ReefCleaners.org

The Pastel Garden: Drop-Off

gena

Hmmm. I need to get on panther chameleon breeding Gena,that way we can control east and west coasts on the reptile trade :lol:

You do!!!!!! I keep remembering that photo you posted or linked me to of the newly hatched chameleon that thought it was still in the egg. This helps me to visualize how these crested geckos fit inside the tiny little eggs!!!! It seems crazy that they fit in there but they are all scrunched up cozy inside their eggs for some time. I guess it's the same with human babies although I think human babies have more room for stretching LOL.

I'll have to grab some tank photos for this new page, later today.

• Like 3

You do!!!!!! I keep remembering that photo you posted or linked me to of the newly hatched chameleon that thought it was still in the egg. This helps me to visualize how these crested geckos fit inside the tiny little eggs!!!! It seems crazy that they fit in there but they are all scrunched up cozy inside their eggs for some time. I guess it's the same with human babies although I think human babies have more room for stretching I think LOL.I'll have to grab some tank photos for this new page, later today.

New tank photos would be awesome :wub:

Yea I thought it was neat how cozy it looked. Lol I dunno if I'll get the go ahead for the chameleon breeding,this house while decent sized isn't layer out how I would prefer to do it in,or space for a greenhouse out back.

• Like 2

New tank photos would be awesome :wub:

Yea I thought it was neat how cozy it looked. Lol I dunno if I'll get the go ahead for the chameleon breeding,this house while decent sized isn't layer out how I would prefer to do it in,or space for a greenhouse out back.

Shipping these guys seems daunting to me but I suppose it's no different than shipping coral. Well, accept that these reptiles seem more alive than a coral which is more like a plant in my eyes. My first shipment will be so scary! I think it will be another year before I have to cross that bridge though. I'm not selling these first two babies. But maybe the next batch. If I can bare to part with them...any of them LOL.

So will you be moving sometime to have that chameleon breeding dream come true? Is the greenhouse where you would raise them? That sounds so exotic and awesome!!!! Someday I want to have a greenhouse as well :).

• Like 1

Shipping these guys seems daunting to me but I suppose it's no different than shipping coral. Well, accept that these reptiles seem more alive than a coral which is more like a plant in my eyes. My first shipment will be so scary! I think it will be another year before I have to cross that bridge though. I'm not selling these first two babies. But maybe the next batch. If I can bare to part with them...any of them LOL.So will you be moving sometime to have that chameleon breeding dream come true? Is the greenhouse where you would raise them? That sounds so exotic and awesome

!!!! Someday I want to have a greenhouse as well :).

Nah,right now a buddy of mine and I are looking at doing something else business wise ;)

We like where we are for the time being and honestly,I'd like to think a green house for a chameleon breeding system, but would probably be used to house a caiman

Shipping these guys seems daunting to me but I suppose it's no different than shipping coral. Well, accept that these reptiles seem more alive than a coral which is more like a plant in my eyes. My first shipment will be so scary!

Ha I know what you mean! When you do get ready to start thinking about shipping, look into phase 22 packs. They are more expensive then hot or cold packs, but do a better job at regulating the temperature.

Hope you got to curl up with Nora. She looked so adorable, napping so hard!

• Like 1

Ha I know what you mean! When you do get ready to start thinking about shipping, look into phase 22 packs. They are more expensive then hot or cold packs, but do a better job at regulating the temperature.

Hope you got to curl up with Nora. She looked so adorable, napping so hard!

I've heard of those! Thanks for the reminder :). Hopefully when the time comes I will remember it!

I did....she gives plenty of opportunities. Here she was again yesterday :lol:......

Screen%20Shot%202016-02-18%20at%203.42.4

Hope everyone has a great weekend :happydance:

Screen%20Shot%202016-02-18%20at%203.38.4

Screen%20Shot%202016-02-18%20at%203.41.3

Screen%20Shot%202016-02-18%20at%203.39.2

• Like 12

I've heard of those! Thanks for the reminder :). Hopefully when the time comes I will remember it!

I did....she gives plenty of opportunities. Here she was again yesterday :lol:......

Screen%20Shot%202016-02-18%20at%203.42.4

Hope everyone has a great weekend :happydance:

Screen%20Shot%202016-02-18%20at%203.38.4

Screen%20Shot%202016-02-18%20at%203.41.3

Screen%20Shot%202016-02-18%20at%203.39.2

Tank looks great Gena. :)

I like the last pic of the flower garden alot.

• Like 2

Tank looks great Gena. :)

I like the last pic of the flower garden alot.

Thanks, P :flower:.

My newly discovered ricordea I told you about is staying put this time. I glued it down to a rock and so far so good. It hasn't tried to slime away. No more surprises yesterday or today LOL. I was hoping I would be gifted with two new eggs for my incubator since this has been a week of surprises. But only some digging so far. Hopefully soon! I keep trying to check on eggs that are no longer there :lol:.

I'm pretty sure I light shocked my toadstool. It's been not too happy for the last couple of weeks. You can see it in one of the photos. I've shaded it and I think it's doing better now. But we'll see. May have to do some rearranging somehow in there :).

• Like 2

Thanks, P :flower:.

My newly discovered ricordea I told you about is staying put this time. I glued it down to a rock and so far so good. It hasn't tried to slime away. No more surprises yesterday or today LOL. I was hoping I would be gifted with two new eggs for my incubator since this has been a week of surprises. But only some digging so far. Hopefully soon! I keep trying to check on eggs that are no longer there :lol:.

I'm pretty sure I light shocked my toadstool. It's been not too happy for the last couple of weeks. You can see it in one of the photos. I've shaded it and I think it's doing better now. But we'll see. May have to do some rearranging somehow in there :).

Of course!

I would be constantly checking on them :lol: and I hope you get some more suprises soon.

Hopefully your toadstool gets it together for you,sounds like you found a good solution.

• Like 1
jedimasterben

I don't think you did, as their light tolerance is extremely high, higher than most hard corals. More than likely it is just prepping to shed, Sarcophyton leathers take the longest to do that IME, with Lobophytum coming in a close second :)

Also, I'm jelly, I love the light green base yours has, been looking for one like that!

• Like 3

Now this IS thee MOST stunning tank I've EVER seen! You're the interior designer of the Aquarium world!

Just beautiful relaxing colours huni. Love that it's a 20 Gallon though it looks much bigger. So following <3 <3 <3

• Like 3

I don't think you did, as their light tolerance is extremely high, higher than most hard corals. More than likely it is just prepping to shed, Sarcophyton leathers take the longest to do that IME, with Lobophytum coming in a close second :)

Also, I'm jelly, I love the light green base yours has, been looking for one like that!

I so hope you are right. And actually I think you are because last night I noticed it was sloughing off some skin and today it's perkier fingerscrossed.

That 2nd pic of your tank is so stunning. So much lovely going on.

Thank you :).

Now this IS thee MOST stunning tank I've EVER seen! You're the interior designer of the Aquarium world!

Just beautiful relaxing colours huni. Love that it's a 20 Gallon though it looks much bigger. So following <3 <3 <3

Thank you so much, Daisy :flower:. Thanks for following too and welcome to the community!!!!!!

Your tank just gets better and better every time I see it. Stunning!

:blush: thank you!!!!!

I agree, I think this tank is stunning as well! That is 4 STUNNINGS in a row!

Haha...thanks, Dawn :).

• Like 4

It's true it's quite a marvel isn't it?
  • Like 1

Thank you so much, Daisy :flower:. Thanks for following too and welcome to the community!!!!!!

:happy: Hiya! Thanks huni. I'm just getting as much information as possible before getting a tank (that may be in a year or so) but its so fab seeing everyone tank set ups. Yours seriously is amazing! :wub::happydance:

• Like 1

OMG HUNI YOU NEED HER FOR YOUR TANK!

http://www.liveaquaria.com/diversden/ItemDisplay.cfm?c=2733+3&ddid=297928

Love this website. Just wish we had one like it in the UK!

Just so peaceful and love that everything goes together perfectly <3

What a fish :wub:. I know nothing about those but looks-wise it would be perfect! Venomous makes me nervous though :lol:. And that price! I actually spent more than that this weekend on crested geckos. But then crested geckos aren't quite the risk that fish are. I really don't think I could ever spend more than $100 on a fish. Obviously I have no problem spending money but I'm just not a big risk taker :). I envy the person that gets that beauty though!

:happy: Hiya! Thanks huni. I'm just getting as much information as possible before getting a tank (that may be in a year or so) but its so fab seeing everyone tank set ups. Yours seriously is amazing! :wub::happydance:

Awesome! I did a lot of research too before I started my first tank. I had a head start being that my father was into the hobby first, which got me into it. He passed away before the era of the internet so all research was through books and magazines. I still have some of his old saltwater aquarium magazines :). For my first tank on my own, I spent many hours researching online until I felt comfortable enough to start her up. It didn't take me long :lol:.

• Like 3

What a fish :wub:. I know nothing about those but looks-wise it would be perfect! Venomous makes me nervous though :lol:. And that price! I actually spent more than that this weekend on crested geckos. But then crested geckos aren't quite the risk that fish are. I really don't think I could ever spend more than $100 on a fish. Obviously I have no problem spending money but I'm just not a big risk taker :). I envy the person that gets that beauty though!

Rhinos are really cool... but more appropriate for Felicia's tank. It would have a field day eating everything in this tank! They are ambush hunters. They just sit really still, then when something swims by they engulf it. My old LFS in Ohio had one for awhile. It was gorgeous, but super impressive whenever it would open its mouth. Like Trump would say, it was YUUUUUGE.

• Like 2

Rhinos are really cool... but more appropriate for Felicia's tank. It would have a field day eating everything in this tank! They are ambush hunters. They just sit really still, then when something swims by they engulf it. My old LFS in Ohio had one for awhile. It was gorgeous, but super impressive whenever it would open its mouth. Like Trump would say, it was YUUUUUGE.

I thought they were the type of fish with huge mouths that would eat my innocent sweet peaceful fish :lol:. But they sure are pretty to look at. So unique and interesting looking. Felicia needs to get one :).
  • Like 1

Just so peaceful and love that everything goes together perfectly <3

Mirya beat me too it. Rhinos are gorgeous and super cool, but they're in the scorpaenidae family (aka scorpionfish). That's the family of fish that includes both genera of lionfish as well as the leafish and a bunch of the other venomous predator fish. While the colors are perfect for Gena's tank, a rhino would eat all her tiny fish. One of my LFS has a tank of them, and while they're beautiful and very cool, they're also a bit boring after a while. They really just sit still all the time until food goes right in front of their face. The lionfish are quite a bit more active than rhinos.

Gena, the tank is looking gorgeous as usual! Your fiji leather has some serious PE! Its really looking beautiful as the centerpiece in there. Looks like you're running out of space though!

• Like 2

Mirya beat me too it. Rhinos are gorgeous and super cool, but they're in the scorpaenidae family (aka scorpionfish). That's the family of fish that includes both genera of lionfish as well as the leafish and a bunch of the other venomous predator fish. While the colors are perfect for Gena's tank, a rhino would eat all her tiny fish. One of my LFS has a tank of them, and while they're beautiful and very cool, they're also a bit boring after a while. They really just sit still all the time until food goes right in front of their face. The lionfish are quite a bit more active than rhinos.

Gena, the tank is looking gorgeous as usual! Your fiji leather has some serious PE! Its really looking beautiful as the centerpiece in there. Looks like you're running out of space though!

I don't have room for any more fish anyways :lol:. But it sure is pretty and would be awesome perhaps as a single fish in a tank like mine. I'm not starting up anymore tanks though LOL. My brother and I had this discussion yesterday. He's thinking of setting up a pico in addition to his 60g. I think I talked him out of it. Too much work :).

Thanks, Felicia! You should have seen the fiji yesterday. It was HUGE :lol:. Like the fox. I still plan to let everything just get huge and fight it out, so to speak. I wouldn't mind having a tank with zero swimming space in it. I think it'd look pretty cool. Ok...not zero. But very little swimming space :). None of my fish really swim that much either so they shouldn't mind. I think they'd have fun swimming in and out of the coral anyways :).