Innovative Marine Aquariums

The Pastel Garden: Drop-Off

gena

Awww, they're cuties!

:D

Not bad for reptiles :).

Apparently photobucket is down for maintenance. I have no photos showing :(.

Hey Gena, my LFS is selling a 4" cut of bright green polyp toadstool for $20. Is this a good deal? You seem to have the most experience with leathers and toadstools. ;)

Yep...that's a great price! Felicia and I were just talking about the price of the neon toadstool. She mentioned that it has gone up so I would definitely snag one from your LFS :).
  • Like 3

Hey Gena, my LFS is selling a 4" cut of bright green polyp toadstool for $20. Is this a good deal? You seem to have the most experience with leathers and toadstools. ;)

Yep, that is definitely a good deal! The price of these seems to be really shooting up lately. Specifically the neon green polyp ones. A big one like that at my LFS right now would be like $50 or more. They're selling small frags for $35.

Fun lizard photos, Gena! Hadn't seen them in a while. The graduate student at the desk next to mine has a bearded dragon and some kind of monitor that she loves to show me photos of. We talk pets all the time :)

And yeah, photobucket is making me really angry lately. I haven't been able to get anything to upload for weeks now and then now all my photos are down. I just uploaded my signature into Flickr and fixed it so that it will display. I'm transitioning over to Flickr because I've had enough of photobucket.

• Like 3

Yep, that is definitely a good deal! The price of these seems to be really shooting up lately. Specifically the neon green polyp ones. A big one like that at my LFS right now would be like $50 or more. They're selling small frags for $35.

Fun lizard photos, Gena! Hadn't seen them in a while. The graduate student at the desk next to mine has a bearded dragon and some kind of monitor that she loves to show me photos of. We talk pets all the time :)

And yeah, photobucket is making me really angry lately. I haven't been able to get anything to upload for weeks now and then now all my photos are down. I just uploaded my signature into Flickr and fixed it so that it will display. I'm transitioning over to Flickr because I've had enough of photobucket.

Yeah...I tried photobucket, but it never really worked. I use imgur, and I've never had problems.

They've grown a lot!

I have never had any issues with Photobucket that I can remember and I've been using it for several years. I only use it for NR so it's really no big deal to me. But there are some really pissed off people posting on the Photobucket FB page!

Darn it. I wanted to see a pic of your lizard girlies!

Hopefully soon you'll be able to see them fingerscrossed.
  • Like 2

They've grown a lot!

I have never had any issues with Photobucket that I can remember and I've been using it for several years. I only use it for NR so it's really no big deal to me. But there are some really pissed off people posting on the Photobucket FB page!

Hopefully soon you'll be able to see them fingerscrossed.

Fun! I want to see your whole breeding operation in person at some point. :)

Yeah I never had any issues at all with Photobucket until a few weeks ago. Right after the holidays when I wanted to post some new photos, I tried to upload them and Photobucket just kept giving me an error that they couldn't be uploaded. I keep trying, but I haven't been able to upload since then. Until yesterday though, all my previously uploaded photos were displaying fine. Now the old photos are down too.

• Like 1

Fun! I want to see your whole breeding operation in person at some point. :)

Yeah I never had any issues at all with Photobucket until a few weeks ago. Right after the holidays when I wanted to post some new photos, I tried to upload them and Photobucket just kept giving me an error that they couldn't be uploaded. I keep trying, but I haven't been able to upload since then. Until yesterday though, all my previously uploaded photos were displaying fine. Now the old photos are down too.

It's not really a breeding operation yet. My two eggs are 83 days old today!!!! They should hatch sometime next month :happydance:. But you will totally get to see them when you visit :).

Darn it. I wanted to see a pic of your lizard girlies!

Brought them over from the other page:

Screen%20Shot%202016-01-28%20at%205.21.3

Screen%20Shot%202016-01-28%20at%205.21.2

Screen%20Shot%202016-01-28%20at%205.21.0

• Like 10

I have to get dinner on the table but I wanted to post these for you before I did that :flower:.These are my 3 girls. They live together famously in the same cage. It's cute because they'll sleep together during the day :). These are future breeders for me!Screen%20Shot%202016-01-28%20at%205.21.3Screen%20Shot%202016-01-28%20at%205.21.2Screen%20Shot%202016-01-28%20at%205.21.0It will be a couple of years before they are ready to breed. That's one thing

about these cresties..they take a long time to mature.

Sorry it took me a minute here gena. They look....amazing! Excellent breeders. They are gorgeous :wub:

My breeding pair slept together in a cork log :) it's so cute lol.

How are the eggs doing?

My male, looked very similar to the first pic. Chocolatish

• Like 1

Your cresties look wonderful! My sons crested is doing very well. It has been a great and easy pet for us and has a lot of personality. It smelled for the first month and then now does not smell at all. I think his last home fed him mostly insects. He is on a packaged crestie diet now and is very easy to care for. Thank you for the suggestion to get my son one. If I had the room, we would have more of them. :)

• Like 2

Wow! I didn't realize it took so long for the eggs to hatch! Seems like breeding them is quite the commitment! Pretty awesome though! I bet watching the babies crack out of the eggs will be such an amazing experience.

• Like 1

I love them all but the top one's patterning, esp when it continues on the legs is outrageous! And I love the specs on the 2nd one. Do they want to run away quickly when you have them in your hands? Or are they pretty calm? I don't know anything about them.

• Like 2

Sorry it took me a minute here gena. They look....amazing! Excellent breeders. They are gorgeous :wub:

My breeding pair slept together in a cork log :) it's so cute lol.

How are the eggs doing?

My male, looked very similar to the first pic. Chocolatish

Thanks! These 3 will snuggle up on a ledge hidden under some foliage. I love that they get along so well :). Eggs are still doing great! No signs that they died fingerscrossed. Should be hatching within the next 4 weeks. I forgot to take a photo of them. I'll do that next :).

Your cresties look wonderful! My sons crested is doing very well. It has been a great and easy pet for us and has a lot of personality. It smelled for the first month and then now does not smell at all. I think his last home fed him mostly insects. He is on a packaged crestie diet now and is very easy to care for. Thank you for the suggestion to get my son one. If I had the room, we would have more of them. :)

If you don't feed live food the smell isn't bad at all :). I do feed live food every couple of weeks so I just change the paper towels in the cages more frequently then LOL. I'm so glad it worked out so well for you!

I love them all but the top one's patterning, esp when it continues on the legs is outrageous! And I love the specs on the 2nd one. Do they want to run away quickly when you have them in your hands? Or are they pretty calm? I don't know anything about them.

That one truly is the most striking of color. It's my favorite too :). They don't want to run away but they want to keep moving. My son had to take the photos for me because I couldn't do both! All of mine are pretty tame except for the adult female that is the mommy of the 2 eggs I'm waiting on to hatch. I got her as an adult and she obviously was not handled at all. She's a wild little thing.

Wow! I didn't realize it took so long for the eggs to hatch! Seems like breeding them is quite the commitment! Pretty awesome though! I bet watching the babies crack out of the eggs will be such an amazing experience.

I can't wait. Maybe if I catch them in the act of hatching I will video it!!!!!!

Guess where I went today????? Vivid Aquariums. I got to see their leathers in person. Unfortunately they didn't have a whole lot. I went with the thought of buying a white spaghetti leather if they had it. They didn't. The owner said they haven't seen them for 4 or 5 years :(.

They did have a white looking kenya tree. It's actually a pale turquoise shade. So I got that instead. Here's a photo of the leather corals. I bet one of those fijis (didn't get all of them in the photo) will be going to Stella :).

My kenya is at the top to the right of the pink kenya tree. Top row right of center.

Screen%20Shot%202016-01-30%20at%205.28.1

Then I checked Yelp for good restaurants in the neighborhood there and we found an AMAZING Thai place called Thai Blvd Bistro. It's a block east of Vivid and it's FABULOUS! The Thai Iced Tea is TDF and the food was TDF too! We all got the Curry Noodle which is a yellow curry dish. Sooo good. I took photos of it. The place was decorated for Valentine's Day...so cute. If you are a local shopping at Vivid you have to make this place a stop! I think I'll be going to Vivid more often now LOLOLOL.

Screen%20Shot%202016-01-30%20at%205.28.3

Screen%20Shot%202016-01-30%20at%205.29.0

Screen%20Shot%202016-01-30%20at%205.28.4

• Like 8

I can't wait to see that turquoise Kenya in your tank! From the photo you posted, the color looks awesome. And that restaurant looks great too.

I spy a fiji leather :wub: Mine comes tomorrow :happydance:

• Like 1

Somehow I missed that you went to Vivid! I'd love to check it out sometime. Looks like a better leather selection than I've been seeing around here recently! I love the turquoise kenya tree. Can't wait to see a photo of it in your tank. Nice choice! Also, that food looks DELICIOUS. Thai is one of my favorites. I love Tom Ka Gai (coconut soup) and yellow curry. I've never had a curry noodle dish. That looks wonderful!

• Like 1

Yeah, I'm sure they actually will be there. I forgot the reception was included in the pass! But I did have to buy an extra for my son. He probably would have preferred not going to it anyways but I figure he can at least go for the free food and then leave LOL. I'm really looking forward to it :D.

The reception is gonna be a blast. Its going to be held downtown at one of the piers. They are going to bus people to and from the reception. They are talking about having gourmet food trucks and local breweries there. :happydance:

• Like 1

I can't wait to see that turquoise Kenya in your tank! From the photo you posted, the color looks awesome. And that restaurant looks great too.

I spy a fiji leather :wub: Mine comes tomorrow :happydance:

The color is just like my turquoise trumpets only a bit lighter. It's pretty awesome! I'll grab a photo today :). Can't wait to see your fiji! I bet I already saw it at Vivid LOL.

Somehow I missed that you went to Vivid! I'd love to check it out sometime. Looks like a better leather selection than I've been seeing around here recently! I love the turquoise kenya tree. Can't wait to see a photo of it in your tank. Nice choice! Also, that food looks DELICIOUS. Thai is one of my favorites. I love Tom Ka Gai (coconut soup) and yellow curry. I've never had a curry noodle dish. That looks wonderful!

I hadn't been there in at least a year. They had a ton of coral. Lots of zoas and sps.

I've just started getting into the Thai food so I have a lot to try still but so far I'm loving it! I was never a curry gal but lately that's what I've been gravitating too. One of my favorite Japanese restaurants has a curry chicken dish that is out of this world amazing. I have bottles of curry sauce in my pantry from TJ that is so good too. I guess I'm on a curry kick LOL.

Holy!! That lizard is sooo cool!!! :o

Yeah...they are pretty awesome reptiles :).

The reception is gonna be a blast. Its going to be held downtown at one of the piers. They are going to bus people to and from the reception. They are talking about having gourmet food trucks and local breweries there. :happydance:

That sounds awesome! I hope they do that :happydance:.
  • Like 2

Yeah I was never into curry either until I moved out here to Berkeley. Now I really love it. I can't handle anything very spicy, but I love mild curries that are coconut milk based. Over rice with tons of veggies is so delicious!

• Like 1

Yeah I was never into curry either until I moved out here to Berkeley. Now I really love it. I can't handle anything very spicy, but I love mild curries that are coconut milk based. Over rice with tons of veggies is so delicious!

That soup we had was medium spicy. I think that's the most I would like it. It was coconut based...so delicious :).

Ok I have some photos. The new kenya tree is on the left under the pink kenya tree. It looks mostly white but when it's shrunk down more it looks turquoise like my trumpets. It's very cool. I think this is probably a better choice than the white spaghetti leather anyhow so no loss that I couldn't find one of those :)

Screen%20Shot%202016-02-02%20at%2011.38.

Screen%20Shot%202016-02-02%20at%2011.33.

Screen%20Shot%202016-02-02%20at%2011.33.

• Like 10