Cultivated Reef

The Pastel Garden: Drop-Off

gena

Thats so awesome. Do they have the egg sacks attached still? Tortoise hatchlings take a couple days until that falls off.

Nope...I think they eat it after they hatch. And then a couple of days later they'll start eating a normal diet. I have some food in there now for him/her. Just in case it wants to start eating early :). I'll be watching all kinds of youtube videos on hatchlings today to brush up on what to expect and tips on care :).
  • Like 4

I was wondering why I kept getting so many notifications of chatter on your page! Congratulations!!!! It is adorable! I am so happy for you. I thought about getting a girl friend for our male but then thought better of it. I have so many things to do now as it is. Maybe in the future. :) Soooo Sweet!

• Like 1

Well, I can't see how you could sell this one. It's your first!!! And it has sweet markings already. I'm so proud of your mama/papa pair! And proud of you of course!! Now we'll be glued too waiting for the other. As siblings they can remain in the same cage, correct?

• Like 1

I was wondering why I kept getting so many notifications of chatter on your page! Congratulations!!!! It is adorable! I am so happy for you. I thought about getting a girl friend for our male but then thought better of it. I have so many things to do now as it is. Maybe in the future. :) Soooo Sweet!

Thank you :happydance:. Two in a cage is really no more maintenance than one. But of course, after the babies come along, you are facing more work :). Maybe I can supply you with a female one day!

Beautiful baby there Gena. Congrats on the new addition(s).

Thank you so much :happydance:

Congratulations, Grandma!! :P

He's very cute :)

Heeheee...just call me Grandmama LOL.

Well, I can't see how you could sell this one. It's your first!!! And it has sweet markings already. I'm so proud of your mama/papa pair! And proud of you of course!! Now we'll be glued too waiting for the other. As siblings they can remain in the same cage, correct?

Thanks!!!! Oh I will be holding onto this one for sure. And it's sibling probably too. But most definitely my first :wub:. They will be able to be in the same critter keeper for a while :).

Congrats! So exciting! I can't wait to see what the other baby looks like when s/he is ready!

Thank you!!!!! The other one hasn't hatched yet. Maybe I'll have a surprise tomorrow morning...just like today :). I read it can be a day, or two days, or even a week between hatchings. I hope it's tomorrow!

I decided since it was born so close to Valentine's Day I will name it Valentino. If it turns out to be a girl, then it will be Valentina. If the two are opposite sexes then I'll have Valentino and Valentina :lol:. Otherwise I'll have to come up with a name for the other.

I'll let you guys know as soon as the other is born.

• Like 5

Thank you :happydance:. Two in a cage is really no more maintenance than one. But of course, after the babies come along, you are facing more work :). Maybe I can supply you with a female one day!

Thank you so much :happydance:

Heeheee...just call me Grandmama LOL.

Thanks!!!! Oh I will be holding onto this one for sure. And it's sibling probably too. But most definitely my first :wub:. They will be able to be in the same critter keeper for a while :).

Thank you!!!!! The other one hasn't hatched yet. Maybe I'll have a surprise tomorrow morning...just like today :). I read it can be a day, or two days, or even a week between hatchings. I hope it's tomorrow!

I decided since it was born so close to Valentine's Day I will name it Valentino. If it turns out to be a girl, then it will be Valentina. If the two are opposite sexes then I'll have Valentino and Valentina :lol:. Otherwise I'll have to come up with a name for the other.

I'll let you guys know as soon as the other is born.

Good plan :) this is exciting.
  • Like 1

Thats an awesome plate and congrats on the hatching!

If you put the MP10, returns, and rack in vinegar for 3 minutes you can make them like new with a toothbrush- the coralline just brushes right off.

Oh I know that one but like the purple ;) Plus I am not sure the frags would like the vinegar :lol:

Also congratulations on the hatching Gena.

• Like 2

Also congratulations on the hatching Gena.

Woah!! That's so cool!! A little gecko! Congrats!!

Baby #2 is here :happydance:. Was born during the night. I made sure to check first thing today!!!!!

Screen%20Shot%202016-02-17%20at%207.45.4

This one is darker like the mother. This whole thing is just amazing to me :wub:. Took awhile to get to this point...about 3 years. But here we are and I'm more hooked than ever LOL.

The two siblings together.....

Screen%20Shot%202016-02-17%20at%207.45.0

The first born is on the left. That one looks like the father. The one born today is on the right and that one is dark like the mother. Just fascinating!!!!!

I will give periodic updates on these two. I won't be handling them for a couple of weeks because it's too stressful for them. But more pics when that time-frame is up :).

• Like 11

Baby #2 is here :happydance:. Was born during the night. I made sure to check first thing today!!!!!Screen%20Shot%202016-02-17%20at%207.45.4This one is darker like the mother. This whole thing is just amazing to me :wub:. Took awhile to get to this point...about 3 years. But here we are and I'm more hooked than ever LOL.The two siblings together.....Screen%20Shot%202016-02-17%20at%207.45.0The first born is on the left. That one looks like the father. The one born today is on the right and that one is dark like the mother. Just fascinating!!!!!I will give periodic updates on these two. I won't be handling them for a couple of weeks because it's too stressful for them. But more pics when that time-frame is up :).

Hooray! Lookin good gena!

• Like 2

Hooray! Lookin good gena!

Thank you :flower:. I soooo wish I had my gecko room set up already. I need more space :lol:. Right now they are all in my son's room but one day I'm going to have a dedicated room for these guys :).
  • Like 4

:wub:

Hey you :flower:. Did you plant your garlic this year? I'm so itching to get my garden going. We are having summer temps but I think it's still too soon to do anything yet. But soooon :).
  • Like 2
natalia_la_loca

Hey you :flower:. Did you plant your garlic this year? I'm so itching to get my garden going. We are having summer temps but I think it's still too soon to do anything yet. But soooon :).

hiya :) ugh, I've been super busy and haven't planted the garlic yet! Whenever I've had free time available, it's been during a cold spell and I can't bring myself to go freeze my fingers off digging holes in the ground. But this weekend there's supposed to be a break in the weather and I'm planning to do it then.

I'm looking forward to getting in the garden too, and doing my best to restrain myself from starting a new reef tank. I have all the plans for a new pico system written down already, it's terrible!!!

• Like 2

Sooo cool! Congrats again!! :P

Thank you :).

hiya :) ugh, I've been super busy and haven't planted the garlic yet! Whenever I've had free time available, it's been during a cold spell and I can't bring myself to go freeze my fingers off digging holes in the ground. But this weekend there's supposed to be a break in the weather and I'm planning to do it then.

I'm looking forward to getting in the garden too, and doing my best to restrain myself from starting a new reef tank. I have all the plans for a new pico system written down already, it's terrible!!!

I don't blame you for putting it off...nobody likes frozen fingers :). I have a feeling we won't have anymore cold spells but I just want to wait to be safe. I think now is probably the time to plant the garlic here if we want to attempt that. I should tell my husband. He planted it last year but waited too long to do it and it did absolutely nothing!

A new pico tank sounds interesting :).

• Like 2

Congrats on the babies Gena! They are adorable.

Thank you :).

this reminds me of:

12564_4.jpg

=)

That's about right :lol:.

New baby is very cute! I like the darker contrasting colors. Congratulations again! A very cool hobby.

My son likes the darker one too. I like the lighter one :lol:. Thank you!!!! I love both of my hobbies so much :wub:.

I went to do my water change this afternoon and saw this :happy:.

Screen%20Shot%202016-02-17%20at%2012.31.

cozygirl_zpsi4lp8gwp.png

I wanted to curl up with her :wub:. But I was good and cleaned the reef :). She's still there so I may go join her now!

• Like 9

That's just awesome that they resemble each of the parents almost entirely. Cool. Now you have to make a chart & starting mapping the genetics out. A & B made babies 1 & 2 & what they look like, start a lineage. Jurassicatreefnation at Gena's!!

• Like 1

Aw! I love the adorable kitty with the comfy looking blanket and the tank in the background. :) Congrats on the second gecko! Very very cool that you are breeding them now and have your first babies. At least they sounds like the babies are easier to care for than baby fish. Do they just start eating regular food? No raising tiny live food sources like for fish!

• Like 1

That's just awesome that they resemble each of the parents almost entirely. Cool. Now you have to make a chart & starting mapping the genetics out. A & B made babies 1 & 2 & what they look like, start a lineage. Jurassicatreefnation at Gena's!!

It is so fascinating to me that they turned out each looking like one of the parents. The whole genetics thing is so out of my league but crested geckos are so unpredictable as far as what may come out of a pairing. Apparently you could breed two similar looking geckos and they could produce something that looks nothing like them. A completely different morph. So to get what I got is just very cool to me :).

Aw! I love the adorable kitty with the comfy looking blanket and the tank in the background. :) Congrats on the second gecko! Very very cool that you are breeding them now and have your first babies. At least they sounds like the babies are easier to care for than baby fish. Do they just start eating regular food? No raising tiny live food sources like for fish!

Thank you :). Yep...they eat the same food as adults. I can pick up live insects from the reptile shop...thank goodness :). Today they were both at the top of the foliage sitting together :wub:.

I love my new babies :happy:.

• Like 2