs and at least get my website live even if not selling yet. A big proportion of sales will come from FB too. That's the place to sell. I started a page on there but haven't shared it yet because I still need to take a lot of photos of my cresties.

• Like 4

Do you have room to sneak a long polyp toady in?

Thanks :). No more eggs yet. I keep hoping to see some every morning. I haven't checked yet today though fingerscrossed. Technically I could start selling in 4 months but I don't think I want to sell the babies I hatched. In fact, I'm 99.9% sure I don't want to sell them LOL. I probably won't start selling until the end of the year or next year. But I can get pictures taken of my breeders and grow-outs and at least get my website live even if not selling yet. A big proportion of sales will come from FB too. That's the place to sell. I started a page on there but haven't shared it yet because I still need to take a lot of photos of my cresties.

I only have room to add anything else at this point if I remove something else. As in, I could remove one of my Tyree toadstools and replace it with a long polyp one :) I should just resist the urge to get new things at this point. Gena, we both need bigger tanks. I'll admire your long polyp toadstool while you admire my colt coral :lol:

Wow! It definitely takes longer than I would have imagined to establish a business breeding geckos. Since they're small, I expected it to be faster. I mean you could become a cat breeder faster! I admire your patience. I'm a bit too impatient once I decide I want to do something. I'm exited to see you get this business up and running in the next year or so. I find it fascinating! Hopefully you'll get more eggs soon!

• Like 1

Love your last pictures. I could not find a wrasse like yours locally and settled for a six line. So far so good as far as behavior goes.

Very nice business logo. Cant wait to see you up and selling and see what you do with your business. Hmmmm...might need a girlfriend for our mr some day in the future!

• Like 1

I only have room to add anything else at this point if I remove something else. As in, I could remove one of my Tyree toadstools and replace it with a long polyp one :) I should just resist the urge to get new things at this point. Gena, we both need bigger tanks. I'll admire your long polyp toadstool while you admire my colt coral :lol:

Wow! It definitely takes longer than I would have imagined to establish a business breeding geckos. Since they're small, I expected it to be faster. I mean you could become a cat breeder faster! I admire your patience. I'm a bit too impatient once I decide I want to do something. I'm exited to see you get this business up and running in the next year or so. I find it fascinating! Hopefully you'll get more eggs soon!

That is exactly my situation :lol:. I would totally remove a duplicate coral to fit in something new though. Sell one of your tyree toads! Get a long polyp to replace ;). I did my water change today and thought how nice it is to get it done so quickly and so easily so nope....not gonna get a bigger tank LOL.

Yeah...the gecko business isn't a fast one unless you start with ready to breed adults. Took me three years to get to this point. It takes about two years to grow a crestie female out to maturity where she could handle egg laying. It's definitely a long term hobby if you intend to breed. These geckos can live 15-20 years!!!!! I think that's remarkable.

It may take time....but I enjoy it so much that the waiting isn't a big deal for me.

Love your last pictures. I could not find a wrasse like yours locally and settled for a six line. So far so good as far as behavior goes.

Very nice business logo. Cant wait to see you up and selling and see what you do with your business. Hmmmm...might need a girlfriend for our mr some day in the future!

Thank you :). I think they are difficult to find locally. Even purchasing online, it can take a while to find one. I had put a request in for one and like 3 or 4 months later he had them at the LFS. I still remember that amazing day :). I love my Pinky so much. I think I've had him for 5 years now!!!!!!!

I will totally hook you up when you are ready :).

• Like 3

I think the last few new ones have been fantastic. Definitely kept my attention :).I have a few pictures. Nothing new and water change is tomorrow. You can see my back glass is still clean. I'm telling you guys...white backgrounds are super easy to maintain :).Screen%20Shot%202016-03-15%20at%204.26.2peek-a-boo :)Screen%20Shot%202016-03-15%20at%204.27.1Screen%20Shot%202016-03-15%20at%204.26.5Screen%20Shot%202016-03-15%20at%204.27.4Screen%20Shot%202016-03-15%20at%204.26.4and last but not least...my new business logo :happydance:. That's my super dalmation male there. Isn't he gorgeous????? Can't wait to get some kids that look like him!!!!Cheery%20Cherry%20Gecko%20copy_zpsjafihz

:wub: a woman after my own heart. Looks so good Gena!

• Like 1

:wub: a woman after my own heart. Looks so good Gena!

Heeheee...thanks, Patrick :flower:.

I still have to name the crestie in my logo. I received his girlfriend in the mail today. She's so cute and feminine looking. They are going to be an amazing pair :wub:.

• Like 2

Heeheee...thanks, Patrick :flower:.

I still have to name the crestie in my logo. I received his girlfriend in the mail today. She's so cute and feminine looking. They are going to be an amazing pair :wub:.

DiMaggio! And the girl Norma Jean ;)

He is gorgeous gena

• Like 3

That is exactly my situation :lol:. I would totally remove a duplicate coral to fit in something new though. Sell one of your tyree toads! Get a long polyp to replace ;). I did my water change today and thought how nice it is to get it done so quickly and so easily so nope....not gonna get a bigger tank LOL.

Yeah...the gecko business isn't a fast one unless you start with ready to breed adults. Took me three years to get to this point. It takes about two years to grow a crestie female out to maturity where she could handle egg laying. It's definitely a long term hobby if you intend to breed. These geckos can live 15-20 years!!!!! I think that's remarkable.

It may take time....but I enjoy it so much that the waiting isn't a big deal for me.

If I say a long polyp toadstool locally, maybe I'll be tempted to replace on of the Tyrees. I'm not going to go hunting online for anything else at this point though :) This tank is actually the biggest tank I've had and its actually the easiest to do maintenance on. I think in my case its more about how I designed the system than the size.

Well I am impressed with your patience! I didn't realize they could live that long, so that makes more sense now that they're slower to mature. Its just crazy because cats and dogs basically reach maturity at a bit under a year. You just expect it to happen even faster for smaller animals, but I guess that's just mammals. It really is very remarkable that the little cresties live such long lives. Definitely a very cool other hobby that you've gotten into :)

• Like 1

O my Gena, i feel like i missed a lot! That is so cool about your new buisness. You will be great at it because of your nuturing skills and your attention to detail, and of course your patience, ha ha! Great logo too.

• Like 1

Yep, perfect names.

I figured you would,you're super classy like that

:flower:

They really are perfect!!!! :)

I have a young one arriving today and I already have a name for him/her......Shamrock :).

If I say a long polyp toadstool locally, maybe I'll be tempted to replace on of the Tyrees. I'm not going to go hunting online for anything else at this point though :) This tank is actually the biggest tank I've had and its actually the easiest to do maintenance on. I think in my case its more about how I designed the system than the size.

Well I am impressed with your patience! I didn't realize they could live that long, so that makes more sense now that they're slower to mature. Its just crazy because cats and dogs basically reach maturity at a bit under a year. You just expect it to happen even faster for smaller animals, but I guess that's just mammals. It really is very remarkable that the little cresties live such long lives. Definitely a very cool other hobby that you've gotten into :)

Mine is an ORA toad so if you go someplace that sells that brand you might find one or at least be able to order it to pick up at the LFS.

I don't mind the long wait to maturity. It's fun to watch them grow. Their patterns change over time so that is really cool!!!! And the nice thing about getting young ones...they are way cheaper than adults LOL.

O my Gena, i feel like i missed a lot! That is so cool about your new buisness. You will be great at it because of your nuturing skills and your attention to detail, and of course your patience, ha ha! Great logo too.

You haven't missed a lot, really. Nothing has changed with the tank. Although I had to trim the pink finger leather yesterday. It's been aggravating my palys. Plus I noticed the lobo attacked it. So I cut that stalk with scissors. I think I need to get rid of the lobo. That thing is sooooo aggressive. I've had it attack the trumpets and the leather so far. I think on Friday I'll drop it off at my LFS. I wish I had the space to give it...they are one of my favorite corals. I would love to have a giant colony like Maria's but I just don't have the space.
  • Like 4

I received his girlfriend in the mail today. She's so cute and feminine looking. They are going to be an amazing pair :wub:.

Just how I like my lizards... cute and feminine... :)

• Like 3

LOLOLOLOL

I know...seems really weird to describe a lizard that way!!!! She really is though :lol:. I'll have to grab a pic of her. Crested geckos are so not like your typical reptile. They are sweet and cute :lol:.

• Like 1

:lol: chameleons look like brutes to me :wub:

I'm glad you like the names Gena, had you in mind when I thought of them.

• Like 1

They really are perfect!!!! :)I have a young one arriving today and I already have a name for him/her......Shamrock :). Mine is an ORA toad so if you go someplace that sells that brand you might find one or at least be able to order it to pick up at the LFS.I don't mind the long wait to maturity. It's fun to watch them grow. Their patterns change over time so that is really cool!!!! And the nice thing about getting young ones...they are way cheaper than adults LOL. You haven't missed a lot, really. Nothing has changed with the tank. Although I had to trim the pink finger leather yesterday. It's been aggravating my palys. Plus I noticed the lobo attacked it. So I cut that stalk with scissors. I think I need to get rid of the lobo. That thing is sooooo aggressive. I've had it attack the trumpets and the leather so far. I think on Friday I'll drop it off at my LFS. I wish I had the space to give it...they are one of my favorite corals. I would love to have a giant colony like Maria's but I just don't have the space.

Yes, i understand the woes of having inhabitants that can't play well together and making the painful choice of who leaves and who stays. Its stinks to be in that position :-(

• Like 1

I didn't get any photos of my tank today. But I did get some crestie pics. I was cleaning out cages and feeding dubias. When I pulled out the large sword plant I found two of the girls chillaxin together down in it :lol:.

Screen%20Shot%202016-03-18%20at%203.44.1

And this guy couldn't wait to eat :).

Screen%20Shot%202016-03-18%20at%203.44.3

His are in the open bag although he could easily eat the bigger ones. He has a big appetite :).

Hope you all have a great weekend!!!!! It's spring break here next week....wooohooo :happydance:.

• Like 8

Aww. I call that we need a video of them walking or climbing!!!

They mostly sleep during the day unless I disturb them, like today. Ok...I'll grab a video soon :). Maybe this weekend!

• Like 2